Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sandhiya_1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Really exciting 😊Looking forward for the story to unfold more !!
JeeneKeIshare thumbnail
Awesome πŸ‘πŸ‘ Read the last 3 chapters in one go and It's getting better and Better with each chapter .. My doubts getting strong .. But again I am confused if Anushka is Cristina why Daina didn't recognize her ? Plastic surgery ?? Can't wait for the next one ..Thanks for the PM😊
shreyj7 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh my gosh!! so glad I caught up. I really cannot understand what is going to happen next but I am really excited about it. Keep updating love your writing Kaushi Ji😊.
Really got me confused about their past too I thought I can kind of guess their past from the information given but now since Shreya made Anushka sign some paper, but what papers😲? makes me wonder.
Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Chapter Eight

Joy was taken aback when he saw Margaret Oliver sitting beside her husband in his chamber. With a very astonished expression Joy slowly walked inside, " Sir... you summoned me? "

" Not me. Your aunt did. Settle down. "

Joy could sense a heavy air inside the place. Specially when he looked at Margaret...he knew something was terribly wrong.

" Is something wrong? " , Joy uttered.

" Everything's wrong my child, yet nothing seems to be. " , Joseph Oliver smirked, while Margaret remained silent and serious.

Joy too remained silent and stared questioningly.

" Joy... you have spent almost twenty five years of your life with us... twenty one at our place itself.
Yet... very carefully we could be able to hide from you, something that wasn't easy...but something that we just had to ...being parents. "

Joy's features stiffened as he tightly grabbed the handle of his chair. He wasn't ready for almost anything now.

" Diana happened to us when you were twelve, and Christina too was of your age... you have seen my girl grow, haven't you...? "

Joy stared at a paperweight on the table, still.

" Diana grew up amongst you... considering both of you to be her own family, her own part...
She loved Christina as her own elder sister... you know that don't you? "

Joy now looked straight at Joseph. Through the corner of his eyes he saw Margaret staring at her with sunken eyes.

" I...really don't understand the significance. " , Joy uttered distinctly.

" Joy... Diana doesn't know we are talking about her to you today... but as parents we decided that it's necessary... owing to her worsening health conditions. " , Margaret Oliver uttered slowly.

Joy didn't really gather what was happening. So he kept shifting gazes from one person to another in the room.

" Joy ... we understood that Diana was emotionally vulnerable when she reached her adolescence. She behaved strange...threw things... uttered slangs... was jealous of everyone and everything, and ohh yes... how carefully we concealed that from you.. your mum...and everyone else who resided at the mansion, by shifting to one corner of the villa and while you stayed at the other corners. You remember everything don't you? "

Joy remembered. Yes... they did one day shift their dwelling to one end of the immense villa...almost secluded from the rest of the house. Servants, and her mum as well were taken aback at such a drastic step...because the Olivers were always very endearing. But then, they behaved so normal even after that, people actually overlooked that thereafter.

So... this was the reason. Joy's growing surprise showed on his face.

" I know Joy...it's hard to believe because Diana's personality splits. Her every drastic change in behaviour has only been witnessed by her parents till date... apart from that, Tudu and Dr Matthews have known. No one else did. "

Joy's throat felt dry. He had till date only known Diana to be something else... not something to be liked much, but definitely not this. This seemed even more terrific.

" Joy... Diana won't keep us whole if she came to know that we are discussing this with you. But we really don't see a choice.

Joy... Diana has a sort of possession on everyone involved with her life. And that applies to everyone, me ... her mum... servants, her very selective friends, you... and used to be with Christina too. "

Joy felt a pain in his throat, and also a chill down his spine...

" ...and if anyone of us hide anything from her... she breaks down and drifts into being vulnerable and aggressive at the same time.
And currently she is going through such a phase. The reason being... you. "

" m..me...??" , Joy almost whispered.

" Yes Joy... we believe you.. but she doesn't. She doesn't believe that the girl at your place is your sister. "

Almost as if struck by thunder Joy stared at Margaret who uttered the words.
Anushka's last encounter with Diana, her words, her threats, flashed through his mind.
He had always known that the Olivers were not safe for anyone, specially anyone connected with Joy, now being Anushka. But at present his every fearful assumptions were taking the face of truth, a truth more severe than he had imagined, a truth that involved the ugly dysfunctions of human mind that no one could control.

Joy almost springed up from his seat.

" What do you mean? Why will I lie...why the hell?? "

Margaret stood up and reached him immediately, ran her palm down his cheeks.
Joy stood stern...and shaking a bit from inside.

Joseph had also stood up...concerned.

