Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
*SPOILERS*
My absolute favorite scene was the unraveling scene post interval. I loved the irony of it how they wait so long for a picture so that they can have it with chachu's family and it all looks so simple with everyone there. But finally they are not able to take the picture.
And I am so glad that Fawad had so many scenes with Ratna Pathak Shah. I was sad that in Khoobsurat both were under utilized. But in this film it was just perfect the way the ups and downs in the relationship was depicted. *SPOILER* I LOLed when in the end Ratna asks Fawad how is his 'friend'.
There was one scene where Fawad tells Rajat(I think) 'It will be alright...I promise'. Such Zaroon feels there.
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

SPOILER

Two scenes of Fawad and Rajat was specatcular. One when harsh says that I am tired now and why am I doing this, fir you, fir sunita and his son RAHUL said one day at a time, and he laughs it off , then the sons assures the dad. The warmth, the candidness, the concern was well emoted by both actors.

And the second one where Raul with tears in his eyes said You are Sorry? I always stood by you, and you are sorry. That bathroom scene where a heartbroken son confronts the father whom he admired and was fighting to come to terms with it that father is not the perfect one.FK is superlative in that scene.

One very interesting thing each kapoor repeated a single-thak gaya hun main aise jeete jeete. Every one got fatigued fighting their demons, insecurities and needed that catharsis which death and separation provided.
Edited by pinkeye - 8 years ago
1019702 thumbnail
Spoiler ..
The reasons for both the Brothers staying away from Family...
One was tired of being Perfect Son...coz acc to him He was JUST NOT PERFECT...

And other one ...Tired of Proving himself as PERFECT SON...

As pointed out by members , that It was Rahul who completes Arjun's book , kinda makes Arjun look less to me now .
I thought It was He who finally gets to show his Talent ...bt Its not like that... 😔
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
🥳
To team Kapoor & Sons.

Glad to hear Fawad, Sid & Alia in her flowerpot role are all great in the movie!!
6,85 cr day one is a great number, WOM is going great & movie is of course not banned in Pakistan 😉

The trade is having a good weekend, & iam happy all involved are going to have a good hit when all is said & done. They all need it badly.

Congo to team K&S 🥳

Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RollingStones

Spoiler ..

As pointed out by members , that It was Rahul who completes Arjun's book , kinda makes Arjun look less to me now .
I thought It was He who finally gets to show his Talent ...bt Its not like that...😔

yes,the editor asked Arjun what made you change the ending? 😳 and then they showed Rahul's pen in his book 😃
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

*SPOILERS*
My absolute favorite scene was the unraveling scene post interval. I loved the irony of it how they wait so long for a picture so that they can have it with chachu's family and it all looks so simple with everyone there. But finally they are not able to take the picture.
And I am so glad that Fawad had so many scenes with Ratna Pathak Shah. I was sad that in Khoobsurat both were under utilized. But in this film it was just perfect the way the ups and downs in the relationship was depicted. *SPOILER* I LOLed when in the end Ratna asks Fawad how is his 'friend'.
There was one scene where Fawad tells Rajat(I think) 'It will be alright...I promise'. Such Zaroon feels there.

both nailed it 👏 and the way revelation done and after that I loved all of them in it.Absolutely wonderful
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
My Review-
Storytelling- this is what sets the film apart from the rest. Props to Shakun Batra for telling his story so beautifully and for the cast for having done justice to the same.The main thing about this film is how realistic it is. Be it the squabbles, the patch ups, the fights, the making up, every aspect of the film was quite relatable. But the underlying message was neatly brought home with the subtle ending. Nothing was in your face and that made me enjoy the film all the more.
Fawad's talent shines through in his subtle and sensitive portrayal of Rahul. Words fail me. This man is just born to act. His myriad of expressions, body language, his diction, even those small small emotional nuances of his character, he gets it so beautifully. This is 'Rahul' like you've never seen before. And being a huge SRK fan myself, I can say that Fawad has given us another Rahul who I fell in love with <3
Sid- This guy is by no means a 'wooden face' actor or a non actor. That one scene with his mom is a testament to this statement. He has really improved by leaps and bounds here and even my mom mentioned how both the brothers have done a fabulous job👏
Alia was underused I felt but she has done complete justice to her character and was very natural throughout. Ratna and Rajat are two powerhouse actors and they stood tall throughout. Rishi Kapoor as the Dadu also was very endearing. Overall a director's film through and throughly supported by a talented cast.

Rating-4/5
Edited by Abhinaya08 - 8 years ago
UglyDuckling. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sonam KapoorVerified account @sonamakapoor

Just saw #KapoorAndSons @_fawadakhan_ you make me proud.. You were faultless in the film.

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: RollingStones

Spoiler ..

I thought It was He who finally gets to show his Talent ...bt Its not like that... 😔

*SPOILER*

@red - That scene where Rahul goes on his knees, has tears in his eyes, and says to his mom that he is not perfect...Fawad killed it...He was just ❤️

As for Sid I feel the fact that Arjun accepted Rahul's ending does not prove him any small but shows Arjun's maturity into a evolved human being. In the graveyard scene Arjun tells Tia that in reality happy endings dont happen but in contrast he realizes that happy endings do happen. He gets his love, he gets his brother back and even is eventually able to forgive his mother. So kind of accepting Rahul's ending is like a compensation for the fact that actually Rahul became succesful because of Arjun's novel's plotline. And well thats what family is, no one is perfect, one can start great stories and other knows how to finish them on a high note. And if you take favors from each other, it aint a big deal, its just mutual growth.

Edited by Malika - 8 years ago
UglyDuckling. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Malika

*SPOILER*

@red - That scene where Rahul goes on his knees, has tears in his eyes, and says to his mom that he is not perfect...Fawad killed it...He was just ❤️

As for Sid I feel the fact that Arjun accepted Rahul's ending does not prove him any small but shows Arjun's maturity into a evolved human being. In the graveyard scene Arjun tells Tia that in reality happy endings dont happen but in contrast he realizes that happy endings do happen. He gets his love, he gets his brother back and even is eventually able to forgive his mother. So kind of accepting Rahul's ending is like a compensation for the fact that actually Rahul became succesful because of Arjun's novel's plotline. And well thats what family is, no one is perfect, one can start great stories and other knows how to finish them on a high note. And if you take favors from each other, it aint a big deal, its just mutual growth.

Nicely said.👏