Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

I think he is a director's actor and will perform as requested by the director. I did not much care for the penstand throwing but that is not his direction, it was the demand of the script...
He is a great example of someone who definitely is easy on the eye but that is not his main qualification. It is his performance that makes the difference...

I am happy that Asfi's past has been dealt with as I have been dying for Zubi's past to come back to focus...From the looks of the next episode it is well and truly in and Asfi is in for a shock..would love to see him dealing with her..

I think Zubia has deliberately been shown confused. She likes him so is unable to really rebuff his gentle advances, in her mind she does not plan a future unlike him... However, in the next episode Asfi and his family will show her how serious they are and this is when she will be forced to show her hand..and flat out tell him that she does not see marriage on the cards for herself..I really liked seeing her angry avatar...when she is seriosu about something she can really put her foot down

@bold totally agree with you, gosh what a performance today, πŸ‘ Ahad nailed all his scenes.. The oath reciting was brilliant too, the whole scene was just so powerful. Hats off to the director.πŸ‘ Precap clearly shows Zubi is upset with the proposal, she is surely going to say NO and there we go again, Loved the way he was smiling and laughing and then in the end he probably thought it is something serious.. Although Asfi is a fighter, he will surely make her say "Yes"πŸ˜† I 'd love to see how he will convince her, he will surely try to go to the bottom of her "NO" I can not wait for the next episode..
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Today's episode was just brilliant. I'm actually all choked up as I write this. All of them acted so well. Starting from the actress that plays Lubna , Hira, Mani, Ahad and Sajal, Farhan Ali Agha and the lady who plays Urooj.
I actually have no complaints with the episode. I liked that they showed Urooj's bhai and bhabhi, to show people that you shall reap what you sow. Usne pata nahi kitne logon ko barbaad kiya hoga, Daniyal would not have been the first. Allah ne usko waapis wahan laake khada kiya jahaan se nikli thi, and that too beizzat ho kar. She destroyed Daniyal's family, and Allah punished her by destroying her relationships , whether with her family, her son or the other men that she was involved with. Ultimately she was in hell, the same hell she had created for Asfand and Daniyal's parents.
I also felt that deleting the scene with Asfand in the hospital (tumhain 100 saal baad bhi pehchaan leta) was a good editing decision. The fact that he refuses to acknowledge her or even talk to her, even after he was instrumental in saving her son's life had much more impact than if he met her and told her yes I recognized you but still saved your son . I felt like Asfand fulfilled his duty as a doctor and as a human and then left the reckoning to Allah. And Allah always makes truth victorious.
The scenes with the family during and after the press conference were so heart-rending, but also really satisfactory. I'm so happy with how they have handled Daniyal's story. I got choked up when Farhan Ali Agha (Usman) says "Shaheed Barrister Daniyal Usman ". He was a great man, who was first mercilessly slandered , and then brutally killed. Usko aakhir Allah ne insaaf dila hi diya.
Okay, coming to the happy part. I feel that Zubiya held back after she realized that he is probably trying to approach her romantically. Abhi tak she was all smiles and coyness when she realized that he was interested in her. But when he gave her a gift, she was probably jolted back to the past. If we reflect, the last man who gave her a gift apart from her dad was Rameez. He gave her that phone, which ultimately cost her everything she held dear at the point. Her mind is now drawing parallels to the same situation. But that conversation . Ahad and Sajal were both so on point there. He was mischievous and she was agitated , confused and probably even scared.
From the promo it looks like she went to speak to him after she realized Lubna wants to speak to her Khaala about her rishta. And she has probably gone to his office to tell him that she won't marry. Dr Asfand, dil ko sambhaal lo, aage khub dhakke lagne waale hain. But he looks so amused when she's scolding him for not taking her seriously.

My absolute favourite scene is the one where he remembers his last conversation with his brother then his Hippocratic oath and starts preparing for the surgery , and how he never looked at Urooj as he walks in and then out of the OR.

I have full faith that the writers will handle Zubiya's story line just as smoothly and beautifully.

This team is fantastic. What a brilliant cast.
fanraya thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm123

This is the kind of subtle scene I like and in keeping with what this show stands for. I did not much care for pen stand throwing etc.

Agree but I guess it was probably to show his frustration, but yes, it was not necessary..
--HiNa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
its good to see asfi smiling only for zubia in next episodes
after crying alot in this episode <3
the best part of precap
--HiNa-- thumbnail
i am excited to hear what will be asfi answer
when he dad ask him if he likes zubia
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Such a fine epi loved the whole closure of Daniyals case specially the professional vs personal conflict in asfi's mind -Ahad was beyond brilliant there and right thru the epi and as for Urooj its so ironical that the very life her actions took was today the reason why a life close to her was able to live!

Wont go on more bec I will probably be repeating what most must have already said here!
Edited by -RD- - 6 years ago
fanraya thumbnail
I really wish they handle Zubia story very carefully, I really hope they do not rush,
I have full faith in writer and director, so far they have done a great job, and I believe they are not going to disappoint us..I have not seen a single show which is so perfect from start till the end, the way they have handled each and every character, the overall story progression, background setting,acting, background music, everything is just so perfect. By far the best show.. they totally deserve all the praise and all awards, I really hope they get many.. Great team work, Kudos to allπŸ‘
Edited by fanraya - 6 years ago
--HiNa-- thumbnail
i so wanted zubia to come in room when asfi was crying and comfort him
like he did when she was sad about the death of patient
fanraya thumbnail
I also loved the way Zubia said "Unko muzase behtar aur kaun janta hai" It was really lovely to see her friendship with Dr Haroon, I loved their conversation too. and also that little scene with Gaiti and Saim. Every scene in this drama is handled carefully, Wonder how they do that in every single episode.πŸ‘πŸΌ

and I agree with you all that they could cut the uoouj bhai bhabi scene, it was not required.
fanraya thumbnail

Originally posted by: --HiNa--

i so wanted zubia to come in room when asfi was crying and comfort him

like he did when she was sad about the death of patient

I😊 know we all want Asfia scene together but I am happy that they did not show that, it is totally our of character for Asfi, he will never do that, specially in front of Zubia, at least not now, they have not reached that level in their relationship. I was glad that he dealt with his grief alone. It was very apt..