Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
Last & this year, all celebrities have been passing away!! It's so insane!

Such sad news. RIP, Mr Alter.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Cancer takes away the young & not-so-old. 67 is a pretty young age to pass away.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

RIP!

This is really sad news, have watched him in so many films down the years!

Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
RIP Tom Alter...just a few months ago remember watching a the video of him taking Sachin's first ever interview...

Harsha BhogleVerified account @bhogleharsha
More

The world is a good man short this morning. Fine actor, pure sports lover and kind human being. You enriched our world #TomAlter

Harsha BhogleVerified account @bhogleharsha
More

A little tribute to #TomAlter I wrote some days ago.

Harsha Bhogle

I am thinking of you Tom and so many images are breaking through this thunderstorm and flashing before my eyes. You are talking about hockey, about athletics, about the Olympics and oh yes, about cricket; even bemoaning what T20 is doing to us. But in each of these images, the passion comes flaming through. And I see you waving cheerfully up at me at Edgbaston. I am up on the roof hosting the telecast and you, like a lover, are soaking in an Indian win on the ground below.. Is the little fellow in that image young Jamie then? Jamie, whose initiation into sport was simply inevitable? I see too the image of the kind, compassionate patient man doing all he can to help my cousin whom life dealt unfair cards. And I see that night in Dehradun where you had us engrossed with your mastery on stage, all in impeccable Urdu. And how easily you said you were driving back, through the night, to Delhi because you had another performance there. Fankaar ki to yahi asliyat hai. Ek pardah gira aur nikal pade kisi aur parde ke uthne ki khoj mein. Ek naya manch, ek naya kirdaar, wahi insaan. Ekdum se Urdu lafz zubaan par aaye kyonke aapko itni mohabbat hai Urdu se. Kya ajoobe hain is duniya mein ke ek pardesi Hindustan aaya (aapke vaalid sahab) aur ek behatreen fankaar tohfe mein de gaya. Yes, Tom, so many images. All of a remarkable, kind man.

Edited by raj80 - 6 years ago
clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

May he find peace. One of those unsung icons of cinema. Character actor who stayed with you.

It's surreal.