Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Tanyaz

But this can never ever be , Nikah over Nikah is not allowed at all. If the girl is married then she will be considered married to her husband unless he divorces or dies . Even her parents cannot convince her to forget about her first marriage

Heer's second marriage will be invalid and unacceptable unless her first husband divorces her .

I don't know about mazhab in Pakistan. but in my mazhab..her first nikah doesn't exist, coz a girl can't get her self married, she needs her wali ..in this case her father to get her married. so without him there's no nikah. it is there in hadeath. because Rasulallah (saw) says:

"There is no marriage without a guardian (Wali), and the Sultan is the guardian of he who has no guardian ". reported by Ahmad from Ibn Abbas and Aisha may Allah be content with them.
Edited by awida - 6 years ago
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^Awida, yes.
I think they are going to do court marriage. In that case, the state/country of Pakistan has to legally acknowledge that they are married. No matter the religion.

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

^Awida, yes.

I think they are going to do court marriage. In that case, the state/country of Pakistan has to legally acknowledge that they are married. No matter the religion.

If this is the rule in Pakistan.. I wonder how will she get married to the other guy. maybe someone will fake her divorce papers. 😕
Thats what they are showing in the drama...she will be in nikkah with Bilal but living under the same roof with Shehzad but he is a non mehram to her!
I wonder how she will manage it...maybe she doesnt let him touch her which makes him bitter towards her like they showed in the promo
I told you this writer shows very bold stuff topics
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Thats what they are showing in the drama...she will be in nikkah with Bilal but living under the same roof with Shehzad but he is a non mehram to her!

I wonder how she will manage it...maybe she doesnt let him touch her which makes him bitter towards her like they showed in the promo
I told you this writer shows very bold stuff topics

that sounds bad .I feel bad even for the other guy , how is he to know that the girl is married ?
Terrible people all the grown ups here , very selfish indeed .
Tanyaz thumbnail
The show was just fantastic today , it was like a thriller. , I was nervous for the lovers .
Don't want to say more or else spoilers will be out . Acting was brilliant by Iqra and Bilal also Qaiser and Heer's dad
Edited by Tanyaz - 6 years ago
.nilu. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
So heer had nikkah with Jamal in the presence of Mawlvi and Gawah. Jamal did little valima too. But they didn't consummate their marriage.
Isn there sharia on consummation of marriage?
fanAR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I can't wait to see how shehzad will enter the show. today's episode was amazing
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It has been so long since I came across a love story this charged with emotion and with such compelling writing and casting. Iqra and Bilal are so natural together, and I could completely believe her falling so passionately in love with Bilal in the span of a few meetings. Everything felt logical and compelling. Often, I find love-against-all-odds stories have no compelling buildup to the leads' romantic involvement. Usually, it is a mere song or the sight of each other's faces that does the trick. I always found that unconvincing especially when the love being presented was this other-worldly, spiritual union of souls. How can a union of souls be set off by mere physicality? In Qurban, however, it is Heer's bonding with her father that sets the stage for her to be so drawn to Jamal. She recognizes a reflection of her beloved dad's past struggles in Jamal. And for Jamal, even the idea of love was never on the anvil. While he is more accepting of Heer's initial rudeness and dismissive attitude towards him (as it akin to the treatment he faces daily in this cruel city), he is, understandably, taken aback by the sudden change in her attitude. And before either know it, the friendship has moved to something more romantic. I can also believe that the sudden entry of a vain, adamant person like Kaisar Khan would push Jamal and Heer into confessing their love for each other sooner and make plans for their future. I love this logical, meticulous layout of the lead characters' love story. Iqra and Bilal are amazing to me. I used to feel short-changed when Bilal was cast opposite the beautiful but wooden Armeena. He had a better shot at creating a mythical romantic pair with Sajal Ali in Rangreze but somehow, his character in that show is too muted, and Shashi's too amplified. The writing just doesn't translate so well for me as a viewer on that show. Moreover, they do not appear to be in the mold of the torn lovers that is a hallmark of such old school love stories. But with Iqra and Qurban, I think the very capable Bilal may have finally found his ideal leading lady.
My only fear is that either they will make Jamal disappear in the bulk of the episodes and focus on Heer, and in so doing, give important and preference to Shahmir as Heer's true love. If the makers follower this route, all my love for the initial episodes would disappear, promptly. With Bholi Bano, the makers had done that and just killed the most compelling character on the show without a union with his beloved. However, to be fair to the makers of that show, Bano was never shown to like or even be friendly towards Tajdar.

