Friendship tales- A short story(part 2 page 2)

R_Ritz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
This is my first ever try in writing on the CID forum. I have written things for other forums but first time for my favourite officers Daya and Abhijit and their friendship.
This is basically a short story type which I will update in a few parts. Do tell me how it is and whether I should continue it.. Here goes the first part.

INDEX:

PART 1: YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN

"No let me go, leave my hand," pleaded a friend.
"How can I? ...How can I let you go?" said the other.
"Time has come to bid a farewell, Daya", saying so, Abhijeet sets himself free from Daya's clutches and falls off the cliff.
"Abbbhhhiiijjjiiittt," Daya's voice echoes all around the cliff.
Purvi, Pankaj and Freddie join in, upon hearing Daya's voice.
"What happened Daya Sir? Where is Abhijit Sir?", Purvi's face was fear stricken. She wonders if everything is alright. They rush towards Daya and hear a thud sound.
Daya lands heavily on the ground, constantly staring at his hand, "How can you?...how can you Daya release Abhijit's hand?" he constantly blames himself.
Purvi and Pankaj try to shake him up but to no avail.
Freddie calls ACP Sir to share the same news, "ACP Sir, Abhijit Sir is no more."

ACP reaches the spot with his momentous squad while Daya weeps over his own guilt, which he considers to have been committed by him.
ACP walks over to Daya, "What are you doing Daya? This is not the time to behave like this. You need to be strong in order to search for Abhijit."
Daya revives his senses only to see ACP Sir in front of him, "Sir, do you think a person falling from a few hundred feet and above will survive any how?"
"Since when have you become like this Daya? Since when? You used to be my toughest cop, you used to never give up unless you were satisfied. But today? How can you say that Abhijit is not alive since we didn't get his body yet?"
Daya stomps his feet and stands up with a jerk, "Sir, see you are also believing the same deep inside you that Abhijit is dead, you called Abhijit a BODY!"
"No Daya, I didn't mean that. I meant to say he may be alive or something, we need to find him." Pradyuman tries to explain.

A policeman calls Pradyuman Sir's name, "ACP Sir, have a look. We found this jacket hanging on the tree near the cliff.."
Before ACP can get hold of the jacket, Daya snatches the jacket from the policeman's hands, "This is Abhijit's jacket."
He starts to sob hugging the jacket while other officers try to pacify him.
ACP Sir, needless to say, is annoyed by Daya's behaviour but he knew there's something deep inside which is troubling Daya.
"Daya, I think you need to take a leave for a few days. Till then, we will try to know Abhijit's whereabouts."
Daya obeys and walks away with Abhijit's jacket unmindfully.

"Sir, you allowed Daya Sir to take leave without his involvement in such a serious case?" Purvi enquired.
"Sometimes, you need to give some space to the toughest human being too," ACP replies in a soft tone.
"Sir, do you really think Abhijit Sir is alive? I mean Daya Sir also doesn't believe this.." Pankaj shrugged himself.
"Pankaj, do you also want to take leave like Daya?" ACP retorted with a banter.
All the officers willingly oblige and begin doing their work.

Later that night, Daya storms into his house. He switches on the light and finds the entire house decorated including his bedroom too. He notices a beautiful piece of cake on the table of his dining. He goes near where it's written, "Happy Birthday Daya."

Daya goes into a flashback.

Abhijeet is shown sending a phone call to Daya and calling him for a morning walk earlier that day. Daya leaves quickly to meet his best friend. They meet near a cafe where they hug each other and Abhijit wishes him for his precious day, his birthday.
"So Abhijit, you remember my birthday?" Daya chuckles to himself.
"We aren't newly met friends Daya, I have known you since twenty years or so. Remembering your birthday is not a coincidence, it has become a habit, being beside you as your best friend has become a habit, you have become my habit friend, " Abhijit replied with an elegant smile.
Both the friends take sip of their coffee while they delve deep into their past, how they met, their friendship, their duties, their time spent together and everything.
Time flew by and finally Abhijit takes a glance at his watch, "So Daya, today we will have to face a new set of criminals but I hope we'll reach home by the evening. Okay now tell me, what do you require as a gift on your birthday?"
"Abhijit, your friendship is my gift. I don't need anything", Daya clears his throat.
"But dost ko gift dena toh banta hai. Okay never mind, I will get something for you," saying so, both of them leave for their work.

