Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

KUR's characters talk in a way that just doesn't look real from any angle! KON daily conversations mein itni philosophy jhadhta hai?! But his shows mein it all ends up working...Yousuf-Zulekha barely had ten scenes together 🤣 I exaggerate but they spent more time apart than together. So i doubt they'd be uploaded anywhere. Dailymotion has the episodes uploaded in such clear 720p quality *__* I haven't saved ALL the dialogues that I love from the show..just a few that really blew me away when I watched the episode. Surprisingly, or not, the show was quite popular on tumblr..

Agreed. But I think that worked really well in the show's favour. I loved how all of them talked in riddles, puzzles, gol gol ghumao gehri baatien. 😆 Especially Zulekha's ammi and Hajira. Afiya begum toh jaise jab bhi muh kholti toh patakhe niklate the. Her attitude was so killer! 🤣 IKR? They BARELY had any scenes together. 😳 Under any other scenario, that would fetch negative points from me but then again, THAT too worked in the show's favour. That soul connection, that tadap, that devotion they had for each other was uff sadqe jawan types.

Imma search YT pura upar se neeche for some scenes 'cause I need to gif on them atleast once now. Oh meaning, tumblr wasiyon ka taste acha hai.
Edited by .annihilation. - 7 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

Agreed. But I think that worked really well in the show's favour. I loved how all of them talked in riddles, puzzles, gol gol ghumao gehri baatien. 😆 Especially Zulekha's ammi and Hajira. Afiya begum toh jaise jab bhi muh kholti toh patakhe niklate the. Her attitude was so killer! 🤣 IKR? They BARELY had any scenes together. 😳 Under any other scenario, that would fetch negative points from me but then again, THAT too worked in the show's favour. That soul connection, that tadap, that devotion they had for each other was uff sadqe jawan types.

Imma search YT pura upar se neeche for some scenes 'cause I need to gif on them atleast once now. Oh meaning, tumblr wasiyon ka taste acha hai.

Hina Bayat was SOOO amazing in the show. Afia Begum was such a killer character. She got to say some of the best lines in the show. I still die over that exchange between her and Noor Muhammad where he goes, "Meri zindagi ke 25 saal barbaad kar diye tum ne!" and she bellows, "25 nahin, 50! Mere 25 saal bhi maane rakhte hain!" or something like that. My standing ovation was real! Tbh I didn't notice the lack of scenes together until my friend VMed on them and she complained about how hard it was to make cuz they barely had any proper scenes together. Cuz the story dealt with them so well..they used to have phone conversations or just talking about the other with someone else. Yousuf's love was so junooni from the beginning but it's Zulekha with her practical approach that has my heart. Because you really saw her ending up loving Yousuf..not just some grand idea of him but him the person who loved her so dearly and deeply

I'd say download the epis from dailymotion. It's one show I'd recommend to be saved as a part of one's drama library..
annihilation thumbnail

Hina Bayat was SOOO amazing in the show. Afia Begum was such a killer character. She got to say some of the best lines in the show. I still die over that exchange between her and Noor Muhammad where he goes, "Meri zindagi ke 25 saal barbaad kar diye tum ne!" and she bellows, "25 nahin, 50! Mere 25 saal bhi maane rakhte hain!" or something like that. My standing ovation was real!

Indeed. Every frame of hers screamed about her life which has all been about zilat and spoke volumes about her pain even when she didn't have anything to say.

Tbh I didn't notice the lack of scenes together until my friend VMed on them and she complained about how hard it was to make cuz they barely had any proper scenes together. Cuz the story dealt with them so well..they used to have phone conversations or just talking about the other with someone else. Yousuf's love was so junooni from the beginning but it's Zulekha with her practical approach that has my heart. Because you really saw her ending up loving Yousuf..not just some grand idea of him but him the person who loved her so dearly and deeply

TBH, I found a little hard to connect to both Yousuf and Zulekha initially because ek dum se itna junoon out no where doesn't make sense. As in they barely had a foundation or a build up to their love story for them to go bonkers for each other. But eventually Yousuf began growing on me and then Zulekha too. She baffled me at times with 'pyaar hua nahi hai, shayad ho jayega' logic because, girl, a guy out there is all set to even give up his life for you and you'd go, 'umm, I don' t know, not now, may be later' sorts. 😳 However, I realised its not quite possible to truly love a man who you know nothing about and who, apparently, has fallen in love with you primarily because your name happens to be zulekha.

