Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
Abby everyone has their own opinion - some people may not like it as much as you do
Edited by Simz786 - 7 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Simz786

Abby everyone has their own opinion - some people may not like it as much as you do

I don't mind different opinions

And every1 doesn't hv to like a show or actor the way I do

But when some1 goes overboard with negativity with an extra positive n fun show

Then it's more than obvious from where it's coming from

U watch the first 2 epis first and then u will understand what I m talking about

Every show doesn't hv to necessarily be a udaari n khuda mera bhi hain

Fun light moments shud be taken in that way only

But here good Lord

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

Abby it has nothing to do with Sami. I wouldn't have liked what Sherry was doing regardless of who played him. And please, reread this thread. Not everyone was a huge fan of the first episode. I was iffy about the show because I wasn't impressed with the first episode for a number of reasons, Sami was just one of them.

I hv read all the comments

Except for u and jnam every1 liked it

Some were even surprised how good was it given they weren't expecting so good

And those who found it underwhelming I got their point too

But ur review ...good Lord ..leave alone the 2nd epi

The negativity in the review on the 1st epi was on a different level altogether

Even if this show was served on a golden platter even then I m sure u wud hv managed to find many negative aspects

It's that "LEHJA" I m talking about

Which wasn't there in any others ...even in those who didn't like it as much

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is the last post I'll make about this topic and then I'm done.

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

I hv read all the comments

Except for u and jnam every1 liked it

Some were even surprised how good was it given they weren't expecting so good

And those who found it underwhelming I got their point too

But ur review ...good Lord ..leave alone the 2nd epi

The negativity in the review on the 1st epi was on a different level altogether

Even if this show was served on a golden platter even then I m sure u wud hv managed to find many negative aspects

It's that "LEHJA" I m talking about

Which wasn't there in any others ...even in those who didn't like it as much

Abby my "review" on the first episode was barely a paragraph and I said while I found the episode lackluster, I would continue watching. Hardly a "different level altogether" negative review.

And lastly, it was more than me and Jnam who didn't like the first episode. That's why I suggested rereading the thread. We ARE allowed different opinions. I'm trying to keep this civil but abby this isn't the first time I've told you we don't need to attack each other for having different views.
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Uhh...I actually disliked the episode so much that I don't think I'm going to be watching the next episodes. Sherry was creepy today. Who does that sort of stuff to their childhood friend? Or their childhood friend's fiancee? He was straight up pursuing Bisma despite knowing who she was to Ali. I tried ignoring this fact but I can't root for a couple that has its basis in homewrecking. It's why I still hate Brangelina, even twelve years later. I think I'm done with this show for now...maybe if I liked any of the characters I'd stay but Bisma is no Aina, despite Navin as usual hitting it out of the park wth her acting.

Originally posted by: JNam

They should have been more careful in how they created these initial meetings and their interactions. Sami seemed to be enjoying it all without any trace of guilt. Maybe later on in the story, he will feel the need to make amends to his friend. For now, I agree. The coming together of this couple is somewhat unseemly, and Sami's character's dogged pursuit of Naveen's Bisma leaves a bad taste in the mouth. But then again, we don't know if we are expected to root for this couple or not. And I agree, Naveen is a very skillful performer. I always thought she was a tad more effortless than Emmad although I adore both.

Perfectly and so eloquently said, Jnam! Sami's character did in fact express little to no guilt at going after a good friend's fiancee, and this is what I want to say to Abby as well. Homewrecking isn't just breaking up a marriage; it's the evil intention to ruin any type of romantic relationship for a selfish reason, which is the definition of what Sami is doing. What did Ali do to Sherry for Sherry to try and steal away his girl like this? Bisma being unhappy is its own separate thing. Sherry started the pursuit of her without any regards to her feelings first. Also, him ruining Ali and Bisma's engagement photos, while I guess was meant to be a comic scene, honestly just continued to make Sherry look like a sore loser.

