Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

Husna is not Aan jo Harib (Mais) ne keh diya aur maine liya. 🤣

Mais, your thoughts on the episode. NOW!

PS I kid. 😆 This scene is on my list of to-work-on stuff.

Pssh! I knew there is no way you would've skipped editing on this scene! It was just such a visual treat! Also I have to update my IF icon so when editing, make a cutesy icon for me please 😳
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Here's the thing, the world becomes a better place when the camera focuses on Aan and Harib :') Eight weeks of living through, "What the eff are you saying?!" has pretty much immunized me to the golden gems these characters say time and time again. But aaj toh I was so busy going all #hearteyes towards AaRib sitting on the bench ke I didn't even waste one second cursing the person who was responsible of putting that horrendous scarf around Obi's neck. Ussi scarf se uss bande ka galla daba do. Which basically just explains why I'm watching this show in the first place.

I almost thought Aan might place her hand over Harib's or place it on Harib's shoulder in a bid to ask him to relax. Their scenes are quite nice as stand alone scenes but mostly when its in flow with the story I can either be found laughing or just seem stunned. 😆 Am I the only one then who thought he didn't look so bad with the scarf?

Khair.

It's like Sanam can't work when it has two mentally disturbed characters taking the screentime in one episode. Sara came in focus when Ayla was kicked out. Now precap is all Ayla with Sara in a guest appearance. Just a random observation I made, nothing too deep about it. Speaking of Sara..she is yet another addition to the list of Ye Kya Cheez Hai characters. The writer isn't even bothering to make Harib's past ladies sympathetic in any way. The lady was clearly regretting letting go of Harib not because she missed how he loved and cherished her but because he is rich. You know how messed up a character is when HARIB starts making sense! THINK ABOUT IT!!!! Every time HaRa were talking..all the sense was on Harib's side while Sara was being just Sara. With Ayla Harib was always so stuck on, "Ayla meri baat toh suno!" to make sense. So seeing Harib being the wise one...dil se waah waah nikal raha tha!

SO GLAD we didn't have to bear Sarah and Ayla together. I swear mera bheja fry ho jana tha if those two would appear in one episode. Yeah, Harib bada aur samjhdaar hogaya hai. 😳

I quite liked the dialogues this week which is not something I thought I'd say :P Specially in the last confrontation between Harib and Sara. SHUKAR ALLAHAMDULLILAH Obi's GopiBahu avatar has gone. He was realllyyy good in that scene. But ye toh I've always said that he nails the bits where he is on the edge of losing it/totally losing it. Anyway, it was just really so well written. Tells you how much Harib has changed from his initial, "Ayla Jaan" phase where everything was rosy and beautiful to this practical guy. And it's not like he has suffered from these emotions of heartbreak only once. Sara breaking up with him changed him until Ayla came along and he dared hope ke he found peace. Then Ayla happened. Now Sara is back again criticizing him for changing so drastically. Harib legit has NO reason to care for Sara but, as Amma said, it's the good side of his which still has him caring for Sara's troubles.

'Waqt ke badalne ka kisi ko afsos nahin hota, Harib. Lekin insaano ko nahin badalna chaiye. Kyunke jab insaan badalta hai na..toh dil bohat dukhta hai.'

'Nahin dukhna chaiye iss bechare dil ko. Usse bhi toh ehsaas hona chaiye ke insaan ko badalne wala sirf insaan hota hai. Badalte waqt ko kyun qusurwaar thehraya jae.'

SO SO SO SOOO GOOOD!!

I loved that dialogue too! What a comeback shut that Sarah ki bacchi. Burrrn. 😆 He's telling everyone straight out what he feels which is the exact opposite of what the old Harib used to do.

Amma officially adopted Harib and that made me almost cry. Though I kept chanting, "Aan ki shaadi Harib se karwado!" when they were discussing Harib settling down and Amma wishing that her daughter in law would be all khidmat guzar towards her. Kya yaar bana banaya match hai! Buss baat pakki karlo!

