Views

Users

Frequent Posters

octaverider thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Ha! 'Never judge a book by its movie.' Good one. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: bookworm123

In that case I am happy Asfi is letting her know how he feels right now and the show does not end with that. I want to see them as a couple, especially since they are coworkers too! After all they showed him romantic with Fariyal, they have to treat us to Asfiya a a couple!!!

As you yourself said in one of your earlier posts, given her character sketch she would want to clear the air about her past. There is no doubt that Asfi is broadminded but this is not about that. Farhat as a writer makes her heroines very dignified, straightforward and ready to forge their own path. I have every confidence that she will handle Zobia's past well with respect to Asfi and his family. Zobia's trajectory in the story has been on the up and up, they are not going to make her fall by making Asfi or his family disrespect her.

Agree with everything.

Like loveFK said, after watching the promo about a gazillion times, it's fun to guess what will come next. One of my thoughts was that a depressed Fariyal will harm herself in some way and Asfi will bring her to the hospital. Zobia who will be on night duty will be further upset with their arrival (there is a shot of her observing holding her stethoscope). She will probably shed tears (there is a shot of her sitting with tearful eyes and Asi sitting opposite her). Asfi will clear the air, they may have a personal moment when he drops her. This is probably also why his parents forgive Fariyal..

In the promo there is also a shot of Asfi givng her a lift in his car with some fields in the backdrop. All this indicates to me that while he will come forward with his feelings (his conversation with Fariyal and their mutual jealousy bringing things to a head), Zobia will take time to come around. He will probably try to convince her in the next episode (like you said once he makes up his mind, he cannot be stopped). Finally by the time of the party she would have accepted his love, his family has also probably accepted her. This is the only way a reserved girl like her would walk with him alone and discuss her feelings...They are also both happy in that walk as they have both accepted each other...

While the promo does not cover this, between the next two episodes and before them becoming a couple, she may talk about her past. For me, her past is not about her clearing the air, it is actually traumatic. She needs sympathy and admiration. She forgave her overbearing dad, cared for him when he was unwell, picked herself up in the face of misfortune and made something of herself. I want to see her studying further as well or making plans for it. Farhat emphasizes education for heroines, I really like that...

Those are some really and not-that-wild theories. Actually some of the best observations I've read so far.

One other point...I read a couple of reviews of this show. I posted the link to one of them earlier and that writer according to me got it just right. Another review I read criticized the director for not making the most of the rain scene and also for not showing their changing equation well. She cited Humsafar and DeD as an example. I don't agree with that. They are reserved colleagues and not a married couple falling in love. It will not be in line with their character sketch to display any coyness or romantic glances yet. The director has struck just the right note with their interactions...I am sure there is loads more romance in store for us once they share their feelings and become a couple. I am waiting for it!!!

Amen sister!

I can go on and on...as you can see I am quite taken (understatement in capitals) by this show and this couple. πŸ˜ƒ

Haha, it is an unhealthy obsession. YKS just grips you and strikes the heart strings. Just imagine if they had started at Episode 17 (Chance meeting at the interview) like we talked about earlier. You are right, the YKS madness right now is proof enough that ASFIYA works wonders. It works like Daniyal&Geeti Pairing/socio-political-issues-appeal-forTRP never could! The first half was such a bust for me.

I started watching for Farhat Ishtiaq and Farhat Ishtiaq only. I had no clue who ARM or even who Sajal was before. But now, I stay and obsess for them.
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Haha, it is an unhealthy obsession. YKS just grips you and strikes the heart strings. Just imagine if they had started at Episode 17 (Chance meeting at the interview) like we talked about earlier. You are right, the YKS madness right now is proof enough that ASFIYA works wonders. It works like Daniyal&Geeti Pairing/socio-political-issues-appeal-forTRP never could! The first half was such a bust for me.

I started watching for Farhat Ishtiaq and Farhat Ishtiaq only. I had no clue who ARM or even who Sajal was before. But now, I stay and obsess for them.

I wish I had discovered this show after it ended so I could be put out of my misery. I am going to be miserable till it ends. I am not exactly known for my patience. 😊

Asfiya is the hook and has been their end game all along but they wanted some buildup. Unlike you I have not read the novel so I am ok with the build up except for the parts featuring Daniyal's handling of the case.Very amateurish direction. For me the serial has the feel of a journey story given all they have been through till this point, so I don't mind. Mere Humdum Mere Dost with the same writer-director combination was somewhat like this, loads of build up. Farhan Agha who plays Asfi's dad played the FL's dad in that one. He is crush worthy himself if you ask me. 😳
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Sunday ends
Monday, Tuesday then Wednesday come fast
lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@bookworm123 ahahahaha i love the situation that you have come up with faryal being the petty baby she is hurting herself i really wish it's something along these lines that happens
-JollyJabeen-JB thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briyanikidaig

I love the way Aunty fan girl, live reading ur tweets regarding ded
I m keeping my hopes low,but yes may be we get something related to AsfiYa in ending😳 might be engagement,many ppl telling her

Haha cute!!! Same.. really hope we get something !
octaverider thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm123

I wish I had discovered this show after it ended so I could be put out of my misery. I am going to be miserable till it ends. I am not exactly known for my patience. 😊

This!

I guess you are right. But IMHO the first half could've been done in a series of flashbacks, keep the mystery alive.

I do think the dad's cute. It's his personality and character that makes him so graceful and likeable. I've seen him (glanced a peak) in AAAI and he is not so desirable there!
x.titli.x thumbnail
congrats on the new thread! πŸ€—
lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
2 more days just 2 more phewww Wednesday isn't that far away now girls
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovefk

2 more days just 2 more phewww Wednesday isn't that far away now girls

While I appreciate you trying to make yourself and the rest of us feel better this torture will continue.

I'm sure this Wednesday's episode will leave us desperate for the next installment. 😑

When I first started watching the show I thought I was safe. Little did I know there was extremely potent Asfiya coming up!!!
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I have just started watching this regularly.. after hearing alot of praises. I havent come that far yet, only till the 11th or 12th episode, where the brother dies..
BUT; its driving me insane, and i need to know. Will he (Asfandyar) cut his hair soon? Is it going to happen anytime soon?😳