Ali Ki Ami (Geo) - Samiya Mumtaz (A TRUE STORY)

Posted: 8 years ago
11062676_1725129407714996_5361292077610642124_n
12234946_1725271517700785_7436056302539060486_n

Teasers:

Ali Ki Ammi ( ) is a new drama on Geo Tv starting from 16th November at 8 pm.
Ali Ki Ammi is based on a real life story, as the title suggests, this serial is a story of a mother and a son, and how a woman travels a journey of hardships. The inventive and creative taglines are always a part of Geo TV marketing plan and here the tagline is "Aurat Kamzor Ho Sakti Hai Magar Aik Maan Nahin" (how emotional!). Har Pal Haseen Hai Har Pal Geo

Cast: Samiya Mumtaz,Asad Malik,Zainab Qayoom (ZQ),Niama Khan,Nasreen Querishi,Raheela Agha ,Asim Mahmood,Farhana Maqsood,Ali Anjum
Writer: Ali Moeen
Director: Wajahat Hussain

From promos it is evident that that the play is nothing but like "old wine in a new bottle". The drama surely follows the entertainment policy of Geo Tv which revolves around sob-fest stories, malika jazbaat characters, oppression against females, saas-bahu stuff, doosri shaadi/talaq and Indian content.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Geo TV is one of the leading channels of our country which most often shows dramas based on different social issues. Most of the plays aired on this channel like many others are women-centric with family problems taking the lead. Geo TV's new play "Ali Ki Ami" also revolves around the story of a woman, this time a mother. The script of the drama is based on a true story. The leading role in the play has been played by Sammiya Mumtaz who won the hearts of many with her performance in HUM TV drama "Sadqay Tumhare". Other stars who will be seen in the drama include names like Asad Malik, Zainab Qayoom (ZQ), Niama Khan, Nasreen Querishi, Raheela Agha, Asim Mahmood, Farhana Maqsood and Ali Anjum. The play has been written by Ali Moin and directed by Wajahat Hussein. Shehzad Kashmiri who is a big name in the drama industry is the director of photography.

The promos of the drama show a young woman who is for some reason abandoned by her family after she gives birth to her son Ali. She is financially very weak with no one to help her but when her child is old enough to go to school she vows to do everything she can to educate him. The tag line of the drama is "aik aurat tou kamzor ho sakti hai...
magar aik maa nahi!"

The play will air on 16th November.

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
For some reason the tagline gave me goosebumps 😳
Like every Geo show 😆
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
But I don't get attracted to all shows 😆
Lets watch this then :P
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Ufff the promos r so depressing
Why does samiya mumtaz gets the same type of shows

Last year it was do saal ki aurat and this year again same concept

Dad leaves kid and she has to raise them by all means

Same story

Geo last such show was mann ki moti
No I actually like the scripts she picks i have noticed she does strong feminist characters
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I saw the promo.. it looks so touchy
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
The other women. Centric roles she did had indeed different types of script but by the promo it looks a bit too gheesa peeta and too much of rrauma
Whereas her other shows had both happy n sad scenes like MZZbN...mayeni...ranjish hi sahi...do saal ki aurat ...I liked all of them but this is jus too depressing

Plus a very poor supporting cast thanks to geo casting lower league actors always

Hum tv ARY supporting cast is better than geo