Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YeahMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
I don't have problem with his prank or with him celebrating holi with Tanu or Pragya.

My only issue is he forgot about purab soon n others didn't even remember him 🤢

But whatever Abhi said as a part of his prank is real, he is frustrated with the gsmes Pragya is playing, sometimes she sends signals that she likes him, sometimes she doesn't give a straight answer when Abhi asks about her feelings.

Im interested to see where all this will lead to.

Finally AbhiGya celebrated one festival peacefully n happily.
Uma2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am a bit surprised, if I may say so. Much of the venting here on the episode has been legitimate if the episode's evaluated rationally and like many of you have pointed out elaborately. I am just pressed to wonder whether the show's fans never felt similar indiscrepancies all through the earlier episodes. 

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm a newbie to the show who finished the first 700 episodes within a fortnight and it felt just as illogical at several points throughout, but what attracted me to the show were the quirks of the characters, the actors' pairing, their excellent acting, the writing/direction in bits and parts and Shabir ofcourse. That's exactly how I feel now as well. I continue to detest elements I hated in the earliest episodes as well, which I turn a blind eye to. The writing's still escapist, it's still ridiculous and illogical in parts and often very soapy. 

Still, I see it knowing all of that. So, I'm wondering based on what's happened to me previously with shows I'd been a regular viewer of on a daily basis than a marathon basis like I did here, do you guys think you've reached a stage with regards to the show when your personal vision and expectations of the characters and circumstances have far outgrown the writing standards, limitations and TRP jugaads as always were? Do you sense a show fatigue? Seeing a show nearly every day of the year for nearly three years is no mean feat. The show's been a large part of your lives now and its characters your family! So, the way you react personally to characters is quite plausible as well. 

As far as I'm concerned, I find myself empathizing with a guy who's lost his memory, whose family will not reveal his lost year to him for his own sake and who is torn between genuine care and attraction for a girl and a woman who he feels nothing for, but has to get hitched to for the sake of multiple reputations. To add to that, he is a celebrity with a lot of expectations upon him, a lot of odd and dangerous events happening around him with nobody really revealing their own readings to him and his best friend down and out now. I mean, I'd have gone crazy under these circumstances! But inspite of that, he still retains his cheekiness, the sight of his love still brings the glimmer to his eyes, he still feels terribly drawn to her and he still sorrows in private for those parts of the umpteen jigsaw puzzles he can't patch up. Nobody's really helping him either in these quarters either- they can't for medical reasons one supposes. So, I mean... it's all perspective. Things looks quite logical from where I stand. Take off our soapy lenses and hey, it's all insane nonsense. 

I don't even know whether this post belongs to this thread since I'm an irregular member to IF, but still, I am just a bit taken aback at the reaction to an episode which I supposedly enjoyed and then come around here and find many venting on the same. I'd reiterate that all their points are extremely valid, but as I said, from a third person point of view, it's nothing new vis-a-vis the show, or so I feel imho. My two cents. 
Edited by Uma2010 - 7 years ago
-jaya- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mili9

2. The writers and directors constantly showing Abhi two timing and his abject infidelity is grating on my nerves☢️. Are we supposed to be happy at how he is fulfilling his responsibilities towards the wife and the " hone wali"? Reminds me of those movies of the late 80's/early 90's guys when the woman was constantly told that " why do you care about the other woman? He is fulfilling all of his responsibilities towards you" and the final justice is that both women are asked to live in harmony with the guy and " share the guy". Guys, this is 2017, NO SUCH infidelity is acceptable to us😡.[/DIV]

I hated how he was rubbing cheek to cheek with Pragya and then running after the🤬to make sure she is not angry that he is rubbing cheek to cheek with Pragya. It seems like he knew this was not right from him asking the witch if she is angry because of his acts😡. So he thinks he can do anything in the name of Holi " Holi hain". If he is compelled to do those things with Pragya, why doesn't he question himself / admit to himself what he wants? He doesn't know what he feels but wants to know how Pragya feels about him😕🤢

So far he is not conflicted with what he is doing, he has every intention of marrying the 🤬I want him to ask himself " why he is doing the things he is doing with Pragya" not " I am marrying the witch, so it is wrong " and he will get his answer.