" We know that very well my child. Why would you lie? And if you say that again now, we would again believe you. But we had to make it clear that Diana won't, and if you by any chance keep lying, her wrath would increase manifolds and that could be harmful to some innocent soul maybe. "

Joy knew very well which innocent soul she meant. He immediately shifted away from her. " I am not lying. She is my sister. Shelly. I really didn't know of her neither did she of me. But after we did..she decided to visit my village and met with an accident. That's all. There's nothing more to it. " , Joy knew he was shaking. But he didn't know if his extra pitch made the lie seem like a truth.

" Calm down my boy! " , Margaret walked close again.

Joy did succeed in controlling his momentary outburst. He instead was now filled with concern for the one who lay at home, unaware of some impending danger.
He then suddenly threw a question, " I don't really understand what concerns Diana so much! Even if she isn't my sister, what has she gotta do with that? " Joy knew he was shouting again.

Joseph Oliver stiffened. His jaw bones grew firm and an unforgiving expression appeared on his face. " That's what we are trying to make you understand Joy. Diana isn't well. You cannot explain everything she does. But all we know is, she cannot bear lies spoken by the ones she loves. "

Joy stared for sometime. Then uttered distinctly..." Make her understand please... I am not lying.

And before leaving may I ask one thing today, was Christina a victim of the wrath of your dear daughter?"

In moments the air inside the room changed. Joseph Oliver's features grew crueller than ever. He almost jumped off his chair and grabbed Joy by his collar before he understood anything.
" This was one of the exact reasons we thought a million times before sharing this with you. Boy, truth too can make us blind, specially bitter ones. A curtain of my daughter being mentally ill fell on your eyes... and you began judging her. For your kind information, my daughter grew worse after Christina left on will. She loved her like hell. More than herself.
And you blame her? You blame my daughter for a girl who left you?... you bloody..."

" Joseph! " , Margaret shouted in horror.

Joseph stopped. And immediately let go Joy. He knew he had crossed limits. " Diana had nothing to do with Christina's departure. Emboss this in your mind. And forgive me. "

Joy stood. Dumbstruck. He couldn't move. He couldn't breathe.

Diana breathed in a lung full of fresh air. The rooftop was her favourite place, because she could see the whole Rungpo from there. The Rungpo her father almost owned. The Rungpo she almost had a grab upon.

Diana smiled. She knew she though didn't keep an eye on all the houses visible, but most only on a small cottage on one corner of the village.

There. A bulb glowed at the verandah of the very house.

Diana sighed.
How beautifully she could have decorated the house and made it her own...
But...

She wondered why though her hyperfunctionating brain didn't trust the poor accident struck girl. She so wanted to trust her being a blood relation to Mr Montgomery. But she trusted her distrusting brain more than anything else. She knew, its indications were always right.

Diana sighed again. The world had always underdone her capabilities. Only if it knew. The only one who had come to know, unfortunately couldn't share it with anyone else before leaving.
She was good indeed. Too good to handle.

Shelly. I hope you too turn out to be good enough.

+++++
Edited by Penfolk - 7 years ago
Gems.musingsRN thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
No joy anu scenes in today's update πŸ˜’
Diana is a certified psych. ..knew that..but her dad is also showing signs now.why can't joy take anu and leave rungpo, away from the horrible olivers. ..??

Thanks for the pm kaushiji!

Waiting for next chapter.
Maahzabeen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for the pm :)
Wanna slap Olivers and Diana (God forgive me as she is in mentally difficult phasebut still... )
Gripping chapter once again. Want more Joy and Anu scenes.. Scared for Anushka.
Plz update soon next part.
hasi.83 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow chotti, this is an awesome update..

So it was Diana after all behind Christina's disappearance..

Look at her parents defending all her wrong doings 😑 😑

Poor joy I hope he doesn't lose his anu this time..

Keep up your good work ma πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
tweetie19 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 9
A great chapter once again Kaushi πŸ‘πŸΌ
A person with mental illness suffers but I believe their family and loved ones suffer the most especially when it comes to dealing with aggressive personalities...

Though there were no scenes of Joy and Anushka, I loved the way Joy was so worried and concerned about her..

The best part of your writing is the way u give layers to your characters..ur writing skills are simply outstanding..πŸ‘
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Kaushi,
Here I am. My Apologies. I have turned up here very late. But I am sure this is going to be an exciting ride.

I had decided that I would gobble up all the updates at once, but then I have now decided I am gonna savour this - one update at a time. 😳

So its Part 1 I am talking of now. Very enigmatic. We meet Joy Montgomery who found Anushka on the road, an accident victim.

He brings her home and arranges to be treated, but insists that Anushka represent her as Shelley Montgomery, his sister.

I am sure the mystery will reveal itself in some time, but the beginning is enthralling and mysterious.

Part 2, here I come 😊
aaradhaya1688 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Now its getting scary so diana has some medical condition
The update was awesome
Loving the intrigue
Rhanks for the pm