Alishba Yousaf to make a comeback with Hum Nawa and Bay Aib

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
The actress will be seen opposite Azfar Rehman and Noor Hassan in her two upcoming serials, respectively.
Ahmed Sarym a day ago

Unlike Syra Yousuf who has constantly remained in the limelight with modeling projects and ad campaigns if not serials, her sister Alishba Yousaf, who made her small screen debut with Chand Pe Dastak and instantly became a fan favourite, went on a complete hiatus after she welcomed a baby girl in her life.

The VJ-turned-actress has been part of many a hit serial, including Main Abdul Qadir Hoon, Marina Khan's Baraat series and the sequel of one of television's most iconic dramas, Tanhaiyaan. Not many know that Alishba was also a contestant on a reality show called Desi Kuriyan that only added to her fan following.

After a long break, Alishba is now set to make a comeback on television; she will be seen in Abdullah Badini's Hum Nawa on ARY Digital alongside Azfar Rehman and Noman Ejaz and in Urdu1's Bay Aib (co-directed by Ali Hassan and Badar Mehmood) featuring Noor Hassan and Samina Peerzada.

Also Read: Celebrity couple Alishba and Rayyan blessed with a baby girl

In an exclusive conversation with HIP, Alishba spoke about her return to television and what kept her away all this time.

"I was expecting and I had just recently embraced motherhood. I was waiting for her to grow up a little so that she reaches an age where she doesn't miss me too much while I'm at work," she said. "I had to come back; there wasn't any full stop to my career. However, I've only taken up two serials as of yet and will be working more Insha Allah."

While acting is Alishba's true calling, the actress is currently more inclined towards being a doting mother to her daughter. "It has been nothing short of beautiful. I never knew I was capable of such incredible things that I now do and I guess it just comes to a woman naturally after having embraced motherhood," she shared. "I am responsible for the life of another human being, so I've became a lot calmer and alert. And a lot more has changed; I've gotten to know emotions better."

Also Read: What are Noor Hassan, Alishba Yousaf & Samina Peerzada up to? HIP finds out!

Coming back to her new projects, Alishba revealed that her characters for both of the serials are like chalk and cheese. "Both the women I portray are completely different from one another. In Hum Nawa, I play a very sensible and strong girl, but she belongs to a poor family; that is the only hurdle she faces. Whereas my character in Bay Aib is that of a girl who has a very dominating mother. So her life changes and takes a turn according to what her mother wants," she explained.

In her 6-year-long career, Alishba has made a conscious effort of choosing roles that are unique and diverse in nature, offering her enough room to show off her skills; we have seen her play a rebel as well as a victim of sexual abuse. And it seems that her aim is to continue doing so. She assures that both her upcoming serials will bring something new to the table.

"The characters that I have been offered are not only appealing but the total opposite of whatever I had done previously," she asserted. "Secondly, I had wanted to work with veterans like Noman Ejaz and Samina Peerzada, who are not only brilliant actors but great people to be in company of, and so to my surprise, both the serials offered exactly what I wanted."

http://www.hipinpakistan.com/news/1150068/alishba-yousaf-to-make-a-comeback-with-hum-nawa-and-bay-aib

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 8 years ago
I love azfu and noor Hassan
Ufff I m so damn happy she is back

Hope it gets a good channel