Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hijab777 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
I agree with most people here like girls are looked in a different way when they are overweight. It is variety of thigns that includes both media and parents. And come on guys, we have to accept the reality girl and guys no matter are loved/like when they are thin, slender and whatever. And no one nowadays, looks how you are person from inside except your true friends 😭
iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think the most important thing is to look fit. Other things like height or beauty are not as important but one shouldn't look unhealthy, and this goes for the guys as well.
Bolly*_Crazed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zoe89

...Yah..well...I Know they can get upset..if someone jus automatically...turns around and tells you that your fat....But I Have never seen a such thing happening...i dont think someone cod jus say to a person...YOUR FAT...

well gal wat part of the world do you cum from cos am pretty sure all the overweight ppl of the world wud luv to liv there

Well...Sure..tell them to join..cuz the skool I go to ...That kind of stuff dont happen...maybe "the part of the world YOU..live in is just..to cruel"...Cuz I Dont noe what Kind of person..wood turn around and tell a person they barely noe..that YOUR over weight..GO LOOSE WIEGHT...(well obviosly at that point a girl..will feel self conscious.and discouraged..duhh!!).....Not even your friends wood do such a thing....Id understand if your saying..the people(as in other girls..and guyz..in your skool)are talking behind the persons bak!.... But someone cood say that...If ppl are talking behind a persons ak,..they will noe or find out!..WELL!...The person wood have to be relly over weight..If its so obvious to them...there getting so many pplz attention.BUT..thats not the only thing...there at the same time..going to be unhealthy..so the person shood try to loose the weight...and try to become healthier..as its not only physical..appearance..ones life cood be depending on this! ..And U Mind..Just like..U I have the right to tell what I Believe..so just..try to act..a little..mature..its ok to disagree but I Dont think the sarcasm..is needed Edited by Bolly*_Crazed - 17 years ago
reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -xx-Roohani-xx-

I just think girls and guys should be healthy and that's it.

I mean,if ur just bigboned,guy or girl BUT healthy it's ALL gooood.

But,if you are over weight and unhealthy,it doesn't matter about the looks,it should matter about what is inside of you and the fact that you should stay healthy.

Get what I mean,it's not what's on the outside,but on the inside? 😳

MuchLove,

Roohani

You make a veryy good point hun but,  there is NO such thing as being "big boned", example, two 14 year old girls. One weighs 110 lbs, and the other 200 or even another girl with the weight inbettween in there age gruope. there generally bone structure is the same. So saying some one is "big boned" is just a 'myth' and a sad excuss. Im not saying being over weight is a good thing, but being 'big boned' dosent exist 😊

Reeha

Zoe89 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bolly*_Crazed

well gal wat part of the world do you cum from cos am pretty sure all the overweight ppl of the world wud luv to liv there

Well...Sure..tell them to join..cuz the skool I go to ...That kind of stuff dont happen...maybe "the part of the world YOU..live in is just..to cruel"...Cuz I Dont noe what Kind of person..wood turn around and tell a person they barely noe..that YOUR over weight..GO LOOSE WIEGHT...(well obviosly at that point a girl..will feel self conscious.and discouraged..duhh!!).....Not even your friends wood do such a thing....Id understand if your saying..the people(as in other girls..and guyz..in your skool)are talking behind the persons bak!.... But someone cood say that...If ppl are talking behind a persons ak,..they will noe or find out!..WELL!...The person wood have to be relly over weight..If its so obvious to them...there getting so many pplz attention.BUT..thats not the only thing...there at the same time..going to be unhealthy..so the person shood try to loose the weight...and try to become healthier..as its not only physical..appearance..ones life cood be depending on this! ..And U Mind..Just like..U I have the right to tell what I Believe..so just..try to act..a little..mature..its ok to disagree but I Dont think the sarcasm..is needed

jeez...it was only supposed 2 b a joke no need 2 take it 2 heart😕 neway y shld a person loose weight just bcos sum1 wants them 2...its their life, their body so only they have the right 2 do what they want 2 do it...y shud they loose weight bcos sum1's told them 2?

i wasnt stoppin u from stating ur opinion i merely disagreed wiv it n its not my fault if u tuk it the wrong way😕 u cant just say tht 'like..U I have the right to tell what I Believe' n then penalize me for writin wat i think.... u cnt hav it both ways u know😊

