Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: RRitumaa

Such fluid writing skills, truly impressive. Could you please link me to some of your earlier works.

Thanks

Thanks for reading and leaving a Note behind. 😊

have written a few One Shot on the movie Baahubali. Can share if that's fine with you 😊

Will update shortly. Do continue reading.
Maahzabeen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Woaaahhh! Iam just gripped to the story. Such an intriguing one... Waiting to read more.
Plz pm me next time you update.. Thank you
poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ambarish-

Woaaahhh! Iam just gripped to the story. Such an intriguing one... Waiting to read more.

Plz pm me next time you update.. Thank you

Sure I will Ambarish. Thanks for dropping by and reading. Made me happy surely 😳
sandhiya_1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Amazing updates Rachnaji !! Always love reading your stories 😃

poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandhiya_1195

Amazing updates Rachnaji !! Always love reading your stories 😃

Thanks Sandhiya 😊

I will update by tonight 😊
poetic thumbnail

Part 4

The next few days passed peacefully enough, without any hitches, any revelations, much to Vedant's chagrin. He wanted his parents to tell him the truth, to trust him enough, he was after all the eldest child in the family and was ready to be a part of their decisions and discussions.

He waited. He persevered.

He wasn't someone who rushed headlong into things that he did not know fully. Or understand correctly.

Saroja had vanished alright, like a magic spell.

Vedant tried locating her downstairs, sometimes even at midnight. He had gone down to the kitchen for the next three nights consecutively, only to be met by a stoic Gopi Mama, ready with his water bottles, infuriating Vedant further.

Gopi Mama had of course refused to say anything more. When further questioned, he had suggested that Vedant approach his parents about Saroja.

"Mama, Mama ... please wake up' little Aaradhya managed to snuggle into Vedant's arms, trying to wake him up.

"It's already 9.00 a.m. Now be a good boy and wake up" she continued, as she pulled at his moustache, placing sloppy kisses on her Mama's face now. Vedanta pulled her closer and cuddled her some more, taking in the soft smell of her baby talc. The child squirmed in his arms and bit his nose lightly.

"Ouch" Vedant opened his eyes to find the child's eyes dancing in front of him, in merriment. Pulling on a serious face, he started tickling her. Their combined laughter spilled over into the passage as Sunitha entered with a glass of milk in her hand.

"You naughty girl, you are hiding here Aaru?" she complained. "And I am roaming all around with your glass of milk"

Aaru responded from beneath the blanket

"I will drink only if Mama drinks some milk as well. Go and get a glass for him ... please"

Vedant pulled her ear in response and got up, smiling at her Sister, who was now grinning back in response.

As Sunitha approached the bed to pick up her daughter, little Aaru whispered in her Uncle's ear

"Loved the dresses. And the dolls are beautiful. The sketching sets ... Saroja loved them as well"

"You showed her?" Vedant asked in reflex

"Shhh ...' Aaru whispered, her little finger resting on her lips, as her Mother picked her up.

"Freshen up Ved. We have guests for Lunch today. Sujith will also join."

Vedant groaned as he padded over to the washroom. Guests, guests and guests ... that's what had been happening all these days, since he had returned home. He understood that people would want to meet, but he was now a bit tired and longed for the Project to start.

He still had a week in between, till he could join work.

Saroja was still at the back of his mind, like a dull ache and the little information that he could glean from Aaru indicated that she was a live person after all, not an apparition. He gingerly rubbed his shoulder, remembering the collision, as a small smile spread across his face.

Now this was a mystery he was hell bent on solving.

As he shaved, he wondered who the guests were.

"Ved, come and sit over here Son" his Father said as he introduced him to his friend and his family, who were visiting them from Bangalore. Vedant already knew what this was all about.

His Mother had told him in no uncertain terms that his Father expected a marriage alliance with this family from Bangalore. The girl, Sri Vidya was a Doctor, the family was well settled and belonged to the same clan and class.

Vedant was absolutely bored with the idea. Though he had no reservations against marriage, yet he knew that he not thought enough about the same to come to any conclusion.

