Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

707793 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: pn_92

I am quoting major arya's words here...

"Will sending Pakistani artists back, stopping cricket and business with Pakistan actually end terror from Pakistan?

No, it most certainly will not.

BUT there is an emotion called solidarity. YOU CANNOT MAKE FILMS, PLAY CRICKET, AND DO BUSINESS AS IF EVERYTHING IS FINE, BECAUSE IT IS NOT. It makes the soldier wonder aloud, "Why should I alone bear the weight of conflict?"

This conflict between India and Pakistan is not the soldier's personal war. He is dying and killing for you and me. Imagine a situation in which the soldier felt, and behaved, like Karan Johar and Mahesh Bhatt? Imagine if a soldier walked up to his superior and said, "Sir, while I am dying on the Line of Control, these people are going about as if everything is absolutely fine between the two countries."

Why should he alone sacrifice for India, when others were making merry?

Patriotism and sacrifice is not the sole responsibility of the soldier.

The United States boycotted the Moscow Olympics in 1980, and the Russians did likewise when they boycotted the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984. This is what happens when national interest is held paramount. And this is what must happen now.

18 families have been shattered like glass... But the pain of Fawad Khan's departure is too much to bear !!!"

Golden words by
Major Gaurav Arya (Veteran)

👏

Word Count: 1

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

"Will sending Pakistani artists back, stopping cricket and business with Pakistan actually end terror from Pakistan?

BUT there is an emotion called solidarity. YOU CANNOT MAKE FILMS, PLAY CRICKET, AND DO BUSINESS AS IF EVERYTHING IS FINE, BECAUSE IT IS NOT. It makes the soldier wonder aloud, "Why should I alone bear the weight of conflict?"

This conflict between India and Pakistan is not the soldier's personal war. He is dying and killing for you and me. Imagine a situation in which the soldier felt, and behaved, like Karan Johar and Mahesh Bhatt? Imagine if a soldier walked up to his superior and said, "Sir, while I am dying on the Line of Control, these people are going about as if everything is absolutely fine between the two countries."

The United States boycotted the Moscow Olympics in 1980, and the Russians did likewise when they boycotted the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984. This is what happens when national interest is held paramount. And this is what must happen now.

18 families have been shattered like glass... But the pain of Fawad Khan's departure is too much to bear !!!"

Golden words by

THIS.
THANK YOU.

I now have phenomenal respect for Pakistani members. good or bad; right or wrong they stand up for their own land.

we?
let there be NOTHING sacred other than my favourites!

i thought ultra nationalism is bad.
i thought being sickeningly and hypocritically secular and liberal is bad too.
but now i realize.. being a fangirl/fanboy is worse.

it is disconcerting to see how many sorted, sensible and former self proclaimed desh premi members turning on their 'fan' mode on and ...

and this forum ridicules fangurls of tele serials and actors.
you heard that wailing? yes that is irony stabbing itself to death.

-mistyeyed- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Supporting the so-called 'Art' over Nation seems to be the new cool here!

I have to agree to the member above me. Pakistani members always stand by their country, no matter what.

When you come here, in this microcosm of Indian community, one can see why our nation keeps getting attacked over and over again. When we can't stand united among ourselves, how are we going to fight with our enemies?
Edited by -mistyeyed- - 7 years ago
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Banjaaran.

THIS.
THANK YOU.

I now have phenomenal respect for Pakistani members. good or bad; right or wrong they stand up for their own land.

we?
let there be NOTHING sacred other than my favourites!

i thought ultra nationalism is bad.
i thought being sickeningly and hypocritically secular and liberal is bad too.
but now i realize.. being a fangirl/fanboy is worse.

it is disconcerting to see how many sorted, sensible and former self proclaimed desh premi members turning on their 'fan' mode on and ...

and this forum ridicules fangurls of tele serials and actors.
you heard that wailing? yes that is irony stabbing itself to death.

well said 👏
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -mistyeyed-

I have to agree to the member above me. Pakistani members always stand by their country, no matter what.

When you come here, in this microcosm of Indian community, one can see why our nation keeps getting attacked over and over again. When we can't stand united among ourselves, how are we going to fight with our enemies?

Not art
I should spell out the name
this is for a specific Fawad Khan

Banjaaran25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hermione82

Not art
I should spell out the name
this is for a specific Fawad Khan

and Salman Khan.
and SRK. (the glorious Dilwale days)

Country, law, army, sports persons, defense personnel, ... nothing should get in the way of our love for our stars.
and yes.. we are liberals and open minded. well so were jnu students chanting death for my country and army.

(like button kaput. sorry)

Banjaaran25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -mistyeyed-

we don't need enemies mate.
we are enough on our own. past 2-3 weeks of the forum is perfect example of this.
Dilwale outrage pales in front of this.

even national interest can't dampen our fangirlism/fanboyism, hypocritical secularism and communists kind of liberalism.

FeminEra thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Golden words by

This
i like fawad & rahat ji but they're not important than our country & army
banning pak movies/artists is least we can do to show our support

Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sports, Arts and Movies cannot exist in vaccum. When there is a death in the family, the family mourns. When our Jawans are getting killed, its neither the time or place for any kind of arts/ movies etc.
Its simple common sense. Nana Patekar is a very normal, grounded person.. For eg look at Syria today.

And for Peace to prevail, terrorism has to be condemned and stopped
Edited by Dimdim. - 7 years ago
K.Ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I am glad someone said it.
Nation first. Art and Sports can come later.

If government has decided to boycott Pakistan, lets boycott everything and not accept what we like and reject what we don't.

All of a sudden a certain Farad Khan and Pakistani artists are more important than the country.

Fan wars amongst each other is understandable but are we so blinded by it that our army comes last but art and entertainment comes first.