Frequent Posters

mango-pie thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Star Plus' Diya Aur Baati Hum gets it off-air date
By TellychakkarTeam
26 Jul 2016 06:18 PM
Image Image
Star Plus' popular show, Diya Aur Baati Hum (Shashi Sumeet Productions) has had a phenomenal run of five years!! The names of Sooraj and Sandhya have become household names, and the simple and realistic story of a girl getting unconditional support from her husband to meet a balance between work and house, has created warmth in the viewers' minds.
Now, it is time to bid adieu to the show!! As per the news coming in, 11 September will be the final airing date of this cult show.
As per sources, " Diya Aur Baati Hum will wrap up on a good note, with peace and justice prevailing after the high-voltage child trafficking drama. Though the team has not locked the climax track, we hear that the child trafficking track will go on for the whole month of August, wherein there will be many highs and lows in the Rathi family."
As reported by Tellychakkar.com , work has begun on a probable Season 2 of Diya Aur Baati Hum. If it does happen, the show will not see the leads Anas Rashid and Deepika Singh taking centrestage. Instead, the show will have new leads. The latest we hear is that auditions have started for the Season 2 of DABH. Also, few of the present characters will be retained.
We tried buzzing Producer Sumeet Mittal, but could not get any reply from him.
Our efforts to reach out to the channel spokesperson were in vain.
Get ready to bid the team a happy farewell...
YongShinSurYa thumbnail
TFS guys... if they show them dead,I won't follow season 2..
mango-pie thumbnail
If there is no anas and deepika, definitely a BIG NO from my side.. there's no diya baati if there is no suraj sandhya which is anas deepika.. And makers are hell bent on using the brand name of DABH to milk out whatever they can. let's see how much they are able to sell.
mango-pie thumbnail
Would love film adaptation of 'Diya Aur Baati Hum': Deepika Singh

New Delhi: Actress Deepika Singh, who plays IPS officer Sandhya Rathi in the popular soap opera "Diya Aur Baati Hum", says it would be interesting to see a film adaptation of the show and that she would love to play the role on the silver screen too.

"I would love to see a film adaptation of our show, if it happens. Also our production team should think about the film adaptation. I would love to play Sandhya again in a film. If the audience wants this film adaptation, then why not," Deepika, who turned 27 on Tuesday, told IANS.
"If not me, I think Bhumi Pednekar should essay Sandhya's part in the film. She's a brilliant actress," she said.

"Diya Aur Baati Hum", which has been on air for almost five years now, has been appreciated by the audience for a long time now and the reason behind this, Deepika feels, is the "storyline and all the characters in the show".

"Sandhya has become very popular as the ideal image. Also, we have shown how a husband supports and encourages his wife to become an IPS officer. The storyline inspires each and every housewife to do something or achieve success in their lives," she said.
Deepika, who is married to the show's former director Rohit Raj Goyal, says her character in "Diya Aur Baati Hum" has brought about changes in her personal life.
"This character has changed me completely. I have become more mature in terms of taking decisions. I was not a fitness freak but after playing Sandhya's character, I have started taking my fitness regime seriously," Deepika said.

"Now I am very much focused on my work and fitness. It has changed my attitude, looks, personality... completely," she added.

"Diya Aur Baati Hum", which is aired on Star Plus, will go off air in September.
Asked about her future plans, Deepika said: "I would love to play some character like warrior princess Xena from American fantasy TV series Xena: Warrior Princess'."
Sonali_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The makers of Diya Aur Baati Hum (Shashi-Sumeet Mittal) and Star Plus are gearing up for a season 2 of the show and are looking for a new cast for the same.

There were reports that Bollywood actor Sharman Joshiand Sonu Sood are in talks to play the main lead in the second season. However, reliable sources from the sets inform us that Sharman Joshi and Sonu Sood are not doing the show. For the character of the main lead, the makers require an actor of around 35-years-old with a good physic. The character will be called Uma Shankar. As both Sharman and Sonu do not fit the bill, hence they are not in the race to play the role.Of late, media has been abuzz with the news about the popular daily soap, Diya Aur Baati Hum going off-air. The show which had a successful run of four years is now been pulled off-air due to the constant dip in numbers.

Diya Aur Baati Hum is slated to go off-air by mid-September. The second season of the show will not see Anas Rashid and Deepika Singh. However, actors like Neelu Waghela (Bhabho), Kanika Maheshwari (Meenakshi) and Karan Godwani (Vikram) will be a part of it.