About what he himself would bring into the relationship.

About what he would expect his life partner to bring in as well

And without all these clarifications, he was in no mood to string a girl along. His mind worked analytically, and he was not someone to give into emotions easily.

Sujith, his brother-in-law suggested that he meet the girl at least and then decide. Vedant already knew what the outcome would be. He would definitely meet the girl, definitely be civil enough to the guests, but not make any promise to anyone.

He was appalled to see his relatives present, it was a weekend actually.

Sri Vidya was pleasant to interact with, Vedant thought as he showed him around. She was knowledgable, intelligent and compassionate. Everything that a Dr should be.

All the things ticked off well, as she enquired about Vedant's work, the projects and all. Both families were happy to see the two interacting, their joys knowing no bounds when they spied the two exchanging their mobile numbers.

"So Bro, all set?" Sujith quipped as they settled down in the terrace, once the guests left.

Vedant looked at him funnily enough

"Set? What is there to be set? We had guests. I was asked to entertain, and I just did that"

Sujith edged closer to him

"Seriously?' He asked. "We thought you guys liked each other enough to share numbers

Vedant burst out laughing

"That was my official visiting card. Sri Vidya's cousin is in the same field, she wanted me to meet him."

"And Sri Vidya? What about her?" Sujith pushed further.

Vedant looked at him quizzically, wondering why everyone was hell bent on getting him hitched to Sri Vidya. There were no issues with the girl, but he was not ready.

He walked around the terrace

"What about her? I told her that this would probably not lead to anything. And she said, she understood. That's it."

Sujith sighed in desperation. Sunitha called him downstairs and he lopped off, leaving Vedant all alone in the terrace.

It was already dark, and Vedant could see lamps from the surrounding houses light up the area. He moved towards the back of the house.

Everything looked tranquil, almost peaceful.

He was about to turn around, when he spied two figures in the lane, outside the back door of the house.

A man and a woman.

The man was tugging onto the woman's dupatta and she was struggling to pull it away.

And then in a split second, the woman slapped the guy and ran inside the house, closing the door behind her.

Vedant stood there transfixed. He didn't require halogens to realise that it was Saroja who ran inside the house.

He rushed down the stairs, across the courtyard in the back, and opened the door. There was nobody outside, the lane was completely deserted.

Gopi Mama came upto him

"Vedant Baba, why are you here?" He was extremely solemn in his approach.

"I think I saw somebody harassing Saroja outside" he blurted out.

Gopi Mama peered outside as well

"Where were you?"

"On the terrace" Vedant answered.

Gopi Mama closed the door and turned towards him

"I think the evening lights played some tricks. There is nobody outside. Now please go back inside, to your family. It will soon be time for dinner."

Vedant turned away, not convinced.

"Gopi Mama, I know you are hiding things from me. Mami and you are protecting her, which is a good thing. But I need to know, I need to meet her

Gopi Mama smiled at him as he made way to the kitchen. He knew Vedant. He knew he would not rest until he reached Saroja.

End of Part 4

Edited by poetic - 7 years ago
poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: RRitumaa

I would love to read the one shots, kindly do share them as per your convenience.

Waiting for the update on this story.😊

Sure, I wills hare the 2-3 links that I have. In a while.

Meanwhile, I have updated the next part. Hope you like it.
Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I just don't have words to describe the beauty of this.
Saroja...a mystery.

And your words are a bliss to read.

Thank you so much for this story. A lot.
poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: Penfolk

I just don't have words to describe the beauty of this.

Saroja...a mystery.

And your words are a bliss to read.

Thank you so much for this story. A lot.

Thanks a lot Kaushi 😳

Now am off to reading your beautiful work. Am lucky because I will get to read so many parts together, without a break 😃
hasi.83 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow rach... This is too good..

I love the firm character of vedant... Want to see more of saroja's character as well..

You have awesome writing flow... Keep updating..

Eagerly waiting here for next one..

👏 👏 👏