Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Heisenberg17

Who still remembers that legendary Harry Potter thread a few years back that resulted in a war? 

Damn straight I do! Bunch of silly worked-up gooses pouncing on well meaning literary critics like us as though we peed in their cheerios; I am sure the thank you cards that JK Rowling sent them more than assuaged their pent up emotions back then.

Wait! What? Not even a thank you card from her? That nasty, greedy, plagiarizing little 🤬

Edited by K.Universe. - 7 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Since I missed the HP thread awesomeness, I want an encore .😆
#RefusingToGrowUP
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Damn straight I do! Bunch of silly worked-up gooses pouncing on well meaning literary critics like us as though we peed in their cheerios; I am sure the thank you cards that JK Rowling sent them more than assuaged their pent up emotions back then.

Wait! What? Not even a thank you card from her? That nasty, greedy, plagiarizing little 🤬

Sad wasn't it. Bunch of self proclaimed liberals who go around lecturing about liberalism, tolerance, equality and what not, at the sight of criticism of a fictitious character all their liberal values fly out of the window.
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I thought i had grown up 😳 but then i came across the link about American Wizarding school on my newsfeed... I loved what she wrote... Gave me all purana wala feels... I have spent the past day or two going through pottermore, reading all the stuff she has written there 🤪
I think i ll probably watch Fantastic Beasts 🤪
And i was never a big fan of harry potter movies.. Just the books.
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Are you guys talking about that harry potter vs twilight thread?
charminggenie thumbnail
Why would anyone fight over HP? But I am kinda excited about that thread. I totally vote for encore.
HP's appeal be universal, detractors aside it did bring new readers in big numbers. But as much as I like Rowling and understand her milking the brand , I just don't like over-explanations of characters beyond the books. Also, the spoilers from the new play seem pretty much a fanfic version..don't think i will watch the play, disliked epilogue .
charminggenie thumbnail
BTW big news over South China Sea, International Tribunal rejected China's claim over the territories . Interesting and tense times ahead, there.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Angie - Looks like I gave you wrong information. In certain states in US, it is legal to shoot cops in self-defense, if they violate your rights.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2012/SE/SE0001.1.html

http://theantimedia.org/state-makes-it-legal-to-shoot-cops-in-self-defense-if-they-violate-your-rights/

But when it comes to SWAT teams raiding a person's  home for drugs, it looks like the law is on  the side of the SWAT teams.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/civilian-kills-cop-defense/

Ah...   this is so much better  K  : )  The right to self- defense  sounds fair . The way I see it,  the cops in US have a greater probability of dealing with  armed suspects. The liberal gun laws in the US only add to the cops anxiety and in this unfortunate case ,  a  gun carried for self defense by the apprehended suspect ended in making  a cop jittery enough to pump multiple bullets into the unsuspecting victim. All it took was a broken tail light for the tragedy waiting to unfold. Strange how no noise being made about the right to possess guns!

-----------------------

The "i" in the image is a reminder to myself to again start contemplating about the "difference", if any, between i and I. I saw Kung Fu Panda 3 yesterday and there was a lot of talk about "Who am I", "Universe" and Qi (Ch'i) which got me thinking again 

Different as in difference between a problem and its solution. Chi is fascinating. Could well be the vital link between i, I and the Universe.  Would like to know what you turned up with there.   I thought I had sensed some  skepticism regarding  Chi.   Wow, if  it took a Kung Fu Panda to elicit a re-think !!! So why grudge the Potter maniacs their Potterionics  ðŸ˜†

You never know what lessons one may draw from its  diverse characters.

_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Why would anyone fight over HP? 

Dont know why but fight they did ðŸ˜†  
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

BTW big news over South China Sea, International Tribunal rejected China's claim over the territories . Interesting and tense times ahead, there.

Would be interesting to see how righteously China follows the "procedures" after all that opposition to India's NSG bid on procedural grounds. 

J&K is one problem that refuses to resolve *sigh*