I'd say download the epis from dailymotion. It's one show I'd recommend to be saved as a part of one's drama library..

I know. Net issues are the pain though and so is disk space issues. 😵

Word Count: 1

sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

Indeed. Every frame of hers screamed about her life which has all been about zilat and spoke volumes about her pain even when she didn't have anything to say.

She even had this jhoomar style challa that she wore in her pinky finger and that was such a badass style statement. Afia Begum toh radiated style, attitude, and substance.

TBH, I found a little hard to connect to both Yousuf and Zulekha initially because ek dum se itna junoon out no where doesn't make sense. As in they barely had a foundation or a build up to their love story for them to go bonkers for each other. But eventually Yousuf began growing on me and then Zulekha too. She baffled me at times with 'pyaar hua nahi hai, shayad ho jayega' logic because, girl, a guy out there is all set to even give up his life for you and you'd go, 'umm, I don' t know, not now, may be later' sorts. 😳 However, I realised its not quite possible to truly love a man who you know nothing about and who, apparently, has fallen in love with you primarily because your name happens to be zulekha.

You're not the only one. It was hard to buy any sincerity in Yousuf initially cuz he was acting like such a roadside Romeo. He just saw a girl, fell for her cuz destiny and then started doing all these crazy things for her without thinking about her circumstances. Later when he actually became sincere and started to respect her say in the matter did he become a lead worth rooting for. Zulekha's love for Yousuf was questioned by the viewers for the most run of the show. But the girl had SO much going on in her life, did she really have the time to think about some stranger's obsession with her? She always used her head till she no longer could. Plus, her conversation with Yousuf where she tells him outright that real love happens with someone's character..not name or face.

I know. Net issues are the pain though and so is disk space issues. 😵

My bro got me a 1 TB external hard drive so I went on a rampage collecting and downloading dramas 🤣

annihilation thumbnail

She even had this jhoomar style challa that she wore in her pinky finger and that was such a badass style statement. Afia Begum toh radiated style, attitude, and substance.

Exactly. Every time she left Noor lajawab, I cheered for her dil hi dil mein. 😆

You're not the only one. It was hard to buy any sincerity in Yousuf initially cuz he was acting like such a roadside Romeo. He just saw a girl, fell for her cuz destiny and then started doing all these crazy things for her without thinking about her circumstances. Later when he actually became sincere and started to respect her say in the matter did he become a lead worth rooting for. Zulekha's love for Yousuf was questioned by the viewers for the most run of the show. But the girl had SO much going on in her life, did she really have the time to think about some stranger's obsession with her? She always used her head till she no longer could. Plus, her conversation with Yousuf where she tells him outright that real love happens with someone's character..not name or face.

That's quite right. Why would any girl for a roadside fellow's unhealthy obsession with her when she didn't know him AT all that too when she had make a choice between khai and kuwan. For the longest of time, I questioned Zulekha's love too like Madiha did but eventually began to understand her and her love for him. That's actually quite like the way a woman loves, if a man destroys himself physically out there in the world, she destroys herself emotionally in her own little world. Both die a sort of death, just in different ways though.

My bro got me a 1 TB external hard drive so I went on a rampage collecting and downloading dramas 🤣

Lucky you! 😆

PS Aren't Tajee and Madiha the best of friends people could have? 😳 Granted they were selfish at times but that was more because of how much they valued Yousuf than for their own vested interests.

sourmisery thumbnail
^Daaji, yes. Madiha...no. I used to REALLYYY like Madiha. But then she became annoying with her martyr talks and always trying to act high and mighty in her love for Yousuf. She basically always underestimated Zulekha and measured her love for Yousuf with very shallow standards. I'm sure if Madiha and Yousuf did end up marrying, she would've been the type of wife who never lets her husband forget his past love. There was this one phone convo that Z and M had when Yousuf was in jail and Z just snaps at Madiha for always questioning her feelings. Matlab level tha uss scene ka yaar! 👏 For real!! Maya should do more Zulekhas than Mannu!
annihilation thumbnail
I beg to differ.

