'Parvarrish: KKKM - S2' is now a de-facto quad-weekly show until...

maazkalim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
{Note: This is a follow-up thread to a thread posted on Monday [of this week].*}

Hello Everyone! What I have posted earlier this week and after [now-]accurately guessed 2 days later of its posting have turned into reality (may read: actually was a "nightmare" now-turned in reality)! Our beloved and favourite show 'Parvarrish - Season 2' (as it's officially called) now got its scheduled-lineup changed from weekdays/weeknights (Monday-Friday [nights]) to quad-weekly i.e. 4-days a week. Or say, Tuesdays to Fridays to be precise! Well, it might have been possible that some of you might have heard about it already, Thanks to the fanclub of the show on Twitter. But what you must haven't heard/know for sure is that this de-facto policy by the network (SET) will remain in force until the final[e] week of their mythological presentation 'Suryaputra Karn'.**
Now, many of them will obviously get worried that "1-day less for our show"! But have a cool-mind and look at the brighter/"positive" side of it, some of us were fearing/predicting "days of the show getting numbered soon" (i.e. the fate of the show is only in "deep-darkness" which is very-near) here and on platforms on Internet. Very few of us made efforts to make us "count their logics" to convince us why their fear is absolutely "guided" by the "light from the right path". Now, have a careful read at my logics, too:
  • By making the show quad-weekly, the network have confirmed its faith in the project ("show") that it's not going to consider anything drastically negative soon. Confused how? Keep on reading...
  • By making the 'Suryaputra Karn' take-up a whole-lot of 1-hour slot on usually half-an-hour programming slate on Mondays [and JFI, rest of weekdays/weeknights, too], they will be able to recoup their money faster due to it being a higher-rated show due to capital returning in form of advertising revenues (for those who don't know, usually the higher the show clocks TRPs, the higher ad-rate they can command [from advertisers/advertising agencies] for the time-slot in which its each new episode premieres).
  • Due to them recouping the money faster, they'll be able to churn-out more profit and will invest in their assets in which our show also includes as "deserving-candidate".
  • This will ensure that due to "suffering" for few notable weeks, our show can reinstate higher production values since it will have 1-less episode dramatically decreasing/reducing the production cost by few lacs since makers won't have to chip-in more money into various levels of works that goes into an episode of a fiction show viz. pre-production, principal photography/production ("shoot") and post-production. Two easy examples are when Abid (Sanjay Dhaka) was called in for shoot for the 'Interschool Student of the Year 2016 Winner Convocation' sequence and have its job done, got paid but surprisingly, his presence was entirely removed during the post-production. And second example is rather very common and repetitive i.e. when actors/artistes are asked to perform several takes for one particular shot/sequence either by making changes in his/her/their dialogues/monologue or changes in expressing particular act[ions]/movement[s]. So all of the capital which gets wasted due to the policy of having usually more than one choices of each and every enactment for the sake of having "creative choices" for the post-production stage giving them a[n] "ample/fair chance" to finish the end-product (final tape of an episode) to "the best of their capacity". So to put in short terms/words, all I wanted to say is that having 1-episode less for a week will definitely take less-efforts and less-capital for the project. Also allowing the network to make investments for 8-episodes per 2 weeks rather 10-episodes per 2 weeks [as was the case earlier], the network will not hesitate from making investments without [much of] the "creative interference" (given that was the case earlier). (For those who don't know, it takes an average of INR 8 lacs to churn-out an episode of a typical Hindi daily) So, less episodes+less investments=less pressure means there are high chances of increased productivity for quality content provided the decision-makers are smart/wise enough and there's strict supervision from the investor side by supervisors having bias for creativity to keep the expediture in check.
One point was omitted because it would have certainly been construed as a "joke" and I thought of elimination of "humour-element" this time. 😊

*Made this as "follow-up thread" only to refer the development on the very same subject and avoid over-lengthening this post by providing easy reference for earlier points.
**The only "sad-part" which I gathered by thinking from all directions is that I can't disclose the source nor I can precisely tell when is the final[e] week of 'Suryaptra Karn'. 😵 😳 But I have no restrictions and I'm in fact willing to disclose information pertaining to the changes in repeat-timings on Mondays and Tuesdays provided I receive fair amount of interest [to disclose the same]. 😊
Edited by maazkalim - 8 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS