Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Supposedly anything in world can't relax me more than holding the pen. And nothing, not even exams can stop me from doing that. ;)

A small update...

++++

Chapter Three

It had been five days now.
Anushka's superficial injuries were slowly healing. Joy had brought her a stick. And she would support on that and walk at least upto the drawing room.
She had come to know that the drawing room had a small extension, and that housed an enormous collection of books. Joy had given her full liberty to catch hold of any book. She had caught hold of 'Othello' , and started reading the saga of jealousy and distrust all over again.

She had come to know that Joy was an English teacher at the primary sections of Holy Child Missionary School, the only secondary school of almost a fifty mountain villages here.
Every morning at 9, Joy would prepare breakfast, they would eat together, and Joy would leave, locking the door from outside.

" When you will be fit enough, I'll leave the door open to let you roam around. But...not now you see!"

Anushka had agreed. She didn't have the energy to walk around even, nor face questions of the aunty who visited every now and then. And whenever she did, Anushka either had to pretend sleeping, or get over to the washroom.There wasn't a day in the past few days that she hadn't visited. Anushka didn't know if the aunty believed she was always sleeping, but what could she do anyways!

Anushka had asked Joy, " I am so extremely sorry that you are having to face difficulty for sheltering an opposite sex... as soon as I can walk, I will leave..."

Joy had smiled. And then said, " Our lives aren't always ours. But our hearts are. Our village doesn't house conservations in minds, but some people care an extra lot about me, which you in your distant dreams too should not be guilty of.
And...obviously, once you get well, you are leaving. "

Anushka had choked for a moment. Leaving? To where? But she had only smiled back.

Joy at times felt guilty of leaving her alone every morning. But she would brush off his guilt saying how lovely his house was, and how she never felt lonely in it. She had been lonelier among crowds. She hadn't said the last thing though.

Surprisingly enough, Joy never asked her if she remembered anything about her past. That was strange because that was a huge matter of concern, if she was to get well, where should she go?
But Joy seemed least bothered about the future. And she breathed sighs of relief when days passed without that question.

Because,
She remembered everything. Exactly everything of her life.

This trip to Dehradun with a car hired, was an escape. Not only from the choking surroundings she belonged to or was going to belong, but almost an escape from the world.
No, she hadn't deliberately let go off her steering, but obviously very desperately chosen to drive the steep roads alone, and when the brake fell, she was happy. Extremely happy.
She knew she was embracing death only at the age of 24, and yet knew she was the happiest in death.

But see, destiny led her into something she hadn't even dreamt of. While she was loosing consciousness, she recapitulated her life, that never housed any human who could touch her heart. Maybe that's what you do when you meet death. And then she remembered nothing. When she slowly woke up, she very much believed that Jesus himself hovered over her face, sprinkling water. But then she knew, she might not have been successful in escaping life, but of course did escape a chapter, even if for the time being.

Though, today morning, making her fears come true, Joy had said, " I think I should file a complaint at least that if someone comes searching for Anushka Sarkar, they should be sent to me."

Anushka's eyes had widened for a second. But then, she didn't actually know if anyone would ever come searching for her..

But then Joy himself had brushed off everything. " Okay, let's see if you ever remember something. " , Joy had smirked and walked off. And his smirk had something, that made Anushka insecure of she didn't know what.

The lady, Joy's aunty, every now and then sent medicines, fruits, vegetables, turkey, toiletries, cutlery and what not. Either she herself would bring, or send through a very short man who looked like a typical mountaineer.

" What's her name? " , Anushka was a lot curious at times.

Joy never seemed quite happy with everything he was sent. He just twisted his lips, and caressed his beard looking at the bundle of stuffs.
" Mrs Margaret Oliver. "

Diana lay on bed, staring at the ceiling. No one knew she was up. She was being regularly sedated. But she was calm now. At peace.
The arteries of the head didn't throb to death, nor anything choked her breath.

The worst thing about her life was that, she couldn't show the world, she was unwell at times. Very unwell. Because if the world knew, he would know too. And Diana couldn't afford that.

Joseph Oliver walked in. He knew his daughter was up. He slowly went and sat beside her on the bed. " Diana...how are you baby? "

Her father's voice always did this to her. She immediately turned, ducked her face into him, and sobbed.
Joseph began caressing her hair, " It's alright baby. It's alright. Everything will be fine someday. Jesus only tests darling. We at times give a lot of pain to others. He just checks, if we can endure that ourselves. "
Diana stiffened. She stopped sobbing immediately. And sat up on the bed at a go. Joseph got startled. Oh Jesus! He should have thought before uttering anything, specially when Diana was vulnerable.
Diana slowly looked at his dad. That look. The look Joseph couldn't bear. " I...am...sorry darling. ", he shakily uttered.

Diana got down from the bed, and walked over to the washroom. Joseph sat still, lost, dull and dark.

++++

Feedback awaited.
Edited by Penfolk - 7 years ago
aaradhaya1688 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
There is so much hapPening in here
Its such a thought provoking and intriguing story
Every character has an aura of mystery around them
Oh my she tried to kill herself thats just so sad
Amazing story
Loved it
bahubalifan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh dear this lady wanted to end her life ?? What was bothering her ?? 😲 And Kaushi ji for some reason you like to keep the hero in your story a mystery, Vivaan and now Joy😆 who is this Oliver and what's his equation with Joy ?? Hmm ... I want the next chapter like now now now !!!!😉
PriyaKABHI thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for PM,Dear.😊
It was Amazing Part.😊
Anushka recovering slowly,it was so Nice.😊
Joy caring towards Anushka was so Nice.😊
Anushka remembered how she met with accident ,she was Happy going to dead,Why?😭
Anushka said to Joy that she will leave when she recovered,then thinking where to go?😕
Who is this Oliver?😲
Why Diana behaves like this? I Think there is connection with Joy.😲
The Story is getting So Interesting.😊
Please Update Next Part soon.😊
PriyaSweety-Anu

tweetie19 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 9
I'm so loving this one Kaushi..😳 each chapter keeps adding to the mystery..eager to know more about Joy and his past..
Poor Anushka..her life seems so hard that she wants to end it all Joseph and his daughter's story also seems so intriguing..now I'm so excited for the next chapter 😃
Penkie06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaradhaya1688

There is so much hapPening in here

Its such a thought provoking and intriguing story
Every character has an aura of mystery around them
Oh my she tried to kill herself thats just so sad
Amazing story
Loved it

thank you so much aaradhyaa!
Penkie06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bahubalifan

Oh dear this lady wanted to end her life ?? What was bothering her ?? 😲 And Kaushi ji for some reason you like to keep the hero in your story a mystery, Vivaan and now Joy😆 who is this Oliver and what's his equation with Joy ?? Hmm ... I want the next chapter like now now now !!!!😉

Hahahahaha. That's because Prabhas seems to me that way. His eyes ...and smile are much more than meet the eyes. 😉
Penkie06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PriyaSweety-Anu

Thanks for PM,Dear.😊

It was Amazing Part.😊
Anushka recovering slowly,it was so Nice.😊
Joy caring towards Anushka was so Nice.😊
Anushka remembered how she met with accident ,she was Happy going to dead,Why?😭
Anushka said to Joy that she will leave when she recovered,then thinking where to go?😕
Who is this Oliver?😲
Why Diana behaves like this? I Think there is connection with Joy.😲
The Story is getting So Interesting.😊
Please Update Next Part soon.😊
PriyaSweety-Anu

I am soo happy you read Priyanka!
Thank you so much!
Penkie06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tweetie19

I'm so loving this one Kaushi..😳 each chapter keeps adding to the mystery..eager to know more about Joy and his past..

Poor Anushka..her life seems so hard that she wants to end it all Joseph and his daughter's story also seems so intriguing..now I'm so excited for the next chapter 😃

Thanks a lot my dear ! Love ya!
hasi.83 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice update kaushi ma...

Anu pretending to be joy's sis 😲 😲

Oliver family !!! 😕 😕

Why is that lady interfering so much with joy's life!!!!

So many mysteries... Pls update ASAP dear...