Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

Uhh...I actually disliked the episode so much that I don't think I'm going to be watching the next episodes. Sherry was creepy today. Who does that sort of stuff to their childhood friend? Or their childhood friend's fiancee? He was straight up pursuing Bisma despite knowing who she was to Ali. I tried ignoring this fact but I can't root for a couple that has its basis in homewrecking. It's why I still hate Brangelina, even twelve years later. I think I'm done with this show for now...maybe if I liked any of the characters I'd stay but Bisma is no Aina, despite Navin as usual hitting it out of the park wth her acting.

They should have been more careful in how they created these initial meetings and their interactions. Sami seemed to be enjoying it all without any trace of guilt. Maybe later on in the story, he will feel the need to make amends to his friend. For now, I agree. The coming together of this couple is somewhat unseemly, and Sami's character's dogged pursuit of Naveen's Bisma leaves a bad taste in the mouth. But then again, we don't know if we are expected to root for this couple or not. And I agree, Naveen is a very skillful performer. I always thought she was a tad more effortless than Emmad although I adore both.
PS-I am unsure about how to judge people whose relationships begin by wrecking existing romantic relationships. For example,Brangeline, or closer home, Sridevi-Boney. The latter couple is well documented as is the struggles of the aggrieved people in this case (the late Mona Kappor and her kids). I am not sure what to think anymore. In the early days of their coupling, I had come to loathe Sridevi (Boney Kappor was and continues to be loathsome to me). From a die-hard fan, I had turned into someone who detested her. But the continued longevity of their relationship and the fact that Boney and his wife got married in their teens (or when awfully young) makes me wonder if I am being unfair. Then there are those that say that no one can break a relationship except the people in it. By that self-serving logic, a relationship is already at an end when one partner starts looking for solace elsewhere. But I am unsettled by this self-serving and myopic view of things. It excuses people who might just be behaving irresponsibly when in a happy marriage to gratify their baser instincts. In short, I have amassed nearly every view there is on the topic, and while my greatest empathy is to the one betrayed in a romantic relationship, I am not sure who should carry the blame, if at all. After all, not all is made to last.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Why is sherry being accused of homewrecking
And compared with brangelina and sridevi Bonnie

Brad was married for 7 yrs and bonny kapoor Apple was married for ever with 2 kids before sridevi

And here bisma n Ali just got engaged

And today sherry came to ask if bisma is happy about this wedding or not and just told his feelings to her

That also in the most decent way possible

From which angle is it home wrecking ...home is yet to me made

LMAO

sanashau thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Ewww

I don't like samis beard

And I really hope it's not the look for dil ka kya hua

And why is he getting skinny again

He just became a bit healthy in TERE BINA and beinteha

DAMN it SAMI

I actually like him with a beard. He looks much hotter imo. I loved his look in piya mann bhaye.
sanashau thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

I don't mind playing different roles n experimenting different looks

But plz don't get skinny

I like his physique in TERE BINA n beinteha n RASM

In mannat he looks thin

I just want him to look his best in his HUM debut ..that also in a Khalil ur Qamar show

And it's Good to see Imran Sami in one frame

He does not look skinny in mannat! i thought he was fine in piya mann bhaye but a lot of people thought he was way too skinny. But the physicique matched the character he was playing.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanashau

He does not look skinny in mannat! i thought he was fine in piya mann bhaye but a lot of people thought he was way too skinny. But the physicique matched the character he was playing.

Yes that I agree in piya Mann he was skinny but it kinda suited the role he was playing

And he isn't skinny in Mannat but he looks healthier n much better in TERE BINA RASM n beinteha

But I like his surma look in mannat

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

They should have been more careful in how they created these initial meetings and their interactions. Sami seemed to be enjoying it all without any trace of guilt. Maybe later on in the story, he will feel the need to make amends to his friend. For now, I agree. The coming together of this couple is somewhat unseemly, and Sami's character's dogged pursuit of Naveen's Bisma leaves a bad taste in the mouth. But then again, we don't know if we are expected to root for this couple or not. And I agree, Naveen is a very skillful performer. I always thought she was a tad more effortless than Emmad although I adore both. [/quote]

Perfectly and so eloquently said, Jnam! Sami's character did in fact express little to no guilt at going after a good friend's fiancee, and this is what I want to say to Abby as well. Homewrecking isn't just breaking up a marriage; it's the evil intention to ruin any type of romantic relationship for a selfish reason, which is the definition of what Sami is doing. What did Ali do to Sherry for Sherry to try and steal away his girl like this? Bisma being unhappy is its own separate thing. Sherry started the pursuit of her without any regards to her feelings first. Also, him ruining Ali and Bisma's engagement photos, while I guess was meant to be a comic scene, honestly just continued to make Sherry look like a sore loser.

I don't know much about the Sridevi-Boney relationship so thank you for giving a brief history of it. I didn't know Boney and his wife were married so young. You learn something new every day!

As far as Brangelina goes, I originally had the a similar inner conflict as you, Jnam. I thought, "I know nothing of Brad and Jennifer Aniston's marriage, so I cannot blame Angelina for just coming in and ruining their marriage." However, in the subsequent years, I read several interviews by Angie on how she described how she and Brad fell in love on the set of Mr and Mrs. Smith, a movie filmed while Brad and Jennifer were still very much married and allegedly happy together. Angelina continued giving interviews on how she and Brad went on secret vacations and snuck around while Brad was still married to Jennifer. I do not absolve Brad of any of the blame, but Angelina bragged about it. Again, I will never know the workings of Brad and Jennifer's marriage, but there's something known as class. You don't brag about falling in love and having an affair as if it were some great romantic escapade instead of what it truly was--homewrecking.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

I think this show is aiming to be a romcom, and to be taken lightly. it is more of My best friend's wedding ..Meri Yaar Ki shaadi hai, or Meri brother ki dulhan. type of romcoms. so it doesn't need to be taken seriously.
Another point is that ppl do strange things when they fall in love. it is a very strong feeling , and has the power to change the lives of ppl. In gr8 litrature we have some amazing novels about ppl falling in love while they are committed to other ppl. it happens. Anna Karnina is just an example.
Edited by awida - 7 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

I think this show is aiming to be a romcom, and to be taken lightly. it is more of My best friend's wedding ..Meri Yaar Ki shaadi hai, or Meri brother ki dulhan. type of romcoms. so it doesn't need to be taken seriously.

Another point is that ppl do strange things when they fall in love. it is a very strong feeling , and has the power to change the lives of ppl. In gr8 litrature we have some amazing novels about ppl falling in love while they are committed to other ppl. it happens. Anna Karnina is just an example.

YES EXACTLY

Thank u for saving me from writing another essay

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say next

That why r people reacting so strongly over a light show given nothing offensive is being shown in the first place

THANK you awida
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
@FOBBY...save urself and us the torture
Don't watch it anymore

U will spew venom on everything Sami is a part of

U bashing the first episode when LITERALLY every1 else liking it was proof enuf

So I was sure another negative review is coming up

And God u took the whole issue in the total homewrecking tangent where navin is not shown having a home yet

Reading ur reviews n then the epi it feels like are we REALLY watching the same show

So plz

Live

N let us love

N spare us from the anti Sami venom

Coz even if the epi 2 was good like epi 1 STILL u wud hv make it sound like the worst show on earth

Edited by ABBY_JERAN - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Abby it has nothing to do with Sami. I wouldn't have liked what Sherry was doing regardless of who played him. And please, reread this thread. Not everyone was a huge fan of the first episode. I was iffy about the show because I wasn't impressed with the first episode for a number of reasons, Sami was just one of them.