Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Chapter Ten

" Do you miss her?"

Joy had spread his bed roll on the floor and Anushka sat on it with her back rested on the wall...while Joy lay staring at the ceiling.

He slowly nodded his head sideways.

" Don't lie. "

" I am not lying Anushka. I really didn't ever miss her after she left. Yes... I felt hurt, broken, lonely, but then... I hated her so much for leaving me that I didn't miss her ever again... "

" Did you cry in the nights for her...?"

" Initially I did. Not now. Never. "

" And since I'm supposed to leave, will you cry for me ever? "

Joy didn't say anything immediately. He slowly sat up beside Anushka. She kept staring.

" You ain't supposed to leave Anushka... But... "

" But... I am...because you are afraid. Of what Joy? May I please know? ", Anushka's voice trembled.

Joy looked straight into her eyes. Anushka witnessed a devastating emptiness in his.

" ... but I don't believe they'll let you stay either... "

Anushka shut her eyes tight. And then slowly uttered, " If you want, no one else cannot. "

She slowly opened her eyes to see Joy staring.
" Why do you trust me so much Anushka? You never even knew me ever... "

" men don't understand what women do. "

Joy wanted to smile, but couldn't.

" I couldn't keep Christina, though I wanted to for life. "

A kind of dullness gripped Anushka's heart for a moment.

" And do you believe they didn't want her to stay? "

Joy nodded.

" I don't want to believe that. Not because the Olivers have always been great to me... but because if Christina was really forced to leave, she should have at least sent a note to me. The girl whom I spent so many years with, couldn't entrust me with setting things right, both and everyone else being in the same house, how could I even believe her love Anushka?

She too lost her parents. And unlike you, she mostly was loved by everyone at the mansion. Then, if she couldn't trust me... how can you Anushka? "

Anushka didn't at all expect this turn of questions.

If that wasn't love... is this?

She sat motionless.

" I don't... know... "

" I know you don't. No one does. " , did Joy's voice tremble?

" errr...mmm... I believe you still miss her... I mean... you... you... "

" how does it even matter Anushka? Is my life all about this? Serving a family because they saved us from ruining, falling prey to someone's obsession, being left by someone I supposedly loved someday, and now living my life as a loner paying back their debt? Is this all about my life Anushka?
Can't I hold someone, hug someone, kiss someone desperately and heal myself ? Can't I? "

Joy shot himself up and almost ran to the window as if in search of fresh air. Anushka springed up too. And walked upto him, standing silently beside.

" I too want a home, a bed to share... a lap to sleep in when I'm tired, a reason to stay back.

Do you remember? I had always said I didn't pick you up without a reason. I longed for someone I can buy dresses for, and she would blush seeing those, someone who would shiver upon my touch and yet remain the most comfortable in my arms... "

Unknowingly, tears trickled down Anushka's eyes.

I too had always wanted this Joy!

" Since you stepped into my life, my life feels so complete Anushka! Despite a fear that grips me...a happiness engrosses that Anushka's at home, Anushka's waiting for me... "

Anushka slowly wiped off her tears.

" What obsession Joy? What fear? "

Joy now uttered distinctly looking straight at her. " Diana Oliver. A nineteen years old mentally ill woman. "

" Nineteen!? She looks twenty five at least! "

Joy sighed.

" I had always loved her as a sister since she was born. I was twelve then. Christina eleven.
And she grew up amongst us.

And then for me very drastically, she turned fifteen. And I got a letter in my bag... at the staff room in school.

" I might be a fifteen, but my heart holds emotions of a thousand years for you. And the age sake you are running after, shall leave you one day, bringing you back to me...forever! "

I was extremely startled. I knew the handwriting but... couldn't really state for sure because it was in blocks. I showed the letter to Christina.

She surprisingly laughed it off.

" One of those standard eight girls. You never know! Mr crush! "

These were the times I had to doubt her love. And then... few months after that... Christina met me at 12 in the night at the backyard. " I am really sorry Joy. If I have ever made you dream something ... I really never meant that. Rungpo isn't my place. The vast world calls me. Good bye. "

Joy stopped. Anushka placed her hand on his shoulder. " It's okay Joy... "

" I know Anushka... it's completely okay that she left. I chose to stay despite my mom's expiry six years back not only for her... but also because the Olivers, Rungpo and the school did a lot for me. I was indebted... I had to repay..."

" so... you believe that was Diana who.. "

" they gave me reasons to believe over the last four years...
Because, only women don't possess a sixth sense. Men too do."

Joy went back to his bed roll. Anushka kept standing for sometime.

" you believe Christina was forced to leave by the Olivers because their daughter was obsessed with you... "

" I don't want to believe Anushka, I possess nothing to be someone's obsession... "

Anushka turned.

" If you ever meet Christina again... far from Rungpo, will you accept her back in your life? "

Anushka didn't know what exactly she was talking.

Why even?

Joy didn't take seconds to reply...

" might have been... if she had ever trusted me...more than you do.."

Anushka's eyes widened. She kept staring.

" Come here Anushka. Sit beside me. You make me feel safe. With myself. In this world. "

Anushka hid a tear about to trickle down her eyes. She went and sat beside him.

" If past haunts... we get rid of it. If present haunts, can we get rid of it? We don't know what's in store for our future. " , Joy slowly uttered.

