Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: -Brilliant-

Akanksha Singh @Akanksha2099

Just watched #KapoorAndSons Me:mom, did u like the movie? Mom:@_fawadakhan_ kya acting karta hai,wah! Me:Han mom,but movie? Mom:Fawad Khan..

😆

i read this on twitter too funny stuff
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pinkeye

gay role leke kachra kar diya is said by a few on twitter too. and as many are saying that people were laughing in the multiplexes when the scene came between mother and son. thank god for small mercies, atleast in my city, during ShowTime, no one is giggling during last 30 minutes.

its a long way before common junta gets adjusted o the idea of homosexuality. acceptance is far road ahead. plus itas yet to be decriminalised on paper by law too. so reactions are part of general outlook of the society on the issue.

I saw the movie with my parents, who seemed too stunned to react at all! But no one laughed in my theater either. Or perhaps I was too invested in the movie to notice?

Holy hell, am I glad I am not on twitter! Those are the sort of reactions I am glad I don't have to come across.

Talking of Fawad Khan, I think I am very much in the minority here when I say that I am actually not familiar with any of his previous works. After coming out of the theater, the first thing I wondered was why I had not seen any of his previous works. He was splendid in this movie. Not only did he look goddamn beautiful, but really... the scene with his mother where he asks her, "par jo main hu, uske liye kaise maafi maangu?" Or the moment when he realizes the truth about his father and loses it? Aah... perfection.

justinnow thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sillage.

^I'm sure you have already watched it more than once with the way you are spot on details. 😆

First time , I just enjoyed scenes and story. Since I had a lot of questions and since loved the movie I went to see second time and that time as I already knew the story I focussed more to answering my questions and also happened to pay more attention to everybody's acting. Movie is worth multiple watch.😊.

I have never seen any of Fawad's tv serials but seen him in that excellent movie where he played bad role and rapes the main actress of movie. Wasn't any mention worthy role. Saw Khoobsoorat with Sonam also but didn't find him all that good actingwise in it like I said not mentionworthy but that's first time I thought he is good looking. But K& S the guy just nailed it especially in the scenes mentioned by one of the members above "jo main hoon woh kaise badal sakta hoon" and after he finds about his dad's cheating. So good he was...all mention worthy and notice worthy.
LoveToLaugh thumbnail

Originally posted by: shirani7

I loved Kapoor and Sons, easily one of the best movies I have seen in recent times.. it was so realistic and simple and it made you laugh and cry at the same time! Rishi was incredibly funny, Fawad Khan stole the show and Alia Bhatt did amazing in whatever few scenes she had!

Some scenes which stood out: (spoilers)
- Alia Bhatt's breakdown. This was the first scene I cried, she was so good that I became all emotional in one second. I think everyone who does not have parents could relate to her when she said 'please come back, I miss you.' She really owned this scene, the fact that SHE was the one who made me cry instantly says so much about her acting power!
- When Fawad Khan stops at Anu's house and finds his father there. His expressions when he walks out, I could totally feel for him, he was SO good in that scene!
- The family scene when they are all together and start singing and dancing. That was such a lovely moment which really stays with you after the movie.

There were so many other scenes which were so funny, like with the plumber, or Boobli, or the Fawad-Alia scenes and especially Rishi with his I-papad was hilarious.

It was shocking when Rajat died, I thought Rishi would die in the end. And I didn't expect the gay angle. I really thought it would be a love triangle, and I was really hoping that Alia would end up with Fawad. I also did not expect that Rajat really was cheating on Ratna. So thats what I also loved about this movie, that it was unpredictable and totally the opposite of what I expected.

Got to say that Siddharth was SO bad in that confrontation scene with his mom. It was cringeworthy when he was yelling at his mom, he was so afwul, he really should work on the emotional scenes. Except for that scene, he was decent and yummy to look at.

Still Fawad deserves a second mention as for me he was the highlight of the whole movie, ohmygod WHAT ACTING! So effortless, so natural, I can't explain how good he was. Can't wait to see him in another movie!

@bold - the highlight of the film for me, frankly. He was intensely good!

Also @Alia's breakdown - word! Her character's pain was so palpable.

I actually did like Siddharth's confrontation scene quite a lot. Perhaps because it was really hard not to feel sorry for his character there. I could really understand where all the pain was coming from.

