I don't respect Sunny Leone's profession: Prasoon Joshi

ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

I don't respect Sunny Leone's profession: Prasoon Joshi

DECCAN CHRONICLE | ASIRA TARANNUM
PublishedJan 26, 2016, 10:45 am IST
UpdatedJan 26, 2016, 10:45 am IST
He said that he wouldn't insult a person publicly but wouldn't encourage the profession either.
 Prasoon Joshi said, "A profession should in someway or the other contribute in a good way towards society."

Mumbai: Former actor and po*n star Sunny Leone has emerged as the toast of Bollywood in the last week after the industry rallied around her after a rather unseemly drubbing from a journalist who kept harping on her po*n past during a television interview.

Stars have pledged their support to Sunny, with Aamir Khan saying he would be proud to work with her in a film.

At an even in Mumbai yesterday, to celebrate 10 year's of Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra's iconic film 'Rang De Basanti', lyricist and screenwriter Prasoon Joshi struck a different note. 

When a journalist asked Aamir Khan about his comment on wanting to work with Sunny Leone, Prasoon Joshi who was present at the event said,
"It's not necessary that every profession is respectable, and if it's not, it should be criticised too. A profession should in someway or the other contribute in a good way towards society. I don't respect Sunny Leone's profession at all and I wouldn't want the youth to get inspired by that profession."

"But to question her on her profession... I don't think that should be done either. If the person is a drug dealer, that's the person's personal choice. Will I disrespect the person? No! Will I insult the person publicly? No! That probably my culture doesn't allow. But at the same time, I wouldn't encourage the profession either. Certain professions don't play a constructive role in bringing up a great society, we need to criticise them as well. I think that's a free society, people have choices to make. But if the choices are not great, then we need to criticise."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nyc iv!  nthng great abt being a po*nstar but he also mentioned he will not question any1's choice! but there is nthng RESPECTFUL being a po*nstar 
flipfl0p thumbnail
Everyone agrees, it is not a reputable profession (that the parents want their child to persue their career in this field as opposed to medical, banking etc). Having said that, every human being deserves respect, irrespective of their job. 
Drug dealing is illegal. One can be jailed. But even reformed criminal is supposed to be treated equal in the society. Sunny's profession is not even illegal. She as a person cannot be looked down because of her profession. She has the right to dream (be it acting with Amir), like anybody else. Whether she deserves it (got the talent / has the acting potential) is a different thing. 
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
every one have rights to think
Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So do I. No personal grudges against the girl but the profession actually. Nothing great or RESPECTFUL about being a po*n star.
-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Nobody respects/loves that profession... 
even sunny in her iv mentioned this is not what i dreamt of... nobody does!! but this society is one big bloody hypocrite society...Topping po*n browsing list and hard to accept those people in your society...
reminds me of condom joke in PK...
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I wonder what made her becoming a po*n star? I mean I am sure she had other options!
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
How ironic... The same society and people who find her profession disrespectful, watch movies and videos of the same genre.

Originally posted by: Serotonin

How ironic... The same society and people who find her profession disrespectful, watch movies and videos of the same genre.

well nobody asked her to showoff her body infront of billions! she herself flaunt it n people can judge her profession 
Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -StrAnGer-

I wonder what made her becoming a po*n star? I mean I am sure she had other options!

Person with no Life And High Boredom has more chances becoming P*rnstar. 😆