Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: thinkagain

True that! And I thought the same seeing that particular scene in the promos..! Yeah let's just get surprised on what the future episodes hold for us! I only care about Aarib really, that's why I got so annoyed seeing Ayla and Sheroze back in the precap - spare me that headache!!

I like the way you call it an impulsive action by Harib. He in a way (unknowingly?) wants to have her attention and the feeling of comfort that he finds in her presence. You can't blame him - after the death of his parents he dealt with one matlabi person after another.. and there's a woman/human being who respects/values him for the man he his, who wants good for him without any ulterior motive and has a way of talking to him that's almost therapeutical.. you don't want to let go of that kind of a person, even at the risk of maybe unconsciously getting a tad clingy - but then again Aan's the kinda person one doesn't run into danger with being like that.. she has that understanding for human emotion which morally elevates her to a position, where her background or anything other than her character truly doesn't matter..

Yeah man same, I love the park scene too, I just wanted to make sure the waiting/calling scene doesn't get neglected in its importance. 😆

And everything you said about it!! She just gets him, it's so satisfying to watch.. also just when Harib sits down next to her.. the way Aan looks at him so knowingly, compassionately.. As you put it, she exactly knows how to deal with him! Apart from the dialogues getting more importance also the lyrics of the OST, that may sound a little OTT at first have so much more meaning to them, the mujhpe hua koi karam bas tu hai' for example is one that I can think of right now.. gahh!! So true!

Yeah because Harib since the beginning has only gotten compassion and understanding from Aan. That's the whole base of their relationship starting from that paratha roll itself. Aan said their friendship had an "ajeeb" beginning which is an understatement as that was a very shitty reason for them to meet! Harib wouldn't have been surprised had she come to him with a belan in her hand, threatening to skin him alive for being the reason her character was compromised like this. But instead all he got from Aan and Amma was understanding and even support. And that just what he keeps on getting even now. I agree with the "risk of maybe being unconsciously a tad bit clingy" point as that could very well be true. But at this point I'm sure those thoughts have very much left him. The real test of any relationship is how the people react when faced with troubles. Aan got to be closer to him from those very troubles so emotionally they are in a very secure place which can only grow. Compare that to Sara and Ayla who chose to dump it all on his head and escape because their own ego and interests were more precious to them than working things out with him. I'm surprised how Harib still hasn't fallen for Aan!

AAH THE OST!!! Personally I can never get over the, 'saamne wo khada hai kinara meri zindagi ka' line. Relating that to how it's always Harib who approaches Aan before he even realizes what he is doing...yeah, it makes me feels things
.Intoxicated. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Mais, your gifs are bestest
thinkagain thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@lostmymusic Yes, Harib has all the 'reasons' to fall in love for Aan. That makes me think what does Harib offer Aan, for her to fall in love with him? As of now it's Aan who's the support and the one who's emotionally nurturing.. Aan is no way 'dependent' on Harib.. he's good company and someone who values their importance.. but the way it is at the moment the future 'love' between both of them isn't on equal grounds! I mean not that is has to, like often you don't need particular reasons to fall for someone.. but it would be nice to see Harib being worthy of Aan's love as well..

In other news, I just saw the official Balu Mahi poster: 🤣
Don't have the intention to hurt someone's sentiments.. but just when I thought that poster from some time back, which was placed in some desert-like location was a bad Suraj-hua-madham rip off, was a one-time mistake (since some of the other BTS stills really, really look great and fresh) - they chose this?? Like I can't take either of them serioulsy on that poster, it's so copied off! I'm sure there is much more to the actual movie, but they could have gone with something more original for their official poster 😆 All hopes with the teaser!! *fingers crossed*
Edited by thinkagain - 7 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
@thinkagain - That's what I want to see as well. Harib being there for Aan. I think maybe Khurram's entry in Aan's life will change the dynamic between the two with Harib now lending emotional support to Aan. Otherwise I can only see their story progressing as Aan not even considering Harib as a romantic partner till he bursts out his confession which stems from serious helplessness about whatever situation they will be going through. So far the show has gleefully kicked all my theories out of the window so hoping to be surprised again! But regardless...that maza of seeing your OTP legit having feelings for each other but not saying them out loud cuz, 'What if I'm the only one feeling that? I don't want to ruin what we have for something that only I'm feeling...' until BAM! One day all the feelings come rushing out and they realize all the fears were for naught Aisa maza kisi aur cheez mein kahan?

