Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simplesweety1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Nooo!  Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plzzz Update Soonnn! I'm So Impatiently Waiting For The Update!
Curlyhairdiary thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

As promised, Part 3 is here.. thank u so much for your lovely comments! Enjoy!

Dev's face drained of color. He didn't know what to do. He had never felt this helpless before. Not even during Sonakshi's accident, when he had a clear goal, to keep her talking. But here, Sonakshi was unconscious. He didn't know if she was even breathing. Ishwari and the inspector were yelling at him to let her hand go. They had to get her to the hospital. Suddenly, he jerked into action. He picked her up and placed her in the ambulance. He never let go of her hand even once. He kept crying out her name on their way to the hospital. A steady stream of tears kept running down his face. Ishwari hadn't stopped praying once. She begged to the almighty above to save sona's life. If something happened to her she would end up losing her son and her new found daughter too.. She couldn't understand how she could ever doubt sonakshi.. she realised her insecurities were baseless.

On reaching the hospital Dr Sinha's team started working on Sonakshi in the trauma room itself.

"Mr Dixit" Dr sinha said, "You need to wait outside"

"Im not leaving her" Dev growled.

A nurse came running and said " OR 1 is ready"

Dr Sinha opened his mouth to respond when every alarm on Sonakshi's monitor went off. Her pressure was so low that the sensitive machine was having trouble registering it. The pulse-ox that measured the oxygen in her blood was dropping fast and as her heart rate sped up she was throwing  odd rhythms " We're losing her" he said.

Ishwari and some other ward boys managed to drag Dev out of the room. He watched through the glass as the heart of the most important girl in his life sputtered alone, fighting to keep beating.

"Come on, Sona" said Dev, whispering encouragement to her failing rhythm.

"Clear" called out Dr sinha, but before he could do anything more, the jagged shark tooth pattered of v-fib, suddenly stopped and the room was filled with a high pitched sound that told them, without looking, that Sonakshi Bose's heart was in asystole, no electrical activity, no cardiac activity, no blood being pumped to vital organs.

Her heart had stopped.

"NO!" Dev yelled, causing Ishwari to once again restrain him as he tried to go back in the room.

The team of doctors started performing compressions on sonakshi, in every effort to keep her alive.

"Dev" said Ishwari " Beta, dekh meri taraf"

Dev dragged his gaze away from Sonakshi, and Ishwari felt as though she had just been punched when she looked into his eyes. She had never seen such utter despair before.

Neha, nikki, riya, tina and the rest of the Bose family also reached the hospital. Asha and Bijoy couldn't stop crying as saurabh, elena and neha tried to calm them down.

As they watched, Dev's reaction told Ishwari more than he ever could have. It was Sonakshi. She was the one.

The team of doctors tried their hardest to keep sonakshi alive. The minutes passed slowly.

Dev died a thousand times in those long minutes. It felt to him as if the weight of the world hung in the balance, and all he could do was watch when someone else took Sonakshi's life in their hands.

There was nothing left for him to do but wait.

The activity continued in the trauma room when Dr Sinha stepped forward, causing Dev's breath to catch in his throat.

"Time of death, 1643h"

Ishwari felt as if her heart had stopped as well, and the utter sorrow she felt for her son standing next to her. She turned to say something to him, only to find he wasn't there any more.

Dev rushed into the room " Why are you stopping?" "Patients come back after no cardiac activity all the time, sonakshi told me this herself" He yelled, moving over to the table, and resuming the compressions that Dr Sinha had stopped. " She's not dead. She cant be dead."

Ishwari followed him into the room, and moved to stand by him, but the wild look in Dev's eyes kept her frozen by the door.

His hands started a steady movement. One and two and three and four and five. He soon found himself lost in the rhythm. " Come on, sona. Wake up. You gotta wake up"

Dr Sinha, at a loss, stepped forward and continued to pump air in Sonakshi's lungs.

"Lets go, Sonakshi" Dev said. One and two and three and four. " Wake up. Come on, wake up!!" His voice, which had been cajoling before, had now started to take on a frantic note. " Wake up Sonakshi. You promised."

"You cant leave me Sonakshi" Dev said, his compressions continuing. One and two and three and four. " You promised me forever! You promised! Please Sona! Dont leave me!" Tears were running unchecked down his face as he tried so desperately to keep the blood flowing through her body. Sobs were racking him, but he didn't stop. " I love you, Sonakshi! You cant leave, we just got started!"

A small but silent crowd had begun to gather outside the room. The Dixit family and Bose family were standing and weeping. Asha was inconsolable. Bijoy looked grief stricken.

