Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Mais why dont you make sigs

Cuz mujhse banti nahin hain 😆 I used to make them when I started on PS but it's too much of a hassle for me plus I prefer giffing so...
sourmisery thumbnail
@thinkagain - I was listening to the audio of episode 9 while making gifs (to hunt for the exact text for the gifset) and just the way Sara was talking about herself in the whole scenario just put me off her all over again. Uski "MAIN" khatam hi nahin hoti. And maybe that's what she has always been. Selective about the troubles she wants to face and choosing to take the easy way out if she has the option available.

I completely understand and agree with your points about being happy with the ratings. Both are very much valid points which do favor my interests. But mera (being the keyword as its all very personal) issue ye hai ke I don't know the source of these numbers. Unlike say ratings for Korean dramas which I do follow and respect owing to their credible source, I don't know where these numbers come from for our primetime desi dramas. Unless we get an open source where all the numbers for major channels are posted...Hum can continue posting graphs with whatever numbers and I wouldn't care 😆 ANYWAY! The issue was Obi talking about ratings. Maya has been reposting the ratings since DeD days, so has Haseeb. But Obi has always remained quiet about them instead choosing to talk about the feedback they got from critics and general awaam alike. To read about him falling on the ratings defense albeit in a comment that is deleted...matlab yaar..na karo 😆

Also the negativity around Sanam in the critics circle is mostly rooted in disappointment and disbelief. It isn't to do with what's actually going on in the show than the whole, "how did this person/team end up doing something like this?" which is just channeled into the biting reviews nitpicking every thing in the show. There are shows with shittier story lines and logic going on. But since they all use familiar tropes and scenarios (with familiar faces) toh they just all blend together. Sanam, for the most part, stands out cuz it has a different tone and approach to it toh nazla iss bechare pe girta hai. Kasmey itnaaa bhi bura nahin hai ye >.<
thinkagain thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

And lostmymusic. mannn, those gifs are beautiful!

I know that bench scene is the popular favorite, but I just can't get over the scene where Harib's waiting for Aan and them talking on the phone afterwards ❤️

Harib's urge and his longing (in the sense of emotional support) for Aan were SO palpable... and on seeing her when he in great haste calls her and signals her to pick up... - ...one could literally feel the release of his tension on Aan just uttering Assalamualaikum', as if hearing her voice just does half the work.. like Harib just went silent, until Aan asked him to talk about his issue.. I'm probably reading too much into this scene, but I really don't care!!

I feel that scene is representative of the nature of Harib's feelings for Aan - my mind automatically forwarded to Harib's confession from the OST - the same restlessness and desperation a few scales higher!

Waise, apart from the Harib's confession and Aan's hug scene, I don't remember many scenes we haven't witnessed already now and they're still on platonic terms... not sure how I feel about this :/ Could mean a lack of their scenes until a sudden confession (I hope not)... or they just didn't add those proper falling-in-love scenes in the teasers/OST for whatever reason..

Undoubtedly Sanam's main point is the evolution of Aarib's bond and I guess that is also one of the fewer things the writer did handle with care!

thinkagain thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

@thinkagain - I was listening to the audio of episode 9 while making gifs (to hunt for the exact text for the gifset) and just the way Sara was talking about herself in the whole scenario just put me off her all over again. Uski "MAIN" khatam hi nahin hoti. And maybe that's what she has always been. Selective about the troubles she wants to face and choosing to take the easy way out if she has the option available.

I completely understand and agree with your points about being happy with the ratings. Both are very much valid points which do favor my interests. But mera (being the keyword as its all very personal) issue ye hai ke I don't know the source of these numbers. Unlike say ratings for Korean dramas which I do follow and respect owing to their credible source, I don't know where these numbers come from for our primetime desi dramas. Unless we get an open source where all the numbers for major channels are posted...Hum can continue posting graphs with whatever numbers and I wouldn't care 😆 ANYWAY! The issue was Obi talking about ratings. Maya has been reposting the ratings since DeD days, so has Haseeb. But Obi has always remained quiet about them instead choosing to talk about the feedback they got from critics and general awaam alike. To read about him falling on the ratings defense albeit in a comment that is deleted...matlab yaar..na karo 😆

Also the negativity around Sanam in the critics circle is mostly rooted in disappointment and disbelief. It isn't to do with what's actually going on in the show than the whole, "how did this person/team end up doing something like this?" which is just channeled into the biting reviews nitpicking every thing in the show. There are shows with shittier story lines and logic going on. But since they all use familiar tropes and scenarios (with familiar faces) toh they just all blend together. Sanam, for the most part, stands out cuz it has a different tone and approach to it toh nazla iss bechare pe girta hai. Kasmey itnaaa bhi bura nahin hai ye >.<

I get what you are saying - I don't know about any technicalities and how those TRP's are generated myself.. it's just that it's the only thing accessible to a regular person, so I just take it as it is.. Can't really say anything about their credibility, it's a valid question though, no doubt!

And on the Sanam critique... You're very right it's the 'disappointment' that's the leading drive - it really isn't that bura... if one could just stop expecting it to be a Diyare Dil! Sanam's better than 80% of the trash that's on air nowadays!

sourmisery thumbnail
Aaah...AaRib's progression! Something I'm itching to read/write more on

One thing that is done super well is the how the promos differ from the actual deal. Like the phonecall scene in this episode..from the promo/OST it gave me vibes of Aan pointedly ignoring Harib while he looked on at her with a certain sadness. But the actual scene was anything but that. So I'm not worried about promos not covering much ground in terms of AaRib. They did a fine enough job in half the OST bit allocated to them. And konsa we got what we thought the promos were saying 😆 The surprise factor has only worked positively so far. Still 11 episodes to go..pretty sure we'll get the falling in love deal properly.

The phone call bit was glorious specially due to Harib's restlessness. He called her the second he saw the van stop and she got out of it. Because bits like these put so much value to lines like, "Tum hi toh ho jo mere itne qareeb ho" and "Aan bohat close hai mujhse". There's a mutual respect between these two as well as an understanding which keeps them relaxed around each other. Anyway, in the phone call bit my personal fav was how Harib didn't say anything when she picked up the call and Aan had to get his attention. Kinda like calling her was a strong impulsive action but ab kya? But like always..she just saves him the trouble.

My personal favorite scene toh is the park scene at night. Aan just...gets Harib. She has figured out what to say and when. She knows when to be silent and let him vent, when to give advice..and when to just divert the topic altogether so that the conversation can end on a light note. And because it is like this I can headcanon stuff like their next topic of conversation being office ke kisse or talking about random stuff before they bid each other goodnight and head home. They just have that easy relationship with each other and best part is we have SEEN it progress from the start to here. That's just what the show has done flawlessly..
thinkagain thumbnail

True that! And I thought the same seeing that particular scene in the promos..! Yeah let's just get surprised on what the future episodes hold for us! I only care about Aarib really, that's why I got so annoyed seeing Ayla and Sheroze back in the precap - spare me that headache!!

I like the way you call it an impulsive action by Harib. He in a way (unknowingly?) wants to have her attention and the feeling of comfort that he finds in her presence. You can't blame him - after the death of his parents he dealt with one matlabi person after another.. and there's a woman/human being who respects/values him for the man he his, who wants good for him without any ulterior motive and has a way of talking to him that's almost therapeutical.. you don't want to let go of that kind of a person, even at the risk of maybe unconsciously getting a tad clingy - but then again Aan's the kinda person one doesn't run into danger with being like that.. she has that understanding for human emotion which morally elevates her to a position, where her background or anything other than her character truly doesn't matter..

Yeah man same, I love the park scene too, I just wanted to make sure the waiting/calling scene doesn't get neglected in its importance. 😆

And everything you said about it!! She just gets him, it's so satisfying to watch.. also just when Harib sits down next to her.. the way Aan looks at him so knowingly, compassionately.. As you put it, she exactly knows how to deal with him! Apart from the dialogues getting more importance also the lyrics of the OST, that may sound a little OTT at first have so much more meaning to them, the mujhpe hua koi karam bas tu hai' for example is one that I can think of right now.. gahh!! So true!

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Hayyee Abby..tum aur tumhari rating obsessions 😆

I just meant I didn't think of him as someone who'd use the Ratings Card as defense. Maaf kardo Abby Jaan main buss APNI baat kar rahi then when expressing surprise...falling back on the ratings defense is not a very commendable move in my book specially when the general opinion about the show is mixed at most.

"Falling back on the ratings defense"

Lol

Isnt that the main strongest most valid defence

Most popular shows get mixed response

Even humsafar did

But does that mean we ignore the trps

To b honest i wasnt expecting sanam to pick up with such high numbers eventually

I m kinda relieved that finally trps r picking up

And obi shudnt hv deleted the trp pick

As that pic is enuf to slap the bashers hard on the face

Every1 doesnt hv to like the show

But most of the times on social networking sites the bashing grp is always the loudest

So amongst that official pic of high trps is enuf to counter attack
fa.ri.ya. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sorry for jumping in this convo, but I am completely with you here. This show isn't half bad as most of the tripe we are getting in the name of dramas these days - or even a quarter. It has its fair share of bloopers but it's an entertaining watch. It's shot beautifully, acting is top notch, there is some serious character development which is missing in so many dramas, and of course - Osman & Maya with Haseeb Hasan is a deadly combo. The icing on the cake if I may say so. I really wish Haseeb does a movie with them because he not only knows their star power he utilizes their chemistry in so many different ways that sets the screen on fire.
fa.ri.ya. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

"Falling back on the ratings defense"

Lol

Isnt that the main strongest most valid defence

Most popular shows get mixed response

Even humsafar did

But does that mean we ignore the trps

To b honest i wasnt expecting sanam to pick up with such high numbers eventually

I m kinda relieved that finally trps r picking up

And obi shudnt hv deleted the trp pick

As that pic is enuf to slap the bashers hard on the face

Every1 doesnt hv to like the show

But most of the times on social networking sites the bashing grp is always the loudest

So amongst that official pic of high trps is enuf to counter attack

He didn't delete the pic because he didn't post it in the first place. He mentioned it in a comment.

Yes, there seems to be a silent majority that is not bashing the drama online but watching it and hence the high TRPs

annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

^Where is your stuff? 😳

Aayega. I just don't know when. 😆