Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: pinkeye

Hope it earns more. And yes the crtical acclaim and audience reaction has been terrific. Very few films get that plus my fav has garnered all zccolades fir the film. So I am super happy. Hope FK signs something great post this. 😛

oh yess!! Absouletely waiting for his next movie, also he has put out such a strong message about his screen presence and acting ability. I just hope the next character is super duper exciting - two movies old and he has proven to be versatile - a rich royal prince in the first, and a homosexual novel writer in the second - 👏
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
film doing well today
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
^^ .. awww this is adorable! Sadaf is such a cutie! ❤️
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Kapoor & Sons box office collection: The Fawad Khan, Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra starrer earns a FABULOUS Rs 14.60 cr in two days!

Kapoor & Sons is gaining firm footing everyday at the box office. After a 6.85 crore on Friday, it earned a good 7.75 crore on Saturday!

Sun, March 20, 2016 12:37pm IST by moumita bhattacharjee
4.8k Shares
  • Facebook share
  • Twitter share
  • Share on Google+

comments
Kapoor & Sons box office collection: The Fawad Khan, Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra starrer earns a FABULOUS Rs 14.60 cr in two days!
Ranveer Singh gives an amazing performance in this new Make My Trip Ad
Alia Bhatt celebrating her birthday during Kapoor & Sons promotions in Delhi
Alia Bhatt's yummy Google cake
Alia Bhatt can be a perfect material for movies based on family drama

The film is going strong at the box office...

Good films deserve all the accolades it can get. That instills faith in filmmakers that they can challenge themselves and come up with stories that interests everyone without compromising on quality. Kapoor & Sons is one of them. It's a complete package. If there are three amazingly good looking people like Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Fawad Khan in the film, there's also a story worth saying. The twist is what everyone's talking about. No wonder that the film is gaining firm footing everyday at the box office. After a 6.85 crore on Friday, it earned a good 7.75 crore on Saturday!

The total now stands at a good 14.60 cr which is incredible. Our Trade Analyst Akshaye Rathi had predicted the film's collections will be boosted every day on its first weekend and that's exactly what is happened. Taran Adarsh, another trade analyst, tweeted the figures and they look really promising. "#KapoorAndSons should have a STRONG Day 3. Fri 6.85 cr, Sat 7.75 cr. Total: 14.60 cr. India biz." He also sounds really hopeful about the film's future prospects at the BO saying, "Looking at the current trends, #KapoorAndSons should have a 25 cr [+/-] 3-day opening weekend, which is VERY GOOD. India biz."

Rathi had predicted the film would earn around 18-19 crore on its opening weekend but it seems there is a possibility, it might go beyond that too. Check out the tweets here...

taran adarsh @taran_adarsh

#KapoorAndSons witnessed an UPWARD TREND on Sat. However, India vs Pakistan cricket match made a dent in the evening/night shows...

#KapoorAndSons should have a STRONG Day 3. Fri 6.85 cr, Sat 7.75 cr. Total: 14.60 cr. India biz.

Looking at the current trends, #KapoorAndSons should have a 25 cr [+/-] 3-day opening weekend, which is VERY GOOD. India biz.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/kapoor-sons-box-office-collection-the-fawad-khan-alia-bhatt-sidharth-malhotra-starrer-earns-a-fabulous-rs-14-60-cr-in-two-days/
Edited by gatheringstorm - 8 years ago
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Going to watch it today with family, hope it's good.😳
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I think u are reporting from cinema.Are you alive?? 😉 😆
IshqBulaava thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Okay honestly the film is freaking fantastic. I had expectations thanks to all the reviews and it exceeded my expectations. So subtle, understated and normal. It's refreshing to see films where a love story is not the centre of conflict. Cos there is so much more to life and it was tiring to see brothers fight over girls 😆 I loved every bit of the film. And the best part was, nothing was on the face or melodramatic. Some things were just left unstated and that made it so much more impactful. Apart from the direction, what made the film brilliant was the performances and chemistry between the characters. Honestly I don get the criticism for Sid. He was really good imo. Reminded me of HTP in a way 😆 Yeah he din have the most complex role to play bit with what he was given, he was really good tbh. And how good did he look. Its ridiculous how good looking the whole family was 😆 And Fawad- oh my I knew he was a good actor but how ridiculously good was he in the film? It is not about his looks. Yeah he is a charmer, he has a great voice, looked dashing etc. etc. but all that aside, he was outstanding as Rahul. The last half an hour belonged to him. Bless Karan for giving him this role. And it's amazing how sensitively they dealt with the while issue. Those scenes with Ratna Patak Shah and Fawad towards the end deserve all the awards. Anyways I thought it was a great film. We need more films like these in Bollywood. And Fawad freaking deserves fabulous roles after this.

P.S. Shakun needs to make more films. Please don't disappear for 5 years after this. One director who has actually proved his first film was not a fluke.

Wow Ranjini seems like you loved it so much. I was waiting for your review, its making me want to watch it more desperately now. I dont know when I will get to watch. 😆
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IshqBulaava

Wow Ranjini seems like you loved it so much. I was waiting for your review, its making me want to watch it more desperately now. I dont know when I will get to watch. 😆

Yeah man i loved it..Its a great film..Am so glad it wasn't a love story and the two of them were not fighting over Alia 😆 And yeah, Sid was really good..Fawad stole the show of course but Sid was good with what he was given..He does these 'underachiever who is considered a loser by family' kinda roles with so much charm..Weirdly reminded me of HTP 😆
IshqBulaava thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Yeah man i loved it..Its a great film..Am so glad it wasn't a love story and the two of them were not fighting over Alia 😆 And yeah, Sid was really good..Fawad stole the show of course but Sid was good with what he was given..He does these 'underachiever who is considered a loser by family' kinda roles with so much charm..Weirdly reminded me of HTP 😆

Even Alia mentioned that it would be weird if two brothers were fighting for her, she understands that too. I wanted to send you that link. 😆
I'm really glad that you loved it and appreciated Sid. 😆
Hoping that movie is a success, as it deserves it.