Bolly*_Crazed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zoe89

Well...Sure..tell them to join..cuz the skool I go to ...That kind of stuff dont happen...maybe "the part of the world YOU..live in is just..to cruel"...Cuz I Dont noe what Kind of person..wood turn around and tell a person they barely noe..that YOUR over weight..GO LOOSE WIEGHT...(well obviosly at that point a girl..will feel self conscious.and discouraged..duhh!!).....Not even your friends wood do such a thing....Id understand if your saying..the people(as in other girls..and guyz..in your skool)are talking behind the persons bak!.... But someone cood say that...If ppl are talking behind a persons ak,..they will noe or find out!..WELL!...The person wood have to be relly over weight..If its so obvious to them...there getting so many pplz attention.BUT..thats not the only thing...there at the same time..going to be unhealthy..so the person shood try to loose the weight...and try to become healthier..as its not only physical..appearance..ones life cood be depending on this! ..And U Mind..Just like..U I have the right to tell what I Believe..so just..try to act..a little..mature..its ok to disagree but I Dont think the sarcasm..is needed

jeez...it was only supposed 2 b a joke no need 2 take it 2 heart😕neway y shld a person loose weight just bcos sum1 wants them 2...its their life, their body so only they have the right 2 do what they want 2 do it...y shud they loose weight bcos sum1's told them 2?

i wasnt stoppin u from stating ur opinion i merely disagreed wiv it n its not my fault if u tuk it the wrong way😕u cant just say tht 'like..U I have the right to tell what I Believe' n then penalize me for writin wat i think.... u cnt hav it both ways u know😊

Ok..So N E ways...Someone prolly woodnt loose there weight cuz someone told em to...but they might if they want to themselves...Im sure no girl want wood like to stay overwieght there whole lives...Unless some do..So it relly depends on you!
KiranSD1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I agree its for both genders. I hate when parents esp desi parents, tell you lose weight, lose weight! Do they want us to get a eating disorder?

Originally posted by: KiranSD1

I agree its for both genders. I hate when parents esp desi parents, tell you lose weight, lose weight! Do they want us to get a eating disorder?

Nope.  They want you to lead a healthier life.  I am sure they tell you to lose weight via eating healthy and exercising.  If kids/teens are overweight during their growing years when their metabolic rate is at its peak - just imagine where would they go by the time they hit their 40's when the metabolic rate slows down significantly!

Additionally, the earlier one starts working out, the more lean muscles they can build which will come in really handy during old age when the skeleton systems grows weak and can't support the body anymore.

Since parents are closer to their old age than the kids - they can see the age-related problems better than the kids.  They can also look back and see where they messed their lives up.  Hence, they tell their kids to stay healthy.
KiranSD1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Nope. They want you to lead a healthier life. I am sure they tell you to lose weight via eating healthy and exercising. If kids/teens are overweight during their growing years when their metabolic rate is at its peak - just imagine where would they go by the time they hit their 40'swhen the metabolic rate slows down significantly!

Additionally, the earlier one starts working out, the more lean muscles they can build which will come in really handy during old age when the skeleton systems grows weak and can't support the body anymore.

Since parents are closer to their old age than the kids - they can see the age-related problems better than the kids. They can also look back and see where they messed their lives up. Hence, they tell their kids to stay healthy.

but that depends on the parent, in my P.O.V with my parents, they want you to lose weight even tho you are at a healthy weight. they want you to get skinnier and skinner like their friends daughters.

Originally posted by: KiranSD1

but that depends on the parent, in my P.O.V with my parents, they want you to lose weight even tho you are at a healthy weight. they want you to get skinnier and skinner like their friends daughters.

hmmm...if that is the case, then they are wrong. 

Sometimes, we don't want to listen to our parents because what they are asking us to do requires good time management and healthy eating habits.  Why would parents of a healthy weight child see him or her as overweight?

Here's my take though - even if one have a healthy weight - they should still start exercising regularly....in case they are not doing it right now.  Our weight could be all fat weight or lean muscle weight or a combo of both.  Hence, I do not go by the weighing scale.  I go by the how toned and lean someone's physique looks like.  So, we may think all your weight is healthy weight but it may not be so in reality. 

Sorry for blabbering.  I am big on exercising - be it brisk walking, cardio, strength training, yoga, pilates, or any sport.  Regularity is the key here.  Rest, we can play with as and when we want.