Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: JNam

But I'm not too big on Arij or Neelum. I only like both in villainous roles, and Neelum never seems the heroine-type to me. Sorry! I could never warm up to her or Arij. Compared to those two, I could take Armeena :-)
But I think Naveen, with a slightly younger look, would go with Bilal too. It's just that she's played his mom recently, and so, maybe we're finding it harder to imagine the two together.

I think they needed a fresh actress for this role who looks mature too. that's why they cast Armeena. Is there a lack of new talented actresses? coz this girl can't act!
Edited by awida - 7 years ago
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Armena is a huge turn off for me for any show. Looks too much plastic. Chick can't even move her muscles. Gore to gadhe bhi hote hai !!!!!! Horrible. Horrible
Arij is great. Neelam ok. For sure these two any day over armina. I am not over the fact that she gets really good shows???!!!! Bin roye!!!! How does that happen??? Casting couch ???? I am not aware of anything in Pakistani tv/ film industry but it is a internationally accepted fact.
Irfana15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yumna Zaidi would have been good 4 this role
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Irfana15

Yumna Zaidi would have been good 4 this role

I hv seen a lot of yumna Sami shows

But yes I wud hv loved to see her with bilaal and she wud hv suited the role a lot as well
awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

I watched Armeena/Sami's scene. It was awkward.
Precap shows lot of things happening in next episode. specially on suhaag raat.😲

I wonder how will Harib turn to a psycho. Will he know about her love for his brother before their marriage, or is it just in his genes?😲
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Haaya harib first meet was supposed to be awkward
Hence it was awkward n armeena n Sami did it well

I can't believe I m saying this but I m liking armeena as haaya

Given she looks good with bilaal n kinda suit her role

Plus she has improved a bit than the old shows of hers
awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

I am glad that you like her @Abby. so you can enjoy watching RED. 😃 unlike me!🤔
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Bin roye helped me a lot to like her
She was surprisingly good in bin roye

N hence I cud even dare to watch this show

Before I used to HATE her

But now I don't thankfully
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cimba

Armena is a huge turn off for me for any show. Looks too much plastic. Chick can't even move her muscles. Gore to gadhe bhi hote hai !!!!!! Horrible. Horrible

Arij is great. Neelam ok. For sure these two any day over armina. I am not over the fact that she gets really good shows???!!!! Bin roye!!!! How does that happen??? Casting couch ???? I am not aware of anything in Pakistani tv/ film industry but it is a internationally accepted fact.

Yes, there could definitely be casting couch at play. After all, celebrities in Pak are fairly rich, and pretty much every other youngster seems to want to be on TV these days.
But we are also assuming that all casting directors know their job and have a feel for what the character must be like. But how many such casting directors must there be, esp. in SE Asia's TV industries? I mean even Bwood which has a lot of money and a viewership in millions is notorious for giving short-shrift to behind-the-scenes people of vital importance like casting directors. It is only when people like DIbakar Banerjee, Rajat Kapoor, Vishal Bharadwaj, Sriram Raghvan and their ilk took over directing duties that Bwood starting to have proper casting directors. I mean that is why Kuch Na Kaho is such a revelation to me-it suggests that effort has gone into the casting of each role, even the phuphoo..:-)

And Armeena might have some online following. I just find her very inept like you said. As for Neelum, I really do not find her anything but villainous in her appearnace, and I really think she could do well if she got to do some really vile characters in well-written shows, like in Mere Meherbann. But apparently, not many people want to consistently play dark characters :-)
I think Madhia from Dhani could have done well here. She has some spunk, is cute, and would be age appropriate opposite both (she might look bit younger than Sami, but she did play a romantic lead opposite him in a supposedly well received show, Dhaani). She'd have been my choice, or Iqra, or Kubra Khan (although she seems everywhere these days :-D).
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Eewww
Not madiha

I cudnt watch dhaani for her in the first place

She is too ordinary to b a solo lead between 2 hotties

But yes kubra cud hv been a good choice

But she is literally everywhere

Now that I think of it...sumbul iqbal cud hv played haaya

I liked her in ghayal...the recent ARY show