This whole sequence was reprehensible and repulsive for me😡

3. The whole daadi, dasi being happy that Abhi, Pragya getting closer and that Pragya is happy is unbearable. Do you guys define this as happiness, having your husband who has forgotten you, getting married to the🤬in a few days shows every intent of marrying her, while he is getting intimate with you and runs after the witch to explain his intimacy with you? This is insufferable to me😡

[/DIV]
[DIV]5. Useless bhaang sequence. I have zero interest in it after today's episode. Isn't that guy Ramu kaka, did he now become Bahadur? I guess Nikhil is in the crowd now.

I am grateful to the directors for not airing this episode on Friday. I would have been walking around as a ticking time bomb ready to explode all weekend long. This episode is like poison to my brain. I am dejected that I ever watched this episode, this is what happens when the heart overrules the brain, you have a heavy price to pay☢️

That is it from me. Sorry guys, if I came too strong. Thoroughly disappointed💔

Mili. We are on the same line today, thanks for writing the review , i couldn't have expresses myself anyway better than this... I was so mad that i created a thread to vent it out... Absolutely agree with 1st and 4th point.. that itself stopped me from watching further.. idk what would have i done if i saw that scene of witch and abhi , and abhi explaining things to her.. his so called confusion, and his two timing is very irritating, it was beyond my capacity to tolerate.. yesterday's episode was certainly hard to deal with 🤢

But i do like precap - Because it has "BALAM PICHKARI" and PRAGYA dancing on it .. certainly a combo hard to ignore!!!
But yeah episode was disappointing
TeluguAmmayi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Uma2010

I am a bit surprised, if I may say so. Much of the venting here on the episode has been legitimate if the episode's evaluated rationally and like many of you have pointed out elaborately. I am just pressed to wonder whether the show's fans never felt similar indiscrepancies all through the earlier episodes.

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm a newbie to the show who finished the first 700 episodes within a fortnight and it felt just as illogical at several points throughout, but what attracted me to the show were the quirks of the characters, the actors' pairing, their excellent acting, the writing/direction in bits and parts and Shabir ofcourse. That's exactly how I feel now as well. I continue to detest elements I hated in the earliest episodes as well, which I turn a blind eye to. The writing's still escapist, it's still ridiculous and illogical in parts and often very soapy.

Still, I see it knowing all of that. So, I'm wondering based on what's happened to me previously with shows I'd been a regular viewer of on a daily basis than a marathon basis like I did here, do you guys think you've reached a stage with regards to the show when your personal vision and expectations of the characters and circumstances have far outgrown the writing standards, limitations and TRP jugaads as always were? Do you sense a show fatigue? Seeing a show nearly every day of the year for nearly three years is no mean feat. The show's been a large part of your lives now and its characters your family! So, the way you react personally to characters is quite plausible as well.

As far as I'm concerned, I find myself empathizing with a guy who's lost his memory, whose family will not reveal his lost year to him for his own sake and who is torn between genuine care and attraction for a girl and a woman who he feels nothing for, but has to get hitched to for the sake of multiple reputations. To add to that, he is a celebrity with a lot of expectations upon him, a lot of odd and dangerous events happening around him with nobody really revealing their own readings to him and his best friend down and out now. I mean, I'd have gone crazy under these circumstances! But inspite of that, he still retains his cheekiness, the sight of his love still brings the glimmer to his eyes, he still feels terribly drawn to her and he still sorrows in private for those parts of the umpteen jigsaw puzzles he can't patch up. Nobody's really helping him either in these quarters either- they can't for medical reasons one supposes. So, I mean... it's all perspective. Things looks quite logical from where I stand. Take off our soapy lenses and hey, it's all insane nonsense.

I don't even know whether this post belongs to this thread since I'm an irregular member to IF, but still, I am just a bit taken aback at the reaction to an episode which I supposedly enjoyed and then come around here and find many venting on the same. I'd reiterate that all their points are extremely valid, but as I said, from a third person point of view, it's nothing new vis-a-vis the show, or so I feel imho. My two cents.

Hey Uma 🤗

I totally understand what you are going through.

The episode was really good. Daily soaps are not for logical viewers. They are to watch and forget.

Trust me, Like you even I liked the episode. It was fun but they are some stuff which I felt was boring and some stuff which I did not like.

Recently a friend told me, if you are so v intrested to watch great things, watch documentaries or the award winning short films, why do you watch a daily soap and spend most of the time venting on it.

