I have not been briefed about any transgender character- Rubina Dilaik

sparklingeyes thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
https://t.co/XUcB3UZqG5
Rubina Diliak is all set to make her next outing on small screen in the upcoming show Shakti opposite Vivian D'Sena. The actress, who made her debut in the industry with Chhoti Bahu, was last seen playing the protagonist in Jeannie Aur Juju, which was almost two years ago.

Speculations about her playing a transgender in Shakti have been rife, but Rubina refuted any such claims saying that she has not been briefed about a third gender character in the show.

In an exclusive conversation with TimesofIndia,com, Rubina shared insights on her new show and her character. She also spoke about her co-actor Vivian D'Sena.

ALSO READ:
Rubina Dilaik, Jennifer Winget, Vivian D'Sena: Actors who are making a comeback on TV

Q: You are playing transgender in the show, which is pathbreaking for you or maybe any actress in the industry. What do you have to say on that?

Rubina: This isn't the case so far. Yes, I did hear about such speculations, but nothing related to a third gender character has been briefed to me so far.

Q: What was the main attraction for you in this role?

Rubina: The story of a girl who is completely disconnected from the outer world, offers so much to play as an actor and that's what excited me.

Q: You were widely accepted as the simpleton "Radhika" in Chhoti Bahu and then in Mahadev. Do you think that this role is also going to be loved by your fans?

Rubina: I have always focused on reinventing myself through the different roles I attempt. I am fortunate that my sincerity and hard work has been acknowledged. And with my new show Shakti I am all the more determined to give it my all.

Q: How has your chemistry been with Vivian?

Rubina: We have hardly shot few scenes, so far so good !

Q: Any other TV celeb who according to you would have fit in the male lead?

Rubina: I guess the casting is just apt, all the characters are well woven .

Q: Have you ever felt intimidated by Vivian?

Rubina: I am a confident woman with a knowing that I am best at whatever I put my heart in, so nothing sways me.

Q: Do you think that your role might be overshadowed by his onscreen presence?

Rubina: All I know is that I am going to be honest to my work, the rest time will decide.

Q: Anything that you would like to tell readers about the show?

Rubina: We have heard and talked a lot about social stigma, family differences love stories, "saas-bahu sagas", bla bla but never witnessed a story of a girl and her experiences who is completely unaware of the worldly affairs so to say the secular world. The feeling would be of a newborn, who for the first time opens the eyes and sees just black and white and then slowly sees the Colors. The tenderness of the character of Saumya is that of a flower.

ALSO READ:
Rubina Dilaik returns to TV after two years

Q: Would it gain popularity like Chhoti Bahu?

Rubina: When I started shooting for Choti Bahu, I did not know how to even walk in front of the camera, I was all determined to learn everything . And now for Shakti ironically I have to unlearn everything for my Character (as she is extremely introvert and low on self esteem). So, my effort is going to determine the destiny of my show and m ready to give it my all.

Q: You are a modern day woman, how is it like playing such roles which are way different from your real self?

Rubina: Yes, playing such characters is very challenging! Knowing everything you have to act as if knowing nothing is the most difficult yet enterprising. And I am all geared up for such an experience.

I don't understand questions of tOI about Vivian. Matlab even if leads are sharing good relationship Offscreen, these media houses will not let that happen 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zubeada thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i didnt understand why they questioned those stupid question  about VD
anyway rubi handled well

thanks for sharing 
Edited by zubeada - 7 years ago
_Sowmya_ thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
So there is no transgender track
Something different he from other shows yipee I know this show will be on top after Vivian entry 🥳love u Vivian ❤️

Loving all cast members 😳 rubina is so cute 😛

TFS 😃

Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
there is a difference between transgender and intersex
so maybe soumya is intersex
Bon_Vivant thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tfs
TOI ne kya faltu question kia 🤢
Love rubina's answer
Bon_Vivant thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Reenatyzed

there is a difference between transgender and intersex
so maybe soumya is intersex

possibleEdited by LaZyLaDy - 7 years ago
MouVDian thumbnail
TFS😊
I too agree with you what's meaning of asking that kind of questions about Vivian ❓ its like if they don't have any differences these media will create some for their own benefits 😡
Ruthless.Slayer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
tfsEdited by Ruthless.Slayer - 7 years ago
alka2212 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Why can't these media people let Vivian alone🤔
Always trying to create rifts b/w him and his costars
They can't live without bringing him in everywhere...
Attention seekers...

But Rubina handelled them well...

HaymurS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Is mohtarma ko journalist kon banaya?🤣
Khair whats with those vd related ques
Tfs though :)
Cant wait for todays epi