Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kritz.anYa.vivu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
i do not know why is the forum being so negative about Fawad, i see members mocking him. I genuinely found his performance good, it has nothing to do with whose fan i am. I feel bad that he is getting so much of flak for having a good fan base.
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kritz.anYa.vivu

i do not know why is the forum being so negative about Fawad, i see members mocking him. I genuinely found his performance good, it has nothing to do with whose fan i am. I feel bad that he is getting so much of flak for having a good fan base.

If some one against some one thats mean they are worried about HIM
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
😛
Edited by pinkeye - 8 years ago
1077170 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pinkeye

Thats how bollywood forum works I suppose. It thrives on negativity. And as all predictions of naysayers have turned out to be false, the flaks for the actor and his fanbase has intensified manifolds. It will get over soon. Till this forum gets another one to mock, bash and ridicule. Har kisi ke saath hota hai.

this forum always mocks popular people, take it as a compliment 😃
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Kapoor & Sons is the family drama Bollywood needed

We all have secrets. Once they gradually come out as in Shakun Batra's film, things fall apart.

| 4-minute read | 22-03-2016
SUHANI SINGH
@suhani84
    Total Shares

We can pick our friends and lovers but not our parents. Try as hard as we may, truth is that we inherit behavioural traits from our family. You think you know your family inside out but you don't. While watchingKapoor & Sons (Since 1921) those were some of the thoughts that crept into my head as the Kapoor sons - Rahul (Fawad Khan) and Arjun (Sidharth Malhotra) - arrive at their family abode in Coonoor.

The Kapoor family is nothing like the postcard-pretty and pleasant hill station where home is. In fact things are at boiling point. The cracks in the family are all too visible. Sunita (Ratna Pathak Shah) and Harsh (Rajat Kapoor) are a constantly bickering couple; she taunts him for his floundering career, he is unhappy with her demanding ways.

While the duo's son Rahul is a successful author in London, the younger one Arjun is killing time as a bartender in New Jersey as he waits for his first novel to pass the publisher's test. (The foreign locations assigned to the two young sons are one of the reminders that this is a Dharma film.)

The only person with joie de vivre in the Kapoor household is the naughty 90-year-old patriarch (Rishi Kapoor). Entry of a happy-go-lucky girl, Tia (Alia Bhatt), adds zing to the proceedings.

Rishi Kapoor plays a 90-year-old patriarch in the film.

Written by Shakun Batra and Ayesha Devitre Dhillon, who earlier collaborated on a romantic comedy with a twist Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu,Kapoor & Sons (Since 1921) is exactly the family drama that Bollywood needed. Audiences will be reminded of Zoya Akhtar's Dil Dhadakne Dobut unlike that film thankfully there is no wedding, no dysfunctional behaviour and the focus is on a middle class family whose troubles and woes feel real and not overblown issues. It's one of reasons whyKapoor and Sons resonates with audiences.

Rahul is the "perfect bachcha" as evident by the immaculately kept room he returns to in Coonoor. Much like Monica from Friends who always felt she wasn't loved as much as her elder sibling Ross, Arjun thinks he has always been "second best". Arjun's room is taken over by his mother and is now home to a gym cycle.

Alia Bhatt and Siddharth Malhotra in a still from the film.

While Rahul is playing peacemaker, trying to finish his novel, talking to his bae on phone and also finding a property to build an artists' retreat, Arjun here spends most time wooing Tia and cracking jokes with Dadu. His novel's draft arrives - so real is Kapoor & Sons that Air India misplaces Arjun's baggage - but he isn't bothered. Of the family, Rahul feels the more defined character and the uberdapper and more talented Fawad Khan gives him much depth.

It's when Batra and Dhillon are looking into the details that Kapoor & Sons impresses most. Boobli the wrestler is a memorable little character. IPapad, Dadu's lingo for iPad, drew laughs. The Mandakini wet sari cut out was a lovely, amusing touch. So was the lollipop as change and an apology. The innumerable mention of "potty" is very much a Punjabi thing. The wrecked car could be a metaphor for the broken family.

Fawad Khan is the new Rahul in the Karan Johar production.

The rendition of "Chand Se Mehbooba Ho Meri" at a family get together is the welcomed temporary balm to the scars.

Also read: 12 Indian films you can't miss in 2016

One of the film's best lines is given to a supporting character. In a key scene in which the family is about to have its family portrait clicked, an angry Arjun stands apart from Rahul.