@BaluMahi - Cringe 😳 I'm still in shock that they dared to design that poster than even had the audacity to release it as the first OFFICIAL look of the movie! Sharam naam ki cheez hoti hai kuch!
fa.ri.ya. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
^ Balu Mahi poster is a complete let down. And this is actually the official poster. Whoever designed this - or should I say made such a bad copy of the original - should be fired straight away.
.Intoxicated. thumbnail
I agree with mais, maybe khurram's return will mark Harib's emotional support to Aan. Because I can already feel he & his family will create alot of problems for Aan...looking at way how crazy khurram is for her. Not to forget Ayla's return aswell.
And yes looking at love confession scene it seems both are in love but never dared to say but finally out of frustration Harib confess. Just how happy both were when they confessed. The way Aan was looking at house ( which I believe is Harib's ) , it looked as if her dreams come true when she had no hopes.
Coming to Ballu mahi- Man. Poster is such a disappointment..all those stills were way better. Totally copied from Bajirao Mastani, only difference is Sadaf is not standing there. Such lack of creativity
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@thinkagain and Mais - Reading your discussion on Aan Harib/Sanam always makes a good read. Makes me understand the show and its characters better.
@BaluMahi - I didn't even know what it was and then I googled, eventually the search led me up to seeing its official poster. And guess what? Yeah, that. 🤣

-----

Edited by .annihilation. - 7 years ago
thinkagain thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

@thinkagain - That's what I want to see as well. Harib being there for Aan. I think maybe Khurram's entry in Aan's life will change the dynamic between the two with Harib now lending emotional support to Aan. Otherwise I can only see their story progressing as Aan not even considering Harib as a romantic partner till he bursts out his confession which stems from serious helplessness about whatever situation they will be going through. So far the show has gleefully kicked all my theories out of the window so hoping to be surprised again! But regardless...that maza of seeing your OTP legit having feelings for each other but not saying them out loud cuz, 'What if I'm the only one feeling that? I don't want to ruin what we have for something that only I'm feeling...' until BAM! One day all the feelings come rushing out and they realize all the fears were for naught Aisa maza kisi aur cheez mein kahan?

@BaluMahi - Cringe 😳 I'm still in shock that they dared to design that poster than even had the audacity to release it as the first OFFICIAL look of the movie! Sharam naam ki cheez hoti hai kuch!

@Balu Mahi: Tell me about it 😆.. there's some other version of that poster doing the rounds, where Kashi Bai (Sadaf Kanwal) has finally been added too, taakey koi kasar na bache.. at the exact same place!!.. I really can't believe that 🤣

@Sanam: Yeah that's the only thing that looks like a potential trouble that could come into Aan's life.. but tbh I somehow don't even see him as legit threat to Aan.. but let's see..
I too have the feeling - as opposed to as Intoxicated sees it - that Aan doesn't really have a love interest in Harib until the time he's confessing, considering the expressions of disbelief and shock on her face.. but it's Harib who out of frustration can't keep it to himself anymore- which as we discussed also makes sense.. he has all the reasons, whereas Aan doesn't really according to the situation atm. But yeah we can't really predict anything on that front,.. e.g if there's more leading to her wanting to jodo-fy her name with Harib other than his confession and her subsequent realizaton..
And absolutely, I'm so glad we can witness Osmaya in this avatar in Sanam 😳

It's a small side thingy but I love how Maya's tone of voice is deeper (=lower in pitch) than how we normally hear in other roles, ..idk what it s but it kinda makes her more relatable, and/or suits the maturity of Aan, and maybe it also reflects on Maya completely and comfortably owning Aan.. and also the tone of the equation between Osman and Maya.. like when she goes 'mujhe pata hai aap koi baat karna chahte hai' and he goes 'tum mujhe kitna samajhne lagi ho' (or sth like that).. it completely looks like to people out every day life talking to each other, nowhere close to carefully making sure of uttering every word super exactly and acting it out.. like totally in the flow if you get what I mean..

@annihilation that creation is super dreamy, love it!!
Edited by thinkagain - 7 years ago

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Cuz mujhse banti nahin hain 😆 I used to make them when I started on PS but it's too much of a hassle for me plus I prefer giffing so...

im sure after some practice they would be as perfect as your gifs
.Intoxicated. thumbnail
Oh God..seriously they added sadaf in there aswell..I cant believe it. Osman ainny do look good though but this absence of originality is so bad.
Watching that 2nd AaRib teaser, I do feel both Aan & Harib are in love, considering that intensity when Aan says to him he is the one whose name will be jodo-fy with her. Also that skipping part..that all looks they both are so in love.