Originally posted by: JNam

PS-I am unsure about how to judge people whose relationships begin by wrecking existing romantic relationships. For example,Brangeline, or closer home, Sridevi-Boney. The latter couple is well documented as is the struggles of the aggrieved people in this case (the late Mona Kappor and her kids). I am not sure what to think anymore. In the early days of their coupling, I had come to loathe Sridevi (Boney Kappor was and continues to be loathsome to me). From a die-hard fan, I had turned into someone who detested her. But the continued longevity of their relationship and the fact that Boney and his wife got married in their teens (or when awfully young) makes me wonder if I am being unfair. Then there are those that say that no one can break a relationship except the people in it. By that self-serving logic, a relationship is already at an end when one partner starts looking for solace elsewhere. But I am unsettled by this self-serving and myopic view of things. It excuses people who might just be behaving irresponsibly when in a happy marriage to gratify their baser instincts. In short, I have amassed nearly every view there is on the topic, and while my greatest empathy is to the one betrayed in a romantic relationship, I am not sure who should carry the blame, if at all. After all, not all is made to last.

I don't know much about the Sridevi-Boney relationship so thank you for giving a brief history of it. I didn't know Boney and his wife were married so young. You learn something new every day!

As far as Brangelina goes, I originally had the a similar inner conflict as you, Jnam. I thought, "I know nothing of Brad and Jennifer Aniston's marriage, so I cannot blame Angelina for just coming in and ruining their marriage." However, in the subsequent years, I read several interviews by Angie on how she described how she and Brad fell in love on the set of Mr and Mrs. Smith, a movie filmed while Brad and Jennifer were still very much married and allegedly happy together. Angelina continued giving interviews on how she and Brad went on secret vacations and snuck around while Brad was still married to Jennifer. I do not absolve Brad of any of the blame, but Angelina bragged about it. Again, I will never know the workings of Brad and Jennifer's marriage, but there's something known as class. You don't brag about falling in love and having an affair as if it were some great romantic escapade instead of what it truly was--homewrecking.

Sorry for the long quote 😆

Jnam/Fobs, I understand what you are saying is by definition homewrecking and I mean its TV so we have to give some lee-way right?

MY question to you/ all is whether Sami/Sherry is doing it with the intention of homewrecking? Not to comment of celebs too much but I always thought that Homewrecking has to do with a built home...which in terms or Mona-Boney Kapoor and Brad-Jennifer was accurate.. these people had homes and lives built around it but Faris and Bisma are just starting out their lives...if anything they're in their courtship phase...

and its a bit weird with arranged marriage but If Bisma and Sherry had continued seeing each other post-Bisma-Faris wedding/Nikkah I'd totally be against it...maybe its just the liberal minded person in me talking but I wouldn't compare this show to Boney-Mona/celeb status...

that doesn't mean I am saying that what you have said is wrong.

a healthy discourse should have room to agree and disagree.

It's definitely a conversation starter for sure. Do these "love stories" should or should not have the label of "home-wrecking" attached with them..

And as JNam said

"They should have been more careful in how they created these initial meetings and their interactions. Sami seemed to be enjoying it all without any trace of guilt. Maybe later on in the story, he will feel the need to make amends to his friend. For now, I agree. The coming together of this couple is somewhat unseemly, and Sami's character's dogged pursuit of Naveen's Bisma leaves a bad taste in the mouth. "
I competely agree. Especially because now the misunderstanding has been cleared. Sherry should lay low for a bit.

Whereas Bisma is unaware of these shenanigans and it seems like she is honestly trying to give this relationship a chance

thoughts? 😳

EDIT:

I just saw the rest of the post following this topic and Fobs, I'm sorry to hear that that was the last post of this topic. I was genuinely interested in knowing other people's views on this topic.

Abbs, I've said multiple times that a healthy discussion has to has room for disagreement otherwise it doesnt seem fair. and what jnam and fobby were talking about that they didn't post a negative review about how the show is shitty, they genuinely saw a concerning concept and tried to bring attention to it.

