Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1019702 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Kaapi

I'm pretty sure Rahul did write a few suggestions in that draft. Otherwise, the only explanation that would be left is that Rahul was checking his brother's story for inspiration as he has to meet his deadline. And that'd be really weird considering Rahul's character. 😕 He probably felt sad during the 'runner up' conversation and wanted to help his brother. Still not too sure though.

But the fact is that I loved Arjun's character and wanted him to change the ending for himself. 😳

The reason behind this confusion can be two things, it's either choppy editing or Shakun wanted us to go back to our English classes and intepret stuff for ourselves. Lol.

@bold : Exactly , That's what I wanted . Hence was bit disappointed when members said that Rahul does that . 😆
He himself changing the Story End , by taking Rahul's Suggestion or looking at his Own Family Sad state ...just gives a Growth/Maturity to his Character...
Edited by RollingStones - 8 years ago
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yes I would also like to believe Rahul did write few suggestions here and there and after knowing the truth about the mother, Arjun did give up nagging grudge and took big bro's suggestion and changed it accordingly. plus the father's death was painful and sudden which was his vision about a story not ending as a perfect one . in contrast Rahul said that that's why we crave for happy endings , might be Arjun was himself searching for that happy ending in his life which was going downhill with all revelations, death, misunderstandings. so thus the writer changed and gave what he carves for too.

someone needs to ask this on twitter to Shakun Batra to confirm. 😆
justinnow thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
I actually love this movie so much. All the dialogues and scenes are so good and natural. Screenplay is too good.
When Sid tells Fawad that there was his magazine Barely Legal in the Dadu's stash that was found in a polythene. How naturally one brother asks another brother about his sex life.
the way Fawad asks him "Abhi bhi manage kar raha hai"
Sid is like"Pretty much " "Ab toh practice kar raha hoon" something like that , Am not clear about the second dialogue.
How he clicks the picture of his perfect brother smoking. Love that talk scene between brothers. How their Dadu would enjoy Russian strippers more.
All scenes were too cool.
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RollingStones

@bold : Exactly , That's what I wanted . Hence was bit disappointed when members said that Rahul does that . 😆
He himself changing the Story End , by taking Rahul's Suggestion or looking at his Own Family Sad state ...just gives a Growth/Maturity to his Character...

Arjun found 'Rahul's' pen in the draft... It was the same pen that he was fiddling with in the car and Rahul was upset because it was his pen... I guess that was the significance of the PEN...😛 Rahul wrote that suggestion and Arjun adopted and elaborated upon it
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Haan, toh ho gaya decide. Let's lock and seal it. Arjun himself made those changes. 😳

Bhool jaate hai sab Jo keh rahe hai. Let's add even more layers to the character I/we connect with the most. 😎
1019702 thumbnail

Originally posted by: justinnow

I actually love this movie so much. All the dialogues and scenes are so good and natural. Screenplay is too good.

When Sid tells Fawad that there was his magazine Barely Legal in the Dadu's stash that was found in a polythene. How naturally one brother asks another brother about his sex life.
the way Fawad asks him "Abhi bhi manage kar raha hai"
Sid is like"Pretty much " "Ab toh practice kar raha hoon" something like that , Am not clear about the second dialogue.
How he clicks the picture of his perfect brother smoking. Love that talk scene between brothers. How their Dadu would enjoy Russian strippers more.
All scenes were too cool.

On Barely Legal...Sid says that I was in Depression socha nahin tha, Mian kar paungaa But I pretty well Managed .. And then Fawad says ..Abhi bhi Manage kar raha hian . to which Sid says...Haan ab Toh Practice si ho gayi hain...😆

And yes after the Smoking Pic click ...Sid says Mummy ko Dikhaunga...😆
pinkeye thumbnail

On Barely Legal...Sid says that I was in Depression socha nahin tha, Mian kar paungaa But I pretty well Managed .. And then Fawad says ..Abhi bhi Manage kar raha hian . to which Sid says...Haan ab Toh Practice si ho gayi hain...😆

Mummy ko Dikhaunga was like are yeh toh hamesha hota hai. sulking and threating to tell momma.
I also need to watch it again.

😳
BornHyper thumbnail

Loving these discussions...

Also that scene where Daadu is apparently watching a po*n site. Like with most sites, one can watch a few mins/secs and then you need to pay if one needs to continue watching... Daadu starts asking for credit card... How real that scene was...
pinkeye thumbnail
pen in the car , yeh scene kab tha? 😲😆

between I loved father and two sons scenes too, ek ko daant pe daant aur dusre ko dekh ke, carefully chalate hai. 🤣
Sulking Arjun further says- Tujhe toh Gadha Nalayak bhi nahi bola. gallyon ki beizzati ho gayi bas. lol. 😆😆
BornHyper thumbnail

Originally posted by: pinkeye

pen in the car , yeh scene kab tha? 😲😆

between I loved father and two sons scenes too, ek ko daant pe daant aur dusre ko dekh ke, carefully chalate hai. 🤣
Sulking Arjun further says- Tujhe toh Gadha Nalayak bhi nahi bola. gallyon ki beizzati ho gayi bas. lol. 😆😆

I surely need to watch this again... This was when rahul was driving