Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: anjs

great...i didnt know that...in the interview that i saw, she was screaming how she is a punjabi ...never did she mention about being an Indian or how she cant pick one state as she has a mix of 3 states...

anyways, how she wants to see herself is her choice...but she definitely lost me as her fan, that day...

cause i really feel these big stars dont belong to any one region...they belong to the whole country.

anyways, i dont want to take this topic on some other track, so wont comment on this further...

loved the trailer, will definitely watch the movie too 😊

------------------------------------------

here is a joke i had read somewhere...but it should apply to us all, not only PC

AN Foreigner VISITED INDIA AND WENT BACK TO Native country

WHERE HE MET HIS INDIAN FRIEND WHO ASKED HIM
HOW DID U FIND MY COUNTRY
THE Foreigner SAID IT IS A GREAT COUNTRY
WITH SOLID ANCIENT HISTORY
AND IMMENSELY RICH WITH NATURAL RESOURCES.
THE INDIAN FRIEND THEN ASKED ...
HOW DID U FIND THE INDIANS ...??
INDIANS??
WHO INDIANS??
I DIDN'T FIND OR MET A SINGLE INDIAN
THERE IN INDIA...
WHAT NONSENSE??
WHO ELSE COULD U MET IN INDIA THEN...??
THE AMERICAN SAID ...
IN KASHMIR I MET A KASHMIRI-
IN PUNJAB A PUNJABI"-
IN BIHAR,MAHARASTRA, RAJASTHAN, BENGAL, TAMILNADU, KERALA
BIHARI, MARATHI, MARWADI, BENGALI, TAMILIAN, MALAYALI...
THEN I MET
A MUSLIM,
A HINDU,
A CHRISTIAN,
A JAIN,
A BUDDHIST
AND MANY MANY MANY MORE
BUT NOT A SINGLE INDIAN DID I MEET

over-exaggeration much?

She's known as DESI GIRL!!!! Not Punjabi girl! Chill!

Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 7 years ago
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anjs

why would i get offended dear...i just lost a little bit of respect for her, when she seemed over-enthu to show her punjabi fans that she is a punjabi.

I feel all these celebrities are huge stars, and they belong to the whole country...she or any celebrities, be it Amitabh or DP or Sharukh khan has not achieved fame only from one part of the country...same way PC hasnt become this famous only cause of her punjabi fans, but we are all her fans, or rather i used to be...

Aren't these the same people who say celebrities and people from art background belong to the world, blah blah...but then she was interested in only proclaiming love for her punjabi fans...showing off that she is a punjabi...fair enough...just that, that day, she lost a fan in me...

I really feel you are the taking whole thing in a wrong way
Every culture and religion in India is distinctive from each other and people take pride in being part of the same, DOESN'T mean that they are less of an Indian!?!
'I am proud of being a Kashmiri, doesn't make me less of a patriot! Don't judge anyone on that..
Priyanka has time and again reinforced how she is an Indian first and a part of multi cultural family. You can scroll down through her feed on Twitter and see that (she does PCChat stuff and has replied the same question to her fans)

And that's a strategy of promoting films. All actors do it... You need to appeal to the regional audience

Edited by ViccoTurmeric - 7 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This looks fun...sensitive issue approached with humour, has all the potential to hit the right spots. The senior actors are amazing! If it does well, maybe they can make a Hindi version.
JaaniDushman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

This looks fun...sensitive issue approached with humour, has all the potential to hit the right spots. The senior actors are amazing! If it does well, maybe they can make a Hindi version.

I really really like it! All the eccentric traits of locals has been shown beautifully- gives me a Queen throwback! 😆 I'm betting on it to be a hit too! The Marathi is understandable, clean situational humour and a very good cast of actors ;) The biggest problem with filmmakers is that they don't know subtle or when to stop so if it doesn't turn preachy it is going to be a good film.
A hit Hindi remake can never be made for this! Because it has too many actors- Hindi movies are usually centered around the leads and multi starrers rarely work except nonsensical comedies with top actors like HNY or Houseful!
JaaniDushman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm so excited for this! Not because this is produced by PC but because it genuinely looks good. I love characters which are taken reference from real life, and that kind of humour where people in real life say something unabashedly and it turns to be funny is my favourites!
I don't know why you guys don't like Ashutosh but I really like him in the film too. He IS supposed to look awkward and out of place because of the character he plays. He is apparently a bigshot filmmaker from this small village or town and kind of appalled at the no filter the people around have! And the kind of things they say 😆

OMG YAY BOMAN IRANI 😲 I did not know he spoke Marathi so well! One more reason added on why I'm going to watch this movie.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Patronus

I really really like it! All the eccentric traits of locals has been shown beautifully- gives me a Queen throwback! 😆 I'm betting on it to be a hit too! The Marathi is understandable, clean situational humour and a very good cast of actors ;) The biggest problem with filmmakers is that they don't know subtle or when to stop so if it doesn't turn preachy it is going to be a good film.
A hit Hindi remake can never be made for this! Because it has too many actors- Hindi movies are usually centered around the leads and multi starrers rarely work except nonsensical comedies with top actors like HNY or Houseful!

I think it's possible. A lot of the actors are character actors who are well-recognized, so they could cross over...and cast a young gen actor in Ashutosh's role! This would be a 3 Idiots type of multi-starrer vs. a K3G, where everyone was a star. Also, slice of life movies work based on strength of screenplay. People want both funny and touching stuff, but it's rarely delivered in one project...when it's done successfully, IMO it's a box-office success!