Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Kaapi

Can I just say I loved the film? I absolutely did. It's one of the best family movies I have watched in recent times. Very relatable, heart-warming and breaking all at the same time. There are so many things about this film which I totally loved. The friction between the entire family when they meet after a long time, the outbursts, constantly trying to make things move at a normal pace even when they are seemingly going out of hand, the silences, everything looked so natural and relatable.

One of my favorite bits has to be that scene where the entire family is bickering while the plumber witnesses it all and ends up cracking a joke, probably unintentionally. It looked like a page out of my family or so many families I know, for that matter.

I loved Sid's character and his performance in this one. I usually tend to relate more to characters that react aggressively towards situations or come to conclusions rather quickly. And the fact the he is kinda struggling to establish himself in his profession he loves, makes it all even more relatable for me. Fawad was absolutely fabulous in the movie, the restraint and the calm with which he performed is so so beautiful. The maturity, responsibility and the vulnerability towards the end..all of them come together so perfectly and make his performance such a delight to watch. What do I say about Ratna Pathak Shah, have been adoring her acting chops since very very long. Didn't expect anything less and she did complete justice to her role. Loved Rajat K and Rishi K as well. All of the above performances simply occupy a space in your heart during the entire course of the movie. So beautiful.

I almost forgot how good Alia can be on screen. So vibrant and impactful. Her character helped the movie in not becoming one-note and I pretty much enjoyed it. I also loved those little things they kept adding during the entire first half. Wasim's brother, his body building comp, Tia's jokes, scared Banku, the photo studio, Dadu being techno savvy and using the same knowledge to convey a heartbreaking request to his grandsons during the end. I also loved how Arjun somewhat struggled to let go of the fact that the book and the characters that catapulted his elder brother to a different league were so much similar to his. It was difficult for him, it kept bothering him, but he tried nevertheless. Man, I really really liked the charecter. It's under appreciated I feel.

I would definitely recommend this movie to you all. It's surely worth a watch. A beautiful portrayal of imperfect relations, without any pretense. Straight from the heart.

Yay so glad you loved it 😆 Agree about Arjun's character being under-appreciated..I think part of the blame is with the writing..They just din focus on his part of the story..Being treated as a loser by your family and having to live through blatant partiality by your parents can be pretty taxing..And the fact that they din dwell much on the impact his mom's revelation had ( that she was the one who stole the story)- all that actually deserved importance..That character had so much going for it and Sid did a great job IMO..While they dealt with Rahul's conflict brilliantly, i wish there was more focus on Arjun too..My favorite scene of his was what Bharadwaj Rangan mentioned in his review..When Arjun says- Aakhri baar likh raha hoon..Ho sake toh kahaani yaad rakhna.. That was probably the line of the film..It stayed with me for so long after that scene 😆
divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
sid has improved a lot but he needs to work on his expressions. other than that he is good.
1019702 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Yay so glad you loved it 😆 Agree about Arjun's character being under-appreciated..I think part of the blame is with the writing..They just din focus on his part of the story..Being treated as a loser by your family and having to live through blatant partiality by your parents can be pretty taxing..And the fact that they din dwell much on the impact his mom's revelation had ( that she was the one who stole the story)- all that actually deserved importance..That character had so much going for it and Sid did a great job IMO..While they dealt with Rahul's conflict brilliantly, i wish there was more focus on Arjun too..My favorite scene of his was what Bharadwaj Rangan mentioned in his review..When Arjun says- Aakhri baar likh raha hoon..Ho sake toh kahaani yaad rakhna.. That was probably the line of the film..It stayed with me for so long after that scene 😆

@bold : It was mean on Mother's part to do what she did . Plus the reason given was just so not Enough . And yes They should have given time to dwell more into Arjun's Thoughts , his Disappoinments from his Family .

I loved that One Tear drop that rolled down when Rahul confesses to him ...
and yes that Akhir baar likh raha hoon was LOVE...showed how much Depth Arjun had .
They should have explored him more...
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RollingStones

@KJ :

Glad you mentioned abt Arjun the Character being Under-Appreciated .
I absolutely Loved him . Can be because I connected a Lot with him . Him not able to forget his Past , trying his best to Prove himself , then his Mother's big Betrayal , being honest that he need time to come out of this .