That moment was beauuutiful! 😳

If I was Aan I wouldn't have been smiling all purely when Sara was talking about how she used to cook for Harib and how he loves her dishes. I would've been all, "...okay" and escaped from there like the wind. Ek Ayla kaafi nahin thi kya? Which just talks about how unrealistically pure Aan is. Which is a writing flaw if I may say. Aisa kaise hosakta hai ke the other two ladies in Harib's life are sooo full of flaws and then you have Aan who is just all around right'. I know it makes shipping AaRib LOADS easier but kabhi kabhi matlab too much hojata hai.

Exactly, right? It came off as such a childish attempt to make Aan jealous of what she hasn't even begun feeling for. Aan should have rolled her eyes and cut short her bakwaas. Par Aan toh Aan tehri. 😆

A random Khurram scene which was so full of W*F**kery ke jaane do.

🤣 I was going to say something about this in my own post but it seemed rather inappropriate so I let it go. You said it though, thankyou! 🤣

The BEST bit is of course how Aan and Harib have progressed as friends. I specially loved the way Harib doesn't shy away from saying that Aan's friendship means a LOT to him. How he can talk to her without the fear of being judged and the way she is just always there for him. We've been seeing it these past episodes but to hear Harib confirming it all is just another kind of happiness. And phew! Sara didn't like Harib with Aan but thankfully there was no shit spewed like, "Oh tumhara chakkar chal raha hai!" I only wish Harib returns the support someday. Instead of just always leaning on Aan, she can turn to him for comfort. I loved that line of Aan saying, "Aisa toh nahin hai ke ab aapko meri madad ki zaroorat ho aur mujhe aapki toh hum iss bare mein sochen?" Yaas! THAT! Here for THAT! Gimme that!!

Precap - SHADYJAAN SHIP SAILS! YAAASS!!!!

Agreed. They have gone from calling each other neighbours to close friends who stick to each other through thick and thin.

Meaning, yeh Shehroze shuru se hi kamina tha? I'm confused. 😳

ETA - Mona Haseeb is giving takkar to Barry Allen when it comes to screwing up timelines. All these bloopers though 😆 Last week they said breakup of 8 saal hue hain, iss week it's 6. Harib was talking about Fatema as if he knows all about her but then it's told ke Sara never told him the kid's name. HOW is Sara reminding her of Ayla?! Dono apni apni jagah pe khaas piece hain but they don't have any resemblance. Or did I miss something? If anything it's Fatema who he should concerned about turning into another Ayla cuz of her temper and the whole separated parents thing.

I know nothing of the writers you spoke about. To me this show is a very subtle version of an Ekta's daily soap. 😆 Also, was it just me who found the entire Harib-Aan-Fatema bonding a little forced? Matlab ek dum se fatema meri jaan aur fatema mera baccha? 😳 I was convinced Fatema will give Harib and Aan a tough time but bacchi toh sirf pizza aur ice cream se hi maan gayi. 😆 I think Harib meant that yeh Sara bhi mera khoon chusne aa gayi when he compared her to Ayla. 😆

Edited by .annihilation. - 7 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail

I almost thought Aan might place her hand over Harib's or place it on Harib's shoulder in a bid to ask him to relax. Their scenes are quite nice as stand alone scenes but mostly when its in flow with the story I can either be found laughing or just seem stunned. 😆 Am I the only one then who thought he didn't look so bad with the scarf?

I am glad she didn't though! I loved seeing her just suppressing her giggles and listening with attention and even giving a, "I wonder what's for lunch tomorrow" look in between 🤣 Maybe I should watch the scene again properly cuz for once I didn't mind Aan's talks. She was just expressing a different opinion than Harib's exasperated one..trying to make him see Sara's side of things. Didn't really feel that she was forcing it down his throats unlike her previous conversations regarding Sara. LOL! Their scenes are the legit good thing about the show..I'm so not gonna do anything but enjoy them fully xD And YES! You are the only one who liked him in the scarf. It's such a weird thing to wear. I can't wrap my head around the IDEA of opting for a scarf 😆

SO GLAD we didn't have to bear Sarah and Ayla together. I swear mera bheja fry ho jana tha if those two would appear in one episode. Yeah, Harib bada aur samjhdaar hogaya hai. 😳

Imagine them in one scene though 🤣 Like you said..the ladies fighting it out for Harib's hand 🤣 Like it used to be..warriors fighting each other in tournaments for wanting to shaadi the princess. Same scene hota! 🤣

I loved that dialogue too! What a comeback shut that Sarah ki bacchi. Burrrn. 😆 He's telling everyone straight out what he feels which is the exact opposite of what the old Harib used to do.

HAI NA?!? Proper character development tbh. The passive Harib in front of Ayla was always annoying to watch. It's GREAT to see him NOT dilly dallying and coming straight to the point. Any other person would've given up but Sara special case hai toh she's gonna stick around it seems.

Exactly, right? It came off as such a childish attempt to make Aan jealous of what she hasn't even begun feeling for. Aan should have rolled her eyes and cut short her bakwaas. Par Aan toh Aan tehri. 😆

Yeah it was so PETTY! But I guess Sara is desperately clinging to her past with Harib and trying to one-up Aan. 'You may be friends with him in the present but we shared much more in the past'. Silly but makes sense.

🤣 I was going to say something about this in my own post but ot seemed rather inappropriate that I let it go. You said it, thankyou! 🤣

What even were the dialogues man? "Aan meri zindagi mein dobara rang bhar do". STFU Khurram. You are irrelevant!

Meaning, yeh Shehroze shuru se hi kamina tha? I'm confused. 😳

Aaah...Shady Shehroze I missed giving him gaalis 😳

I know nothing of the writers you spoke about. To me this show is a very subtle version of an Ekta's daily soap. 😆 Also, was it just me who found the entire Harib-Aan-Fatema bonding a little forced? Matlab ek dum se fatema meri jaan aur fatema mera baccha? 😳 I was convinced Fatema wilk give Harib and Aan a tough time but bacchi toh sirf pizza aur ice cream se hi maan gayi. 😆 I think Harib meant that yeh Sara bhi mera khoon chusne aa gayi when he compared her to Ayla. 😆

Mona Haseeb - Writer of Sanam
Barry Allen - aka The Flash. He has fondness for erasing timelines and creating different timelines on his whim which ends up erasing and changing SO MANY things it's annoying.

Wouldn't call it Ekta's soap but yeah it's unlike other desi dramas meaning it uses a whole different set of tropes. Agreed about Fatema bit. She so readily warmed up to Aan. Which again...Aan is a better mother figure to a child she has met for the first time than the child's own mother! Aan purfeckt hai. Aan can do no wrong. And your explanation of Ayla-Sara similarity is ekdum apt and I find nothing illogical in it 👏

Edited by lostmymusic. - 7 years ago
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This show is ALWAYS making me so hungry. You can safely say I'm more interested in zooming and looking at food in scenes where food is an element than I'm in Harib-Aan's dynamic.

AaRib's love story's title though : From Anda Parathas to Shaami Kebabs.

@Mais- Gotta go, be back with replies later.
Edited by .annihilation. - 7 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail

This show is ALWAYS making me so hungry. You can safely say I'm more interested in zooming and looking at food in scenes where food is an element than I'm in Harib-Aan's dynamic.

AaRib's love story's title though : From Anda Parathas to Shaami Kebabs.

@Mais- Gotta go, be back with replies later.

Not just that! In one episode they were at Steak Escape which has some really nice burgers. Last week Harib brought two bags of Pie in the Sky and made me crave cake SO BAD! Why do they always eat such delicious stuff all the time?! 😡
thinkagain thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Chalo Harib ko Ayla Fatima mai na sahi, Sara mai hi nazar agayi 😆

Waise Saraa is quite the selfish and convenient woman, and she doesn't even hide it! Her aklota maqsad for coming into that colony does seem to be Harib only! Having said that, from her point of view I do get her thoughts and feelings... she regrets abandoning him and couldn't get over him... if Harib still had feelings for her, this could have been a kismat connection'.. but sadly the times have changed!

Fatima - bless her - just wants to be loved and the stuff a kid wants from life.. which is why she was so lovely towards Aan and Harib.. She's chirchiri in front of Sara, because in her way of thinking her mother took her away from her father ... And as we got to know in the episode her father speaks ill of Sara in front of Fatima to add to that, so no wonder Fatima behaves the way she does. It would have been nice if they shed a bit more clarity on what the status between and Sara and her husband is; wasn't really clear to me! I'm curious to know which significance Fatima holds for the future story!

Waise did they now pretend to be a couple or just friends in front of her?? I didn't get that part either.. and it was a tad bit irrealistic the way they approached Fatima and how she bonded with them so quickly..and pehli mulaqat pe khud hi se bahir jaane ke plans bhi bana liye without asking Sara, wah bhayee. Sara was right when she said that Harib shouldn't tell and involve a stranger in this issue to be honest. Aan might be family to Harib, but she definitely isn't to Sara - so it was quite an immature move in this sense as well.

But enough of that, lemme move on!!

Aan-Harib! - Ahhh my Aarib/Osmaya heart <3 How cute and heartwarming is their bond?? From Harib waiting in his balcony for her to return from work to his impatience to talk to her! The peace on his face in her presence and after talking to her! The way Aan just senses his restlessness and manages to say just what he needs to hear at that very moment. Like that 'kuch zyada soch rahe hain aap' - Qurbaaan! Loved this scene on the bench at night! Yaar matlab ..what to say.. bas dil khush kardete hain yeh dono :') There is just so much sukoon, tranquility, peace and all the related words to their scenes, it calms one down

The show is now half way through, and neither Aan nor Harib have romantic feelings for each other... storywise I guess it's a good thing, but I was also low-key getting a little mad at Aan for so happily 'sending' Sara to Harib! Matlab kya yaar 😆

Coming to the precap - I didn't like it. I just don't need that Ayla negativity in my life 🥱

Also, I don't like reading other views before writing my own thoughts down, so I'm sorry if I just repeated what you guys have already written on here! Ab dekhti hoon, aap logon ke kya khyalaat hai 😛

On a side note: How absolutely stunning and hot is Maya looking in this new mobile ad? ❤️

Edited by thinkagain - 7 years ago
thinkagain thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@annihilation and @lostmymusic

Yes Aan is being shown as a flawless, always samjhdaar, farishta types of woman.. which is not a very realistic thing obviously.. just as noone can be as bad as Ayla.. The drama is stereotyping, but I guess we would have to accept what they're offering us..

Coming to Sara's love for Harib, I'm not that skeptical on that tbh-.. Ppl who put themselves first still can be in love with someone else... she ditched him back then, thought she'd move on.. but sometimes you just realize the worth of someone after you let them go.. she's not the saint (if you compare her to Aan) but someone who made mistakes, and while being married to another person and not receiving love, it's possible she realized she never felt for her husband the way she felt for Harib.. now she's come back, takes things into her hands and tries her luck.. The last conversation in the episode was quite powerful, it made the situation between both of them clear, and Harib finally took a stand for himself.. If Sara now still doesn't back off and carries on imposing herself on him, this is when Mona Haseeb will be succesful in creating Ayla 2.0 (in the sense of just being all out negative and not being a realistic balanced human being) and I would have to take all these words back 😆 ...also I don't think Sara is after Harib because of his money, or is it? I mean that's what a viewer can assume.. but she genuinely wants him back no?
Alizba63 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sarah is an absolute psychotic b**** lol. Loved the next promo Haha... Now both Ayla n Sarah will get into the boxing ring to face off and may the best psychotic b**** win! 🤣
fa.ri.ya. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Even with all the screentime Sara got in this episode, I loved it. Both scenes of Aan & Harib in the park were ❤️❤️
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Aan looks cute in pink dress, but man, this girl came from work, went to park with Harib, went to Sara's house, went for Pizza, back to park... very nice freedom.. 😆
I want to see Sara and Ayla face to face... Harib, oh boy! Aren't he a one lucky guy.😆