Users

Frequent Posters

SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Jiyagulabi

bus teen hafte dekhna re gaya hy😭

They look so good together, MashaAllah
Hoping they are cast together again , like Sanam Baloch and Fawad Khan were cast together at least in 3 shows that I know of.
Ahad and Sajal look so beautiful together.
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
https://m.facebook.com/HUMStyleAwards/ so sajal is attending but where is ARm?
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SS88

They look so good together, MashaAllah
Hoping they are cast together again , like Sanam Baloch and Fawad Khan were cast together at least in 3 shows that I know of.
Ahad and Sajal look so beautiful together.

They compliment a lot ma...
Hoping for that
SS88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm123

Completely agree. Of course seen in isolation the scene is pleasing but looking at the big picture, screen space needs to be used wisely when there is limited time left...

In yesterday's episode while the phone call was very sweet, I was disappointed with the 2 sec chat they had in the hospital corridor..I understand that they want to postpone a real face to face interaction between them to the next episode as they need to dwell on Zubia's reluctance...

Still after so much interaction in the party, I would have liked to see scenes of them thinking about their walk when getting ready for work...and some close ups of their eye contact when they meet at work surrounded by others..and also as someone else mentioned, show that conversation between Lubna and Asfi that Lubna was referring to...I would have settled for this as at least the continuity would have been maintained

@ Bold
This is the issue here. Not screen space. It's like we're watching them in 2 disconnected universes . I agree that Zubiya and Asfand would not chit chat in the hospital corridor (esp as the good doctor is very particular about "staff" being disciplined) ,but they could at least have shown them looking at each other. It's a credit to the writing and the acting in the show that we don't get put off, and even 2 min scenes , like the awkward phone call , Asfand thinking about her in the car and Zubiya smiling while making tea, maintain the chemistry between these two.
Now I'm just hoping that they're able to maintain the standard they have set so far. Give Zubiya's closure its due , close the Khajista/Bahadur angle properly and show us a proper romantic scene , with both of them being equally involved in it. I don't want the weird rush that we saw in Udaari or the almost comical situation in Diyar-e-dil. I'd love to see an engagement , but I'll happily take just one scene where they BOTH confess their feelings to each other.
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Completely agree. Of course seen in isolation the scene is pleasing but looking at the big picture, screen space needs to be used wisely when there is limited time left...

In yesterday's episode while the phone call was very sweet, I was disappointed with the 2 sec chat they had in the hospital corridor..I understand that they want to postpone a real face to face interaction between them to the next episode as they need to dwell on Zubia's reluctance...

Still after so much interaction in the party, I would have liked to see scenes of them thinking about their walk when getting ready for work...and some close ups of their eye contact when they meet at work surrounded by others..and also as someone else mentioned, show that conversation between Lubna and Asfi that Lubna was referring to...I would have settled for this as at least the continuity would have been maintained

@ Bold
This is the issue here. Not screen space. It's like we're watching them in 2 disconnected universes . I agree that Zubiya and Asfand would not chit chat in the hospital corridor (esp as the good doctor is very particular about "staff" being disciplined) ,but they could at least have shown them looking at each other. It's a credit to the writing and the acting in the show that we don't get put off, and even 2 min scenes , like the awkward phone call , Asfand thinking about her in the car and Zubiya smiling while making tea, maintain the chemistry between these two.
Now I'm just hoping that they're able to maintain the standard they have set so far. Give Zubiya's closure its due , close the Khajista/Bahadur angle properly and show us a proper romantic scene , with both of them being equally involved in it. I don't want the weird rush that we saw in Udaari or the almost comical situation in Diyar-e-dil. I'd love to see an engagement , but I'll happily take just one scene where they BOTH confess their feelings to each other.

@ bold. Agree.

Which is why I wish I had discovered this show after it ended it's run as my expectations would be managed. This way I have been obsessing over their track since ep 18/19 and after each week, expectations just keep building...

Especially considering the nuanced and slow paced approach to their track, it will be very disappointing indeed if it is not given the due it deserves...my expectations are low from other shows that never took the time to build up the relationship the way this did..in this one, they have been building up for so long that no matter what I tell myself I cannot keep my expectations low..:(

OK! I am going to stop sounding like the voice of doom and gloom. Even 3 episodes are enough if handled well...episodes 22 to 25 are testimony to this...so far the writer has not disappointed me so I will give them the benefit of doubt

Edited by bookworm123 - 6 years ago
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

@ Bold

I would disagree on the Udaari bit because given the focus of that show Arsh and Meeran were handled pretty well there and there relationship growth was very well depicted splly the comfort level given they were more of friends and honestly the show had no scope for them to have a proper romance it would have looked really odd in my opinion.They in their capacity did show many proposals friendzoning etc.The connectivity between Arsh-Meeran was set v well they had their issues with each other but were always in it together.
Edited by -RD- - 6 years ago
SS88 thumbnail
@ RD
Actually I was talking about the very last episode. I liked how they built up the relationship. I even supported Meeran's decision to not be with Arsh, since his mum was repeating the same things her ex's mum would say about her and her family. It's just that I didn't like how they handled it at the very end , when she sort of proposes to him , or confesses. I expected her confession scene to have more emotional depth.
On the other hand, the entire show was brilliant, and had there not been a Meeran/Arsh romance angle, it would have been just as fantastic to watch . I watched it primarily for the drama in the Sajida/Zebo/Imtiaz household, and how he was brought to justice .
PNA88 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You know what somebody should take a print out of these 'wishes & wants' from us audience and physically mail them to HUM TV office's in Pakistan. Make them listen to us and not brush us aside, this is horrendous man what HUM is doing with this series.
Also i think in YKS promo's it is mentioned to mail HUM TV network for yks at - [email protected]

Should we all write countless mails to them? What say #ASFIYA FAM?!
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

@ RD

Actually I was talking about the very last episode. I liked how they built up the relationship. I even supported Meeran's decision to not be with Arsh, since his mum was repeating the same things her ex's mum would say about her and her family. It's just that I didn't like how they handled it at the very end , when she sort of proposes to him , or confesses. I expected her confession scene to have more emotional depth.
On the other hand, the entire show was brilliant, and had there not been a Meeran/Arsh romance angle, it would have been just as fantastic to watch . I watched it primarily for the drama in the Sajida/Zebo/Imtiaz household, and how he was brought to justice .

Aah that way, sorry for having misunderstood yr pt :( but i guess her one line to him where she said that she probably gave her heart to him the very moment they sang tog for the first time and his reaction to that made the confession for me!
SS88 thumbnail
@RD
I know, my sister felt the same way you do, but my sky-high expectations won't be pacified in any way . LOL