"India Pakistan ke border ke liye jagah chodi hai kya?" says the photographer-friend. It's a poignant statement made more so relevant given the real national identities of Khan and Malhotra. It's with such subtle moments that Batra and Dhillon make what could have been yet another family saga so meaningful.

Kapoor & Sons (Since 1921) isn't a flawless film. The cross cutting between dramatic scenes doesn't always work, the songs are superfluous, and Tia despite Alia's best efforts feels like a convenient, crowd-pleasing filler than an integral part of the film. But one can't overlook the film's strengths.

There is no such thing as a perfect family.

"I can't apologise for who I am," says Rahul to his mother. Humans are fallible creatures. And there is no such thing as a perfect family.

We all have secrets. Once they gradually, and predictably, come out inKapoor & Sons, things fall apart. But then you accept people for who they are and learn to forgive and forget and move on. After all, family matters.

MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Fawad Khan immensely praised for Kapoor and Sons'

Posted on March 19, 2016 by Afshan Zahra in Celebrities, Entertainment, Trending, TV & FILM

WEB DESK: Our heartthrob Fawad Khan has been showered with accolades from both the critics and audiences for his second Bollywood outing " Kapoor and Sons" after his debutKhoobsurat in 2014.

Karan Johar's Kapoor and Sons is a family drama starring Fawad Khan, Alia Bhatt and Sidharth Malhotra in lead roles.The plot revolves around the story of two brothers (Fawad and Sidharth), the problems they face at home with their dysfunctional family and how things take a turn when Alia Bhatt walks into their lives.

Fawad Khan plays Rahul Kapoor who is a bestselling novelist based in London while his younger sibling Arjun(Sidharth) is a part-time bartender and struggling writer in New Jersey. Summoned back to the family home in Coonoor when their Daadu (Rishi Kapoor) falls ill, the boys are compelled to confront the buried secrets that have kept them apart for so many years.

Here's what renowned critics have got to say about Fawad Khan's role in the movie:

Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV:

On the acting front, Fawad Khan steals the show with an impressively modulated, confident performance as an achiever condemned to perpetually carry the burden of expectation and hide his true self behind a wall of falsehoods.

Shubhra Gupta of Indian Express

Fawad plays his straight, and he doesn't lift off the screen, the way he did in Khubsoorat'.

Ananya Bhattacharya of India Today

In this tale of the flawed family, Fawad Khan is spectacular. The actor, whose debut in Khoobsurat was lauded by most people, does a fabulous job of bringing Rahul's dilemmas and the burden of protecting secrets on screen.

Rohit Vats of Hindustan Times

Fawad Khan is like a dormant volcano, simmering from the inside. After a while, you expect him to go for controlled eruption, but he surprises you by going all out. His capabilities as an actor are on a full display in Kapoor & Sons.

IANS

Fawad Khan as the successful novelist and older sibling essays Rahul with restraint and yet, has his moments when he lets his guard down, if only to express his anger, disappointment and hurt.

It seems that our handsome hunk have spell bound millions across the border with his charming personality and laudable acting in the film.

BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fawad Khan's performance leaves Imran Khan's wife teary-eyed

Ankur Batra | TNN | Mar 22, 2016, 05.32 PM ISTFawad Khan and Reham KhanFawad Khan and Reham Khan
Veteran Pakistani cricketer, Imran Khan's ex wife Reham Khan, who watched India-Pak clash in Kolkata, is in India to explore Bollywood. Activist turned producer, Reham watched Fawad Khan's latest release to see how well the handsome actor has performed in the family drama.

She said she cried watching it and was excited to see Fawad perform so brilliantly alongside some veteran actors like Rishi Kapoor, Ratna Pathak and Rajat Kapoor. Interestingly, Fawad walked away with maximum critical acclaim as compared to his co-stars Sidharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt and that, needless to say, left Reham quite impressed.
Edited by Serotonin - 8 years ago
pinkeye thumbnail
MEB and Sundas, have you watched the film yet?
Edited by pinkeye - 8 years ago
1077170 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pinkeye

Tup but frankly speaking, now seriously need a break from this negativity.

he actually has a lot of support here, plus he has a lot of real life popularity, so people are just jealous, ignore
pinkeye thumbnail
@niki, trying to do that for long.

Its raining articles for kapoor and sons for its depiction of family life. Hope the director goes ahead to make few more significant films.