Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Posted: 6 years ago
He was differant in SEDBN. also in Bekhudi he didn't cry.
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
yes i rmember his role but it was not a big one.. he was there like 4-7 minute in the whole episode
😕
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I have a feeling that now this whole separation thing will back fire for Heer's dad .

This forced separation will make Heer and Jamal fall even more in love with each other .

I want these two to fight for their love and their marriage .
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tanyaz

One thing I would say that seems wrong is that the love story should have been given more time , that whole part looked hurried , I don't know why because they both look lovely together and their scenes together came across so well.

Anyway, today I thought that Heer fought a lot for Jamal , she was looking for him everywhere but I think he has gone in coma 😒

I think it was part of the story line that things happened too quick for both of them ...the whole romance and then the nikah , Heer was sure that her dad would approve of Jamal but everything went wrong . Jamal was not sure of Heer's feelings and Heer always felt that she was the one who was pushing him to have a relationship with her ...

Because of the hurried way of things happening , he felt that Heer changed her mind after Nikah and she too felt ( after reading his text message ) that he has left on his own accord . They both love each other but things have happened way too quick for them .

Exactly. For some reason, in most Urdu shows that I have watched, the love story is rushed. I understand being sensitive to the concerns of a family audience but one can always have scenes where lovers are talking about things, doing mundane things together, etc. Romantic scenes do not have to be about explicit sexual or romantic love. Often, if two actors look romantically compelling together and are reasonably talented, they can make the most mundane scenes romantic. And Iqra and Bilal fit that bill in my opinion. The first two episodes had such cute scenes. They should have kept things romantic till the 6 episde or so. I mean they could have shown Iqra cooking for Bilal while he lovingly looks on. I mean, simple, mundane stuff. I wish makers of romantic stories do this. It is vital for the audience to establish a connect with the lovers, and feel for them. Here it all hinges on the fact that the two actors look so good together, and did so well in their few romantic scenes in episodes 1-2. But still, I am deeply engaged by thehow and I so want Bilal to get his Heer.
Tanyaz thumbnail
mimixoxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
aww @ mr rana... what I don't get ... he looks way better than so many actors.. why doesn't ge get leas roles :(
ISano thumbnail
HE himself says I loved doing side roles when it's challenging
But like he did Piya Bedardi I damn enjoyed it through out
Hope we see him in More shows like this
Tanyaz thumbnail

In Review: Powerful performances make Qurban a delight to watch

8 episodes down Iqra Aziz and Bilal Abbas Khan continue to win our hearts with their brilliant onscreen chemistry.
SAIRA KHAN PUBLISHED ABOUT 9 HOURS AGO

If we had to name actors who impressed us immensely this year than there are three names which come to our mind immediately are of Iqra Aziz, Shahzad Sheikh and Bilal Abbas Khan. These three actors have proved they just get better and better with each role that they agree to play and are as versatile as they come.

Now naturally when we got to know that the trio had signed on for a play together called Qurban our excitement was at an all time high. So with the play beginning and us following it religiously, we like how interesting and highly intriguing the story is, even after eight episodes. In fact we get so engrossed in the story of Heer (Iqra Aziz) and Jamal ( Bilal Abbas Khan) that even the two hour episode seems too short to us!

Written by Zafar Mairaj Qurban is a well planned play that speaks about each character with power. Heer's character makes you feel for her in her joy and her pain and its partly because of Iqra and partly because of Zafar Mairaj's interesting story.

So what happened in the latest episode of Qurban this week ? Well let us tell you all about it in case you missed it.

Read : Qurban begins on a very impressive note

Heer and Jamal are in love but her father (played brilliantly by Rehan Sheikh) had gotten her engaged in his family in her childhood. The father belongs from a clan who stick to their words and so he has no choice but to make sure that Heer marries Shahmeer (Shahzad Sheikh) who is studying abroad and forgets Jamal for good.

Now what makes Qurban so interesting is that the twist in the plot is introduced very early on as with no choice left Heer and Jamal get married without telling their parents but problem arises when her cousin and future brother in law Qaiser (Omair Rana) who is very strict begins to keep a eye on her and sees her interacting with Jamal.

It is there that he takes Heer with him to his house so she gets to know everyone and understands the fact that she will be marrying Shahmeer whether she accepts it or not. But what Qaiser does not know is that night when he took her away Jamal was waiting to take her with him as the duo had decided to elope since Heer's parents refused to abide by her wish.

Read : Iqra Aziz ,Shahzad Sheikh and Bilal Abbas Khan pair up for Qurban on ARY Digital

Wanting Jamal out of the way, they ensure the innocent guy is arrested and beaten black and blue upon the instructions of Heer's father. The scenes broke our heart but made us a loyal fan of Bilal Abbas Khan as the scene in the jail proved that he indeed had all the potential to be a versatile actor.

With no phone, Heer cannot contact Jamal and with her grandmother in a rush to perform the nikah with Shahmeerm Heer panics as she is already married to Jamal. But since nobody knows about it, Heer for the first time becomes vocal and refuses.

With Qaiser also getting tensed as he never expected his grand mother to rush things, he drops Heer back home to an angry chacha, but also tells him to keep Jamal away from Heer. But unfortunately Jamal meets with an accident and now he's lying unconcious in the hospital while Heer looks for him everywhere.

With Shahzad Sheikh having made his entrance this week, we got the hint that he too, like Heer, is not happy with this proposal. But will he be the one to refuse or will he marry Heer under pressure. We'll have to wait and watch for that.

Direction by Ahmed Bhatti is flawless and all actors on board from Iqra Aziz to Ayesha Toor are doing such a fabulous job that as soon as Monday arrives we can't wait for the evening to begin so we can see the brilliant onscreen chemistry between Iqra and Bilal.

So if you are looking for a drama with a gripping tale and strong performances then Qurbanis a must watch for you every Monday at 8 pm only on ARY Digital.

https://www.hipinpakistan.com/news/1154085/in-review-powerful-performances-make-qurban-a-delight-to-watch

Edited by Tanyaz - 6 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Sano_

HE himself says I loved doing side roles when it's challenging
But like he did Piya Bedardi I damn enjoyed it through out
Hope we see him in More shows like this

He is doing a good job in this show .
ISano thumbnail