Daya comes out of the flashback.
He places himself on the couch. He holds Abhijit's jacket in his hand. He looks at the beautiful decorations before him.
"So this is the reason why you needed keys to my house in the afternoon while I was at the bureau? You put in so much efforts to give me a surprise tonight but only for you to leave me forever and go away? Why Abhijit why?"
His eyes fall on a neatly wrapped package on the table.
Daya picks it up and unpacks it, he finds a watch in it and a little note.

"This isn't an ordinary watch Daya, it is meant for your BAE. Yes.. As I was wandering around to find a gift for you late in the afternoon, I noticed a few couples buying this, I thought to give it a try. Is it meant only for couples? No. Even for best of friends too. This watch works on signals. If you press the right hand button, it will send signal to the other watch. And if the other one presses it, it will reach your watch. Isn't it interesting? When one is in trouble, the other one will come to help hearing the signal. Here I wear my watch and in the evening, you will wear yours. We will hear signals of each other until the one doesn't forget the other. Death may only part us. With love, Abhijit..."

A fresh trail of tears trickle down Daya's eyes as he observes the watch shimmering before him, "So Abhijit, in the afternoon when you returned to the bureau, you were wearing this beautiful watch. I asked you whether you bought a new watch, you avoided my question. Now I get it."

Daya unlids the watch and fixes it properly on his wrist. He lays down on the couch as he observes the blood smeared jacket of his dear friend. He kisses his precious gift and hugs the jacket once again as Abhijit's words from the little note lingers in his ears, "We will hear signals of each other until the one doesn't forget the other. Death may only part us. With love, Abhijit."

Daya presses the right button of his watch but there was no signal on the receiving end. Daya narrowed his lips only to say, "No you are not forgotten Abhijit..." and slowly his eyes curl as he dozes off to sleep.

To be continued...
Edited by Rinka_Ritz - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeowRK thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow⭐️⭐️
Interesting Start Baccha👏
Eagerly Waiting For The Next Part😳😳

Rine thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good start. 👏 waiting for next part
swathi17 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow, it's really interesting!!
You made me really emotional...
Waiting for the next part... Go ahead 👍🏼
R_Ritz thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeowRK

Wow⭐️⭐️

Interesting Start Baccha👏
Eagerly Waiting For The Next Part😳😳

I will update the next part soon dear
R_Ritz thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rine

Good start.👏waiting for next part

thanks dear
R_Ritz thumbnail

Originally posted by: swathi17

Wow, it's really interesting!!

You made me really emotional...
Waiting for the next part... Go ahead👍🏼

I had planned to make the first part emotional...but the next parts will be interesting... I will update soon
R_Ritz thumbnail
Recap- Abhijit falls off the cliff loosening Daya's grip while the latter faces a trauma of losing his dear friend. It is Daya's birthday and he is unable to overcome his grief. He receives a signalled watch as his birthday gift from Abhijit while Pradyumann Sir has given him a few days' leave.
_________________________________________________________________________________

PART 2: Is that you?

A few days pass by while Daya keeps himself locked up in his room, he doesn't visit anyone during the course of time.

ACP Sir is at the bureau and he is pondering over something, when Purvi walks up to him.
"Sir, the police didn't get any traces of Abhijit Sir or his body deep down the cliff. We don't have any clues either."
"I see, what about the case that Daya and Abhijit went to solve together that day?" ACP Sir questions her.
"Daya Sir isn't conversing anything about the matter and we are clueless. It is only he who can help us but..." Purvi replies sadly.
"I have to do something, I gave enough time to Daya but now I'll come to certain conclusions."
Pradyuman Sir walks away.

Daya prepares himself a cup of coffee and sits on the table. Moments flash before him, his numerous coffee dates with Abhijit, their fun together.
"I was a strong man, how could I fall so weak just with the passing away of him?"
Daya begins to ponder over his anxieties when he hears a beep.
He perceives his elegant watch given by Abhijit has lit up causing that "beep" sound. Daya jumps out of his chair and presses his watch button too, but with no effect in the next moment. Confusingly, he connects his watch with his GPS system, "I heard the beep sound, is Abhijit alive? Otherwise who else will be able to send me signals if not Abhijit? This watch is linked to his."
Daya's GPS traces some bazaar near the highway.
"I will have to go there right now."
Quickly, he wears his outfit and leaves his house.