" What... do you want now Joy? "

" Run away. From Rungpo. With you in my arms. I wish I could assure no one in world hurt you ever... "

Steams ran down her eyes now. She slowly leaned against him. He wound his hands around her. " Can we run? Now ? "

" I have never known if the Olivers are truly harmful. I have never even taken a chance. Diana doesn't bear lies. But if I tell them the truth, will they let me leave? " , Joy monologued.

" And why on earth do you need their permission to live Joy? "

" They gave my mother her due respect, and us... a shelter to survive...me a job and a house... but do they really expect something more in return? "

Anushka felt completely numb.

Why on earth do our pasts tie us so much?

" And then there's Diana... who threatens to murder you... "

Anushka immediately sat straight.

" So it's she you are afraid of? Joy... if we escape, will she ever get hold of us? "

Anushka herself couldn't believe how desperate she sounded.

" ... we ain't criminals Anushka, that we need to escape...

I need to talk to them. I absolutely need to..." , Joy's brows came close together...lost in deep thoughts.

Anushka stared.

Joy suddenly turned to her and in split seconds hugged her tighter than ever, " Will you be there for me? Always? Against all odds? "

Getting over the momentary shock, Anushka slowly embraced the peace for life. As if this was the moment she had been always waiting for..." I promise to die with you, neither before, nor after. "

They kept hugging each other for how long they themselves lost counts. And then slowly broke the hug... but kept staring at each other, both their eyes welling.

" I am so selfish, that I'm thankful to Christina that she left... "

Anushka immediately wanted to swallow back what she just said. Her eyes widened... " I mean... "

" Same here. "

Anushka had never felt better than tonight.

Joy got up suddenly.

" I don't want to hide... I don't want to run away, I want everyone to know what I feel...why I feel... how I feel...

Do you get what I mean Anushka? "

Anushka nodded a yes.

" I will talk to them tomorrow. No more hiding. No more stories. "

Joy suddenly stopped.

" Do you know Anushka why I never pestered you about your past? "

Anushka didn't know.

Yes! I forgot! How did you know I remembered everything?

Anushka stared silently but anxiously.

Joy went to his study room. And returned with something Anushka was horrified seeing!

Goodness!

Joy handed him a sling bag, and from it stared back her only friend, her diary.

" This was the only thing I got with you, wound around your chest. I could have handed it to you the very day without even reading a page, hadn't I believed you lied to me... that you remember nothing despite remembering your name...

I immediately knew you hadn't had a great life story. And I needed to dig that.

As I kept reading your story, I knew I have known you for long. Because on one corner of my heart I don't want to believe ...but on another I cannot help believing, Christina, like you was a victim... of an evil sister, and a blind and an overprotective family.

And much more than that...we...who have grown in the kindnesses of others, have an emptiness at heart... the emptiness that had one day bound me to Christina, and now again, much stronger, to you... "

Anushka sat, speechless.

Lights went out. And two souls floated in darkness, searching light in each others heart.

+++++++
tweetie19 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 9
Finally they confessed their feelings to each other
I wonder how Diana will react when she knows the truth..she might go fully crazy..๐Ÿ˜ณ
This was a beautiful update..the way Joy and Anu derive peace from each other is so heart touching โค๏ธ
Thanks for the pm dear.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
hasi.83 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That's a beautiful update chotti...
Loved it..๐Ÿ‘

Finally they expressed their feelings they had all this time to each other...

Hopefully nothing happens to Anushka.. and they both live happily together..

DEEPIKA.B.M thumbnail
What a beautiful updateโค๏ธ. Finally they confessed. Lovedd it
aaradhaya1688 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Awe that was such an overwhelming update
They finally opened up to each other
I hope that diana is not able to harm my anu and joy
They both deserve so much after living such painful life
natashu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Gems.musingsRN thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Loved it!
an update full of joy-anu. .thank you kaushiji ..

I hope they'll be able to leave rungpo and live somewhere happily.

And the confession was so heartfelt !you are brilliant when it comes to creating deep,intense and engaging stories. Take a bow!

Waiting for the next chapter!

Ps sorry for being a tubelight!but what did you intend by these lines.pls explain.
Lights went out. And two souls floated in darkness, searching light in each others heart.

Maahzabeen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Res
Unres----
Finally they confessed ... Kuch na kehke bhi bohat kuch keh diya. Loved every bit of it. Waiting to see Diana's reaction now... ๐Ÿ˜†

Thank You so much for the pm๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by -Ambarish- - 7 years ago
shreyj7 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WOwww!!! Love your plot twists.. So Joy knew everything about Anushka this is getting even more interesting ...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Thank you so much for the PM dear...โญ๏ธ
But now what is Diana going to do when she finds out about Joy and Anushka ๐Ÿ˜•
Can't wait for the next update..๐Ÿ˜Š
So glad that Joy and Anushka confessed their feelings about each otherโค๏ธ
OK I am very very very sorry to be so late I try to be on time but always get stuck in some or the other work really sorry๐Ÿ˜”
Keep writing
Thank you very much
bahubalifan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh that was so intense Kaushi ji !! He knew about her all the way but still waited to know from her mouth and till then he never bugged her. Finally they confessed their love for each other in the most beautiful manner. You nailed!!! I don't want this to end... feel like reading on and on๐Ÿ˜† Now waiting for their next step. How are they going to manage Diana? What will be her reaction when she comes to know Joy loves Anu. Hope the Olivers don't do harm them. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thank you for the pm !!๐Ÿ˜†