I genuinely felt Sid could have up-ed his Acting . His confrontation scene with Ratna lacked Punch , I felt . But yes I wont take away his hardwork . He was Honest with Arjun.

Where is your review? I'll go back and read member reviews after a while.

Yes!! I absolutely loved his charecter. I could really connect to it. I mean the baggage we carry might be in a different form but the struggle to cope up with it and go on, keep trying, something about that role is not in your face but you can genuinely feel it. Given his char traits, he would have wanted to confront his brother then and there but he held it. He kept it to himself all these years for his mom's sake. He was bitter but was ready to mend things, wasn't stuck at one point, though it kept bothering him. There was a certain restlessness to his charecter, which I felt was well portrayed.

Yes! That scene could have been better, it was very crucial but the impact wasn't quite up to the mark. Also the fact that his confrotnation with his mom came after Fawad-Ratna P scene makes you feel the difference in intensity.

But like I said, I could just let it go coz I loved his char overall. 😆

@MEB : There are a lot more things in the movie which I loved but didnt mention in the review. This movie deserves so much love and appreciation. Hope you get to watch it soon. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 😃
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree, I wish arjun's character could have been peeled off more, even alia too. All her squeaky, deliberate teasing persona had a fragile heart who regrets on having the last chance to talk to her parents.
One interesting thing about alia's character was that she missed her parents, but she accepted thier death, all that stabbed her was that she could have talked to them properly .. very new emotion ..

One of those movies where you feel .. damn why did it end, there was so much more!
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Arjun's haracter and his issues needed more time to get explored which did not happen in last bit of the film. Other than that outburst scene Sid M was really convincing and brought the helpless yet striking vuknerability being the Runner up for the family. The smile both brothers have when Rahul said mom dad dono hum se ek sa pyar karte hai. It conveyed the pain and the truth of the matter effortlessly. Moreiver there should have been a scene between brothers talking about the successful novel, may be in that dining hall scene only. It ended too abruptly with rahul flipping pages of that novel freedom fall. What about his reactions to the truth, his turmoil knowing the success gained is not entirely his and how does he face his brother? All these got unanswered. Both siblings had lot more between them to get explored imho.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: divaz

to anyone who watched the krk review what did he say? i dont want to listen to him 😆

He praised the film and its performances especially Fawad, Rishi, Ratna and Rajat. Praised the direction and other technical aspects like camera work. Said that the film caters to the elite and wont appeal to single screens which is fine since it isnt releasing in single screens. Gave an overall rating of 3/5 and business rating of 2/5 and predicted lifetime of 40 to 50 cr.

PS: Dont watch his review if you havent seen the film as he gives out spoilers.

PPS:I have updated the index in the first page with all reviews including member reviews so far.
Edited by .Hajmola. - 8 years ago
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oh yes! I also waited for rahul's reaction to knowing that his success was because of his brother's hard work and not his .. that was left unexplored, as the novel story becomes the crux of the tension between two brothers and earlier in the movie when rahul picks up arjun's novel i almost shouted, oh no rahul please dont steal it again .. but the truth comes out all different .. that angle must have been addressed ..
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rogie!! 😆 . I think I have always dismissed him whenever we spoke of him but never thought one of his characters will really stay with me. That line was indeed beautiful. So amazing. And there's a little pause after he says that. It just enhances the beauty of that bit. I agree, his character sort of got a raw deal, despite having so much potential.

Hey but one day, when Sid actually becomes an amazing actor, we can have a spin off of sorts with a movie made on Arjun's character. 🤣

Sorry, if the joke wasn't really good..That's Tia's impact. 😆
divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

He praised the film and its performances especially Fawad, Rishi, Ratna and Rajat. Praised the direction and other technical aspects like camera work. Said that the film caters to the elite and wont appeal to single screens which is fine since it isnt releasing in single screens. Gave an overall rating of 3/5 and business rating of 2/5 and predicted lifetime of 40 to 50 cr.

PS: Dont watch his review if you havent seen the film as he gives out spoilers.

PPS:I have updated the index in the first page with all reviews including member reviews so far.

thank you so much. glad to know he praised fawad, rishi, ratna, and rajat. they all deserve it. i am just so scared of watching his reviews.