Daya reaches the bazaar near the highway following his GPS, he finds nothing there.
"I'll have to somehow find the watch, wait this watch bearer leads into the forest now."
Daya changes his direction at once, he parks his car somewhere near the outskirts of the forest, and starts walking into the forest.
"Abhijit are you here?" he keeps shouting at the top of his voice.
Daya finds himself in the middle of the forest, and notices a few tribal children playing some games. He reaches near and finds a handicapped boy child sitting far and watching the other children playing. The boy stares at Daya when he notices him. Daya's gaze falls on the boy's wrist and finds him wearing the similar wrist watch , "Beta, who gave you this wrist watch?" Daya asks him.
The child feels scared and runs away, "But listen to me."
Daya follows behind.
The child reaches their village and embraces a strong man from behind, "Peshwa save save, me."
The man turns towards Daya and Daya is shocked to see Peshwa.
"Abhijit..." Daya speaks in a confusing tone.
"Who's Abhijit? I am Peshwa, the leader of this village. Who are you and what do you want?" the man speaks in a gruff voice.
"No Abhijit, you are mistaken. You aren't any Peshwa, you are my best friend and an able CID officer, senior inspector Abhijit."
Daya shows him Abhijit's pictures.
"This man resembles my face just, it doesn't mean I am this man. Is that clear? You have arrived in our village and we welcome guests. So stay here if you want, have food with us and then leave." Peshwa walks away.
"But..." Daya feels confused and tensed.
Other people from the village surround Daya, "You are a man from the city we guess. Why are you here?"
Daya chalks out a plan, "Sorry I mean I lost my way into the forest and I can't remember anything, not even my name."
Daya acts dizzy and holds his forehead.
"Then stay here, and work with our people until you remember old things. Leader Peshwa will explain you your work," the head of the village Nuru instructs Daya and leaves from there.

"Strange! People are so strange here. Let me think. If this Peshwa is really Abhijit, he will not tell anyone about me that I was questioning him regarding Abhijit otherwise they'll know that I am acting. Secondly, that watch is found here, so in any case, this Peshwa has to be Abhijit. I need to prove it soon," Daya thinks to himself.

Later that day, the tribals give Daya their own kind of clothing and he changes his outfit.
"I will have to sneak into Peshwa's hut to find more about him."
Saying so, Daya walks towards Peshwa's hut when he notices a tribal woman entering Peshwa's hut with a food plate. Daya quickly hides and listens to their conversation and sees them through the little hole among the husk.

The woman walks over to Peshwa and sits beside him on his bed ('charpai' in hindi) and keeps his food plate beside him.
"So Peshwa have this", she goes to feed Peshwa when the handicapped boy takes the bite, "Maa I will eat eat.."
Peshwa smiles at the woman, "Mayam, let the child eat. I'll eat from here."
Peshwa takes the dish and eats on his own.
After he finishes his food, Mayam shifts closer to Peshwa, Daya feels nostalgic.
"Is this Abhijit? How can he? I mean who is this Mayam and the child? He is Peshwa only..."

Suddenly Daya hears a voice.
"No Mayam, I have told you many times to stay away, I can't marry you, I am sorry. I am here just to..." Peshwa tells Mayam.
Somebody pats Daya from behind and Peshwa stops speaking, "I guess somebody is evesdropping outside." Peshwa, too comes out of his hut.

Nuru pats Daya from behind, "Man, what are you doing here near Peshwa's hut?"
Daya tries to cover up, "I...I was feeling hungry so was looking for food... I mean I don't know any place here so ended up here.."
"It is okay. You should go there in that hut where we generally cook our foods," Peshwa tells Daya.
Daya walks away quickly.

Later at night, the villagers sit around the fire and warm themselves up. Daya, too, accompanies them. All the while, Daya keeps his gaze upon Peshwa.
"Now I am sure he is Abhijit. But I need to talk to him somehow. But how?" Daya thinks of some plan and then, "It is the right time to execute it," he smiles to himself.

To be continued...

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

swathi17 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I loved the turn the storyline took from the previous one... Again it's really interesting to about Peshwa... Keep going... Waiting for the next part...
Rine thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Twist in the story is good👏 waiting for next update