I personally feel I have more reasons to understand Madiha better than Zulekha. As in, there's more clarity to Madiha than there is to Zulekha. Madiha loved Yousuf right from her childhood, he's as much as a family to her as he is to Tajee, she doesn't back away from helping out Yousuf whenever possible risking her own reputation, safety, self-respect and feelings, she's been there as a pillar of support along with Tajee through Yousuf's journey of love and never once surrendered to threat or gave up on him or gave up fighting for him, both tajee and Madiha were there with Yousuf even when they didn't have to.

When such a girl who loved Yousuf as much Zulekha did and at every step proved herself, all the while maintaining a silence questions Zulekha's love for Yousuf, then I don't blame her. She was making sure Yousuf isn't wasting himself over a girl who wouldn't go to the same lengths as he would. She's been instrumental in bringing them both together, imo. In a way she broke Zulekha but in doing so, she helped her to get stronger and come out as a woman who doesn't fear anything or any person. I think Madiha's condition of Nikah happening in presence of Zulekha was to break that final straw. To test both Yousuf and Zulekha and to make them realise that they couldn't possibly live without each other. I don't say she didn't have flaws of her own, she did but she was also a woman whose love remain unrequited.

Agreed though, Maya's best performance I have seen so far. In Farah, Aan and Zulekha, her portrayal of Zulekha tops for me.
Edited by .annihilation. - 7 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
^Yeah but Madiha never gave off the feeling that she was doing all the "breaking Zulekha" things to make her realize her feelings for Yousuf. I agree that she was concerned about Y wasting his life over someone not worth it. I haven't revisited the show ever since it ended so I don't have particular moments to cite but halfway through M had...changed. Maybe it's because I was more emotionally invested in Z. There was just something in the tone with which she spoke to Z that annoyed me. Madiha had always loved Yousuf, it's something that came naturally to her. She didn't have any restrictions when it came to nurturing those feelings except the whole Y being Daaji's brother like best friend. She had wanted the same unrestricted feelings from Z without realizing that Z's conditions were inherently different than M. Z didn't have the luxury to love Y like M did. Yes, the last condition of Z being at their nikaah was her way to check whether Z would succumb or stubbornly stay true to her resolve. It's just the things she did in the middle. Some part of her was making sure Z was worth Y but the other was just lowkey comparing and scoffing at Z with the whole 'tumhara pyaar bhi koi pyaar hai?' type of attitude. Also, I don't think Z was ever really affected by Madiha. She was very well aware of what M felt for Y and accepted it. Z never had to prove anything to M and when she did so, it was done after losing patience. Y and Z had a very strange relationship...M just wanted to measure it by standards she could come to terms with when both Y and Z couldn't care less for any of them.
Husna are you watching MNYH? Thats Mayas best show <3
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Loved Maya as Mannu . Some parts of that show were really bad but most of it was very different ( as a love story ) and entertaining , in my opinion that is . The show 's huge success is largely due to the lead couple .
I thought Maya did even better than Hamza Abassi .

The first few episodes , she was like this adorable little doll who you just fell in love with and then Salahudin totally ruined her life . Even when he was trying to help her , he was somewhere hurting her . Little by little , Mannu was breaking and she just did not know how to pick the pieces .

It was a complex role but Maya gave it life and soul . She looked breathtakingly beautiful in extremely simple clothes ...She looked so gorgeous that one could understand why Salahudin just cannot get over her .

That scene where Maya breaks down on the floor crying , that made me cry as well. Felt so bad for the mess her life was in .
Felt bad throughout the show for Mannu , she was heartbreakingly beautiful right from the first episode
Edited by Tanyaz - 7 years ago