We know you don't mean it but sometimes things we post here come off a bit harsh. esp because we aren't able to hear voices or tones...just words.

so I hope no one gets offended. chill guys🤗
Edited by _Tabs_ - 7 years ago
Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Tabs so on point - as someone once said i think it was you 😆 if there is not a variety of opinions there will be no discussions and hence no point in a thread
JNam thumbnail

Abby my "review" on the first episode was barely a paragraph and I said while I found the episode lackluster, I would continue watching. Hardly a "different level altogether" negative review.

And lastly, it was more than me and Jnam who didn't like the first episode. That's why I suggested rereading the thread. We ARE allowed different opinions. I'm trying to keep this civil but abby this isn't the first time I've told you we don't need to attack each other for having different views.

I thought I'd chip in with my thoughts. I would like to not ruffle any sensitive feathers here as I recognize the passion and its associated sensitivity to perceived slights that our choicest of fictional characters and narratives can engender in us. I remain convinced that the reason a rabid follower of, say, Salman Khan, is so sensitive about his idol is because of the fictions Salman Khan brings alive for him. While some of these fictions play out as movies on screen, the rest play out in a fictionalized, curated version of real life. Both offer a possibility to escape into a world that is fun, more fair, and easily arranged to their likeness. SO I can understand someone's passion for a Sami Khan, or a Kubra Khan, or XYZ performer (I will limit myself to celebrities associated with acting here). I too have felt so passionately about and sensitive towards some of the performers who I enjoyed seeing as characters in films and television shows (I was fanatically devoted to, say, Rex Harrison, at one point in my life).
But then, it is also my belief that we cannot proselytize someone into viewing a performer or his performances as we do. For example, Ayesha Khan is loved by many, but to me, she is utterly bland. Similarly, while I can appreciate Saba Qamar in a negative role, I find it excruciatingly difficult to see her in more positive roles especially as a romantic heroine. This is, of course, an indication of my bias, but then, I am a human watching a show or performance as a human being. And it is hard to figure out why one human responds a certain way to one performance while another might have an entirely different reaction to the same performance. So, coming back to Beintehaa, while I can understand why someone might absolutely love it, I can also understand why someone else might abhor it or be indifferent to it.
Well, then, does it make any point to discuss a show, performer or performance we might not feel similarly about? Will such a discussion always lead us down an acrimonious path?
I think the ideal situation arises when all posters love a show, as has been the case with the KNK thread, and have a fervent desire to share each other's views.
But somewhere along the line, I have also discovered that it can also be enjoyable to me to exchange views with other commentators on performances and shows that I might not be in agreement with. That ends up being an engaging experience (even when we might continue to disagree with each other) if and only if the commentators on the other end are willing to have their views challenged, and to step, if only momentarily, into my shoes and view a performance or show through my gaze. This is, of course, dependent on a number of factors, including how well and succinctly I can communicate my perspective. So, discussing shows and performances with posters that might have differing opinions can be an engaging or tiresome and futile experience based on my own expectations of such an interaction, and those of the other posters.
A final word: I agree for the need to not berate others and appear condescending. Part of the fun of this forum (and the KNK thread in particular) has been the graciousness and courtesy of the various posters towards each other. Take that away, and not much of essence remains. The generosity of the posters is what keeps me coming, and a change in that is what would make me leave the forum and be reluctant to return.
Sorry for the rambling, long comment. I just thought Fobby-sho's comment was engaging and insightful, and spoke to some of my own feelings as well, and therefore deserved a response.
Cheers

Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
JNam thumbnail
Some continuing thoughts on Beinteha:
1. I think Fobby-sho and I are viewing Sherry with suspicion because he is being very reactive and is not for a moment, considering the pain and humiliation that his decision to pursue Bisma might have on his one-time friend. That suggests that he is, in the very least, short-sighted and immature. Now for a man who is in his thirties, this seems a bit distasteful. But, what I have also said earlier is that I do not know how the makers want me to feel about this character. Do they want me to feel as I do? If they have been as thoughtful in their writing as the writers for the first chunk of KNK were, my guess is yes. And I could expect to see development of this character such that his eventual romantic suffering makes him realize how he had humiliated his friend, and how uncharitable an act that was.