That's when I understood how I should watch the soap.

Trust me, you are in the right path and don't get deep into thoughts about episodes and create havoc in your mind.

TeluguAmmayi thumbnail
Also Uma, This deatialed discussion is happening from many years.
Members here have all the rights to put forth their views. You can always join all of us.

If you are not comfortable with a discussion, you can always create a topic with what you are comfortable. Trust me, many people will join you or you can simply join a place you like and ignore what you don't like.

TeluguAmmayi thumbnail

I love this!

You started watching recently? But i would say you got to know Abhi the same way I understand.

I have been watching him since 2 years.

I would want love to read more from you about him (both positive and negative) in Abhi's AT.
I know you are there, be more active.
Naina- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Hi Uma, first of all, welcome to the EDT :)

700 episodes in a forthnight!! Wow, thats dedication loll, but I understand-its totally addicting!! The reasons that got you hooked were pretty much the reasons I got hooked as well and I'm glad that you are able to see beyond the minor discrepancies on the show here and there and still able to enjoy what the daily soap provides to its core audience!😊[DIV]If you like an episode and feel like no one else did, don't hesitate to voice out your opinion of why you loved it! There have been many times I dont like an episode, read reviews by other members here, and rewatch it in a different light.

Also, I liked the episode today too for the most part, except for a few annoying parts here and there. Plus the precap was aaahhh-mazing!!
Edited by Naina- - 7 years ago
LAV2725 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -mina-

LA, writers of KKB have a passing acquaintance w consistency at best! As for Nitin I dont find him to be misleading. Rather what he says may be misreported or misinterpreted. I dont take his broader claims (eg purvi and bulbul returning soon) seriously but on specific details I find him OK.

mina, soumya, mitushi, naina, sri etc. who ever watches or participates Nitin's live insta chats some time or the other - can you pls just ask him a simple question based on common sense on behalf of forum and mind you this isn't any greatly analytical or highly intellectual question.

Pragya not being a celebrity and neither from glamour world, its quite understandable her photos or news items may not be flashed regularly in media or in public domains and she may vastly be an unrecognizable face for general public. 😳

But we all are aware that Rockstar's marriage to Pragya was never hidden from the world in KKB and neither Abhi nor his family ever maintained secrecy anytime about his marriage to Pragya by suspecting his market image, female fan following or earnings to get hit. 

So why haven't CVs/writers build couple of simple scenes in 8 months of ML track to clarify viewers why other than both families and Taakhil the general KKB world - fans, friends, relatives, business associates, media, internet and overall society of Rockstar has completely forgotten along with ML Abhi that he got married once couple of years back by his Dadi in an arranged marriage to a simple chashmish middle class girl from chembur who was into teaching profession by the name 'Pragya'?  Just ask this question to Nitin pls. 

And now suddenly Abhi has released a music album cover named 'Fuggi in honor of his best friend 'Pragya' aka 'Fuggi' and also recently introduced her as inspiration for his love songs to media and his fans. But many people who should have been aware to the news that Abhi was married once to a girl called 'Pragya' may try to connect dots that both these girls named 'Pragya' may be one and the same. Isn't society and media in India always good at gossiping about celebrities? 😆

For some time have been curious to know Ekta, Nitin and Anil Nagpal's assumption about general KKB world easily forgetting after Abhi's car accident about his first marriage which happened only couple of years back to Pragya. It would put rest to that lingering doubtful feeling week after week why nobody remembers Abhi's first marriage, his first wife and why no one ever gossips about his relationships in the show since he is mostly shown sailing two boats at a time continuously in all his parties/events/functions.  😉
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
LA, Nitin's never going to answer that. My guess is he wouldn't even take the question seriously. It's not a question that has a real answer - it's just a precondition of the world.
LAV2725 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
All those who had a chance to review and comment about Mon episode in EDT and in other threads on this forum by sharing both sides extreme observations, can you once again watch precap for Tue episode. Something really caught my attention.

Precap clip of Abhigya holi dance made me notice about Aliya which most seem to have missed. Except Aliya entire Mehra family along with Janaki is shown to be around cheering for Abhigya's dance in lawns with a fuming Tanu standing aside. 

Now where has Aliya gone? to her room in MM where unconscious Purab is supposedly resting alone or suspecting a disguised Nikhil or is she plotting something newly against Pragya? any guesses?