In Qurban, on the other hand, right from the first episode, Heer and Jamal are shown to be passionately in love with each other. Moreover, Jamal is shown to be a wise, loving and understanding partner. He loves Heer, but understands the loss she will have to endure in being with him, which is why he probes her relentlessly. He wants her to understand the long-term ramifications of her decision to marry him without her parents' consent. As he said in today's episode, he has nothing to lose. He only gains from a union with Heer. She has brought an unimaginable happiness, and ecstasy into his dull, sad life. But Heer's life was very happy prior to Jamal's entry in it, and Jamal recognizes that. Now she faces the decision to have to hurt the ones she has loved all her life in order to be with him. I loved the inherent goodness the writer's have bequeathed Jamal with. Considering his sad state prior to Heer's entry, I could have forgiven Jamal had he chosen to rush Heer to elope with him. But he desists from doing so, instead choosing to wrap up his life and dreams in the city and return to his village, disillusioned, broken and away from his beloved Heer.

Such a well-rounded, ethical character has to be given a happy ending, especially when the genre is an old school love story. Else, what is the point of creating this epic journey for such an interesting, grounded character if he has to be left with nothing at the end? Afterall, that is a key reason why such stories are so loved: in fiction, unlike life, good people have a far greater shot at having happy endings. So, for now, I will assume Jamal and Heer will have a happy ending even though I might not get to see them together for the rest of the episodes. Great, great show so far :-)
Edited by JNam - 6 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

It has been so long since I came across a love story this charged with emotion and with such compelling writing and casting. Iqra and Bilal are so natural together, and I could completely believe her falling so passionately in love with Bilal in the span of a few meetings. Everything felt logical and compelling. Often, I find love-against-all-odds stories have no compelling buildup to the leads' romantic involvement. Usually, it is a mere song or the sight of each other's faces that does the trick. I always found that unconvincing especially when the love being presented was this other-worldly, spiritual union of souls. How can a union of souls be set off by mere physicality? In Qurban, however, it is Heer's bonding with her father that sets the stage for her to be so drawn to Jamal. She recognizes a reflection of her beloved dad's past struggles in Jamal. And for Jamal, even the idea of love was never on the anvil. While he is more accepting of Heer's initial rudeness and dismissive attitude towards him (as it akin to the treatment he faces daily in this cruel city), he is, understandably, taken aback by the sudden change in her attitude. And before either know it, the friendship has moved to something more romantic. I can also believe that the sudden entry of a vain, adamant person like Kaisar Khan would push Jamal and Heer into confessing their love for each other sooner and make plans for their future. I love this logical, meticulous layout of the lead characters' love story. Iqra and Bilal are amazing to me. I used to feel short-changed when Bilal was cast opposite the beautiful but wooden Armeena. He had a better shot at creating a mythical romantic pair with Sajal Ali in Rangreze but somehow, his character in that show is too muted, and Shashi's too amplified. The writing just doesn't translate so well for me as a viewer on that show. Moreover, they do not appear to be in the mold of the torn lovers that is a hallmark of such old school love stories.

But with Iqra and Qurban, I think the very capable Bilal may have finally found his ideal leading lady. 👏 (They do make a lovely couple .)

My only fear is that either they will make Jamal disappear in the bulk of the episodes and focus on Heer, and in so doing, give important and preference to Shahmir as Heer's true love. If the makers follower this route, all my love for the initial episodes would disappear, promptly. With Bholi Bano, the makers had done that and just killed the most compelling character on the show without a union with his beloved. However, to be fair to the makers of that show, Bano was never shown to like or even be friendly towards Tajdar.

In Qurban, on the other hand, right from the first episode, Heer and Jamal are shown to be passionately in love with each other. Moreover, Jamal is shown to be a wise, loving and understanding partner. He loves Heer, but understands the loss she will have to endure in being with him, which is why he probes her relentlessly. He wants her to understand the long-term ramifications of her decision to marry him without her parents' consent. As he said in today's episode, he has nothing to lose. He only gains from a union with Heer. She has brought an unimaginable happiness, and ecstasy into his dull, sad life. But Heer's life was very happy prior to Jamal's entry in it, and Jamal recognizes that. Now she faces the decision to have to hurt the ones she has loved all her life in order to be with him. I loved the inherent goodness the writer's have bequeathed Jamal with. Considering his sad state prior to Heer's entry, I could have forgiven Jamal had he chosen to rush Heer to elope with him. But he desists from doing so, instead choosing to wrap up his life and dreams in the city and return to his village, disillusioned, broken and away from his beloved Heer.

Such a well-rounded, ethical character has to be given a happy ending, especially when the genre is an old school love story. Else, what is the point of creating this epic journey for such an interesting, grounded character if he has to be left with nothing at the end? Afterall, that is a key reason why such stories are so loved: in fiction, unlike life, good people have a far greater shot at having happy endings. So, for now, I will assume Jamal and Heer will have a happy ending even though I might not get to see them together for the rest of the episodes. Great, great show so far :-)

Beautiful review , agree with everything you have said , can you or anyone else here elaborate on something . How come Heer just quietly went with Qaiser Khan and was all social with his family , how come she is not creating a fuss and not worried about what Jamal must be thinking . I am sure there is a reason but it did not seem very clear to me ..

Edited by Tanyaz - 6 years ago