Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: MoonBow.

@Justmoi:

You can watch some of the recent Jyothika's IV she said that she didnt regret quitting cinema back then cos she decided marriage and kids had to happen at a specific time.. And for the talent and ability, they can still continue to act. Jyo definitely doesnt want to be a main stream heroine with skimpy clothes. With her hubby owning a production house, she is able to pick and choose what type of films she wanna do now..

And yes, without sorting out her responsibilities as a mom and wife, i doubt she can give 100% to her career. So she took her time but she is back and is going to do her 2nd film after marriage. And no, they are not against her doing films.

Not everyone wants to continue acting even after marriage. And not everyone wants to place career ahead of family.

I have no problem with Jyo choosing to stay at home or not working after marriage. What I have a problem is Sivakumar (her fil and not as successful as her) saying her priorities are kids, husband and career in an event for her movie.Who is he to set her priorities ? That is interfering. Jyo has said her mil made her speak only in Tamil. She is a muslim north Indian, IDK if she converted but she seems like a proper Tamil Hindu girl now. All this speaks to a level of control from the in laws which is disturbing and this is a film family with a husband who is an actor, a very successful actor and she was a top actress.
Edited by Justmoi - 8 years ago
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: yamyam

Parents pressure nahi daal rahe honge.. he himself is using them to cover up his chauvinism in that case.. Hide under the garb of being an obedient son to cover up the fact that you are a pathetic husband

The parents might be silently encouraging him. I remember an interview after these two got married and the father's snippet was about how shy, quiet and perfect his son was and how he didn't have any bad habits. His opinion about Amala was that she was too bubbly (when things go wrong , other words would be used to describe the same character). Now they can get him a girl who suits their personality better.
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

There are very few industry people in the South who actually want their daughter or wife to be part of the industry. I guess it's because the industry has got that bad a reputation and these men know it first hand.

Like Jyothika's case elaborated by Justmoi, Manju Warrier was more famous than her husband when they married. They finally had to divorce before she could make a comeback. He tried everything he could to sabotage her career including telling potential lead actors and producers/directors to reject her.

What I didn't like in this case was how Vijay brought in his parents and is conveniently using them to take the blame for a decision that is actually his. Now he can continue to be the nice, shy, obedient guy who unfortunately 'made a mistake'

Manju Warrier made the original Malayalam movie (a very woman friendly movie) which was the comeback Tamil remake for Jyothika. But in this case her husband Surya produced it.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

The parents might be silently encouraging him. I remember an interview after these two got married and the father's snippet was about how shy, quiet and perfect his son was and how he didn't have any bad habits. His opinion about Amala was that she was too bubbly (when things go wrong , other words would be used to describe the same character). Now they can get him a girl who suits their personality better.

Sure.. they must be encouraging and supporting him.. What I mean is that he is not doing this because thats what his parents want.. He did not want his wife to work and so is divorcing her now.. He is putting the whole blame on his parents
All this does not stand for me if they indeed had decided before wedding that she would not work
BullsEye777 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Manju Warrier made the original Malayalam movie (a very woman friendly movie) which was the comeback Tamil remake for Jyothika. But in this case her husband Surya produced it.

I have seen Manju's 'How Old are you' and can understand why that script would be considered appropriate for a susheel married woman
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Must say it's a coincidence that Jyothika's name has cropped up when her first co-star, Akshaye, is making his nth comeback..
Breath-Mark thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Justmoi

I have no problem with Jyo choosing to stay at home or not working after marriage. What I have a problem is Sivakumar (her fil and not as successful as her) saying her priorities are kids, husband and career in an event for her movie.Who is he to set her priorities ? That is interfering. Jyo has said her mil made her speak only in Tamil. She is a muslim north Indian, IDK if she converted but she seems like a proper Tamil Hindu girl now. All this speaks to a level of control from the in laws which is disturbing and this is a film family with a husband who is an actor, a very successful actor and she was a top actress.

What? Sivakumar is not as successful as her? In what world? He is a really popular actor.

She was a hindu through and through. Her dad is a Hindu and her mom converted before marrying him. As for surya's mother, she said she needs tamil to be spoken in their household. Jo worked in the industry for over 8-9 years and she didnt pick up the language. Thats really sad.. I mean now Tamannah and other foreign actresses do pick the lingo fast. So she managed to and now she is really fluent. In fact she thanked her.

Why do you make it seem, that someone is uncomfy with the changes they are actually willing to do.
Edited by MoonBow. - 8 years ago
Aweeeecute thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
tbh in this matter bollywood is so much better
i know some movies are sexist but still so many bollywood actress make come back and husbands support them
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail + 7
Kuch aur baat hogi
It looks like an excuse
Breath-Mark thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Anachronist

welcome ji
I dont think she agreed , yeh ghatiya insaan doing bakwaas under pressure from his parents

"We are sure that by now you have heard that Amala Paul and Vijay will be tying the knot soon. We'd also told you that Amala will be quitting films post her wedding. So is this her decision alone or has Vijay asked her to quit film? Well, Amala says, "I have no plans to act after marriage. Family will be my first priority after the wedding. Post marriage, if any exciting offer comes my way, I might think about it. Right now, I am excited about my wedding arrangements and I am very happy in the current phase of my life. I am currently working on only one Malayalam film, which is titled Mili. I have not signed on any new projects now."

What more. She even rubbishes reports about her being confused about the decision to get married. She told a popular daily, "I am not confused at all about the decision. Nobody forced me to take this decision to tie the knot. I wholeheartedly took this decision and I am very determined about it."

Edited by MoonBow. - 8 years ago