They weren't crying just for Sonakshi though. But Dev as well. To see him as he tried to revive her was to watch a man having his heart ripped out right before them.

His movements were controlled, but his face was showing the powerlessness he felt. If there was anyone standing there who had ever doubted Dev Dixit's ability to love, that thought was forever banished as he desperately tried to bring Sonakshi back to him.

"Baby please!" he cried desperately. "You said forever. You said you'd never leave me" One and two and three and four. " Wake up sona, please baby, come on!"

She was growing paler, and Dr Sinha stepped forward, " Mr Dixit, you have to stop"

"No" Dev said, shaking his head, past reason. " She just needs a second. Come on sweetheart. Open your eyes for me! You cant leave me! Sona, please!

"Dev" Ishwari said tentatively, "Beta, She's gone"

"No Maa" " She isn't!" He was sobbing and choking on his own words. "WAKE UP, SONAKSHI!" He hoarsely screamed out the last part.

Ishwari began to pull him away from her still body.

Dev suddenly ripped out of her grasp and slammed his fist on Sonakhi's chest.

The caridiac monitor beeped once and everyone held their breath. It beeped again and then again. The rhythm was slow, but it was there and it was real.

Sonakshi's heart was pumping on its own.

"She's back" Dr Sinha said in shock.

Dev moved above her head and leaned down, kissing her forehead. "Thank you" he whispered. " Thank you, God"

"We have to get her in surgery immediately" Dr Sinha said " Mr Dixit, do you understand? You need to let go"

Dev kissed her and whispered his thanks one more time, and stepped back as they wheeled Sonakshi out the room and in the OR. He followed the gurney as far as he could, but eventually he just couldn't go any further. Slumping against the wall, Dev slid down and cradled his knees. Then, no longer fighting for Sonakhi's life, he gave into the wave of grief which suddenly consumed him.

Dev sobbed even harder as remembered the past moments they had spent together. Sonakshi had been so certain, so positive that they would have a future together. She was like that, all eternal optimism and quiet conviction. She didn't deserve this. She had done nothing more than take a chance on him, even when all common logic said that he was a bad risk.

He heard Ishwari sit down next to him, he lifted his tear drenched eyes to look at his mother. No words were exchanged between them. No apologies were uttered. But Ishwari apologized a thousand times with her eyes, truly understanding the extent of Dev's love for Sonakshi. She recognized this love. This was the love she had for Dev's father. She realized all her insecurities and fears were baseless. Dev and Sonakshi were meant to be. No force on earth could keep them apart. Without uttering a word, for the first time, both mother and son truly understood each other. Ishwari took Dev in her arms as he kept his head on her lap and cried for the woman he loved and had almost lost. He knew nothing could keep him away from Sona now, his mother not only understood but wanted them together.

A few hours passed and Dr sinha came out of the OR. "How is she?" Dev asked.

"She's still intubated and she lost a good amount of blood. The road to recovery will take some time but she's gonna be fine"

Dev nodded, tears pooling in his eyes again " I want to see her"

"Give us an hour, then you can see her"

As he walked away, Dev sank back into his chair and covered his face with his hands. For the second time that night, he thanked a God he didn't believe in for saving Sonakshi's life.

Author's note: Phew! This one took its toll on me! So that's it guys. Thats the final part. I will try to post an epilogue today itself, if possible. I hope you liked it.

Please leave your comments. Im ever grateful.

Love,
Malvika

Curlyhairdiary thumbnail

Originally posted by: EJF_FAN

Its so engaging.. I love it .. 'Dev'... 

I hope he saves her! And finally find his home! *_*

Thank u so much ðŸ˜ƒ Last part is up!
Curlyhairdiary thumbnail

Originally posted by: Monaleojan

Wtng..4 ur next update..

Curlyhairdiary thumbnail

Originally posted by: sneharay

Superb update.. Update soonish 😊

chholabhatoora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
woah!I just loved it I could feel dev's pain and fear of losing his love will be waiting for the epilogue
Curlyhairdiary thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1234bar12

I don't want sona to die. Please update soon

Curlyhairdiary thumbnail
Thank u so much ðŸ˜ƒ Last part is up! Hope u like it!
Curlyhairdiary thumbnail

Originally posted by: pooja_shineStar

Please update soon!

And if possible PM me :)

Thank u so much ðŸ˜ƒ Last part is up! Hope u like it! Have PM'ed you😳
Curlyhairdiary thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssimmy

That was amazing!! please continue fast 😊

Thank u so much ðŸ˜ƒ Last part is up! Hope u like it!