LoveToLaugh thumbnail

Originally posted by: justinnow

I think there was nothing left to be discussed after the mother's disclosure when both the brothers are fighting. Both the brothers feel cheated by their mother and there itself there are no issues left between them. Arjun doesn't talk to his mother because he feels his mother never loved and cared for him enough while all the while he had been trying to do something so that she is proud of him. Rahul is disappointed that his most praised book that people want him to sign is actually not his work. Imagine how you would feel if you come to know that the work you are so proud of is actually not yours.So he also is unhappy with his mother and hence both the brothers don't talk with their mother. This is what is indicated when Daadu has a video chat with both of them.

I am a little confused here. How could he not know that it was not his work, though? His mother handed Arjun's work to him and yes he did not know that it was his brother's work. But really, he WOULD know that the work was not HIS! What I could understand was that his mother had given him the material and he worked on it without knowing that it was originally his brother's work.

I too, though, did expect more of a closure. Regardless of what their mother did, he did benefit off of Arjun's work, and I really was expecting an apology that never came. I guess it is left open to the viewers.
justinnow thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveToLaugh

@bold - the highlight of the film for me, frankly. He was intensely good!

Also @Alia's breakdown - word! Her character's pain was so palpable.

I actually did like Siddharth's confrontation scene quite a lot. Perhaps because it was really hard not to feel sorry for his character there. I could really understand where all the pain was coming from.

Actually, in reality anyone would have cried screamed and reacted in pretty much same way. But I wish he spoke a little more clearly. I guess scene should have been longer than just ending it like that. It should have been backed with some more dialogues. It didn't come out complete felt like something is a miss. On second thoughts I feel it's the length of his confrontation scenes with his mom(there were 2) which was very relevant from story point of view and needed more to and fro flow of dialogues.
justinnow thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveToLaugh

I am a little confused here. How could he not know that it was not his work, though? His mother handed Arjun's work to him and yes he did not know that it was his brother's work. But really, he WOULD know that the work was not HIS! What I could understand was that his mother had given him the material and he worked on it without knowing that it was originally his brother's work.

I too, though, did expect more of a closure. Regardless of what their mother did, he did benefit off of Arjun's work, and I really was expecting an apology that never came. I guess it is left open to the viewers.

I think they wanted to avoid melodrama and cliche scenes, so totally avoided showing every sorry etc.
Besides my logic to it:

His mother read Arjun's novel that he has given up on. As her fav son Rahul was struggling with his second novel after his first failed novel she gave him the plot and story line to him as her own feedback and suggestion to help him and give him ideas for his novel not letting him know that it wasn't actually hers but Arjun's. That's why Rahul suggests Arjun to give his work to mom to read so that he can get ideas and feedback from mom as he thinks it helped him with his second novel.
Edited by justinnow - 8 years ago
justinnow thumbnail

Originally posted by: justinnow

Actually, in reality anyone would have cried screamed and reacted in pretty much same way. But I wish he spoke a little more clearly. I guess scene should have been longer than just ending it like that. It should have been backed with some more dialogues. It didn't come out complete felt like something is a miss. On second thoughts I feel it's the length of his confrontation scenes with his mom(there were 2) which was very relevant from story point of view and needed more to and fro flow of dialogues.

Edited by justinnow - 8 years ago
zaroonkashaf thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Watched it the other day and loved it to bits. It's one of those movies where I think everyone was damn good in their roles. I'm here though to praise Sid, let me just get that out of the way 😆 I loved Fawad as Rahul. I think he was effing brilliant and maybe I'm in the minority but I thought Sid was equally good in his role. There were scenes in the movie where he didn't have many dialogues yet he conveyed what he needed to so beautifully. The first scene at the dinner table after the boys are back. I felt so bad for him considering you could see as to how excited the parents were when it came to all that Rahul has been upto , while Arjun was sitting there , fidgeting. The last scene with Alia where he thanks her for coming to see him, I loved that whole conversation. The way he played that was so natural. There are so many scenes that I could go on and on about. Not to mention he cracked me up so many times in the movie. His comic timing was spot on. I mean that line and his expression while saying "bai se kyun ladunga" is still stuck in my head! 😆 So I'm one of those rare people I guess who loved him as much as I loved Fawad in the movie.
Edited by srkjuhi - 8 years ago
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Joginder Tuteja @tutejajoginder
#KapoorAndSons has a fantastic Tuesday. Total so far has crossed Week One of #Neerja [35.32 cr] in 5 days flat. Final numbers soon.
Edited by Serotonin - 8 years ago