But yes, it is also possible that I am over-thinking it, and the makers wanted to make a lighter show and did not think much about this tried and tested romantic trope.

It is also possible, as one poster said, that we are expected to feel the absurdity and passion that "true love" can bring in a person, driving him to absurd limits to seek out his beloved. So, by that measure, maybe Sherry is not so much in control of himself. His "true love" is leading him to do what most lovers invariably do: seek out his Bisma at all costs to himself and others. In that regard, it makes romantic love seem selfish, which in the initial stages, it can be. So, maybe there are reasons behind why this has happened.

Finally, I am still curious and have questions about this show. So I have not quit watching it although I am not so enthused by it. My most enthusiastic watches at the moment are Muqabil, Bholi Bano, and Faltu Larki :-D

Cheers!
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
If someone comes on KNK thread and start saying how Mohsin is so ajeeb n so conservative n so badtameez n so evil.. or that Aaina is so seedhi n she doesn't take stand n she is the sati savitri n stuff..or anything that indicates that they don't like some bits of the show.. I won't jump on them saying yo you are criticising them cuz you don't like the actors or stuff..I seriously won't care..cuz comments on a show are not supposed to be only positive or appreciative. Some people liked Sangat for example whereas others found it controversial .. some people find yeh raha dil ajeeb..n others like me are fond of it.. but I seriously don't care.. they say what they think that's it.. I shouldn't be bothered.. same goes for others.

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
BEINTEHA episode 2 REVIEW
First things first...this show is GOLD...period...like seriously all throughout the 40 mins I m either smiling or laughing out loud...and I love SHERRY RAMIZ Jodi the most...their nok jhoks yet care for each other is SUPER CUTE n hilarious...and now that today Ali joined the trio had another different equation of old friends catching which has been shown in a very sweet casual real manner...

and the dialogues r so funny...omggg...sami n Ramiz has a terrific comic timing...i choked on my tea when Sami was asking Ali who did the designing of the doors...LMAO...

.then I liked how sherry came back after the SHOCK to the event n did take pictures...but the way he kept saying distance distance between Ali n bisma...how Ali wasn't getting what sherry is doing n navin is like WTH n sherry kept scolding Ramiz about puraane zamaane ka poses was overall so cute n hilarious ...hahahaha...

Navin needs to put on weight...her face is hardly visible...and the hair colour doesn't suit her ...i love the sister bonding a lot...ghana and NAVIN indeed look like sisters ...the selfie scene was nice

then came the SCENE OF THE DAY...THE SHERRY BISMA meet...i blushed when he just called her name out bisma and like sherry I also wanted bisma to say shehryar at least once...lol..i had butterflies when Sami said "MASLA TUM HO aur HAAL BHI TUM"...ufff...and navin was sooo good there ...she was a bit surprised but was not taken away ...loved her attitude

must say the dialogues n screenplay n editing of this show r just EXCELLENT...

.in the end when Ali calls sherry in a serious tone I got even more scared than sherry...lol..but thank God bach gaye.

..i m liking Faris shafi as Ali as well...he is pretty good here n m looking much better as well

and yes I got to see Ghana with Sami again after piya Mann bhaye...i loved them as friends in piya mann...that sami ghana photo scene was also funny

In the end

P.S.SAMI LOOKED SO GOOD today in the white T n the army jacket on...OMGGG...i LITERALLY prayed for him to gain weight the last 2 yrs and FINALLY FINALLY my HERO hero is back with a BANG...god I drooled on that army jacket look today

Today's epi was even better than epi 1

TABS SHIMZ HINNA JALDI DEKHLE