In the new season, Sooraj and Sandhya will be shown dead and the story will take off from there.

xAishuuux thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LuvSurYa

Would love film adaptation of 'Diya Aur Baati Hum': Deepika Singh

New Delhi: Actress Deepika Singh, who plays IPS officer Sandhya Rathi in the popular soap opera "Diya Aur Baati Hum", says it would be interesting to see a film adaptation of the show and that she would love to play the role on the silver screen too.

"I would love to see a film adaptation of our show, if it happens. Also our production team should think about the film adaptation. I would love to play Sandhya again in a film. If the audience wants this film adaptation, then why not," Deepika, who turned 27 on Tuesday, told IANS.
"If not me, I think Bhumi Pednekar should essay Sandhya's part in the film. She's a brilliant actress," she said.

"Diya Aur Baati Hum", which has been on air for almost five years now, has been appreciated by the audience for a long time now and the reason behind this, Deepika feels, is the "storyline and all the characters in the show".

"Sandhya has become very popular as the ideal image. Also, we have shown how a husband supports and encourages his wife to become an IPS officer. The storyline inspires each and every housewife to do something or achieve success in their lives," she said.
Deepika, who is married to the show's former director Rohit Raj Goyal, says her character in "Diya Aur Baati Hum" has brought about changes in her personal life.
"This character has changed me completely. I have become more mature in terms of taking decisions. I was not a fitness freak but after playing Sandhya's character, I have started taking my fitness regime seriously," Deepika said.

"Now I am very much focused on my work and fitness. It has changed my attitude, looks, personality... completely," she added.

"Diya Aur Baati Hum", which is aired on Star Plus, will go off air in September.
Asked about her future plans, Deepika said: "I would love to play some character like warrior princess Xena from American fantasy TV series Xena: Warrior Princess'."

Lovely article...
Omg Bhumi... Good choice Deeps 👏 I also think she would do an awesome job... I somehow see something about Sandy in her...
xAishuuux thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sonali_11

The makers ofDiya Aur Baati Hum(Shashi-Sumeet Mittal) and Star Plus are gearing up for a season 2 of the show and are looking for a new cast for the same.

There were reports that Bollywood actorSharman JoshiandSonu Soodare in talks to play the main lead in the second season. However, reliable sources from the sets inform us that Sharman Joshi and Sonu Sood are not doing the show. For the character of the main lead, the makers require an actor of around 35-years-old with a good physic. The character will be called Uma Shankar. As both Sharman and Sonu do not fit the bill, hence they are not in the race to play the role.Of late, media has been abuzz with the news about the popular daily soap, Diya Aur Baati Hum going off-air. The show which had a successful run of four years is now been pulled off-air due to the constant dip in numbers.

</div>

Diya Aur Baati Hum is slated to go off-air by mid-September. The second season of the show will not see Anas Rashid andDeepika Singh. However, actors like Neelu Waghela (Bhabho), Kanika Maheshwari (Meenakshi) and Karan Godwani (Vikram) will be a part of it.
<div>

In the new season, Sooraj and Sandhya will be shown dead and the story will take off from there.
<font color="#333333" face="proxima-regular1, roboto, arial, sans-serif">
</font>

😡 😭

Word Count: 1

thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

tfs guyz
surya are dead
long live surya
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Even after seeing the results of Jodha Akbar after brining Saleem Anarkali plot, the PH is keen in going for season 2 with the next generation? hats off to you guys. One should bow to your courage. And how are you planning telecast Suray's death? flight caught fire? Train derailed either Sandya or Suraj died due to bullet fired (may be during busting the Child trafficking) and the other had an heart attack seeing their better half die and there by declaring there Diya Baati symbolism?
Please stop this nonsense of season 2. A sincere request.
Sonali_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deejagi

Even after seeing the results of Jodha Akbar after brining Saleem Anarkali plot, the PH is keen in going for season 2 with the next generation? hats off to you guys. One should bow to your courage. And how are you planning telecast Suray's death? flight caught fire? Train derailed either Sandya or Suraj died due to bullet fired (may be during busting the Child trafficking) and the other had an heart attack seeing their better half die and there by declaring there Diya Baati symbolism?

Please stop this nonsense of season 2. A sincere request.

The PH thinks DABH has become a brand now, they want to continue with it ..they could have started a new story under this title...but they are taking the story forward with surya's daughter ..

The new generation tracks in yeh rishta , sns and YHM gave them a boost, so dabh makers wont miss a chance to try it with the new leads...

Im sure if the ratings were high ,they would have introduced new leads with in this season and surya becoming a side character .🥱

I don't think Surya wil die in this season...this will probably have a happy ending, but according to the recent telly chakkar article makers have not yet locked the climax of the show..so we cannot be sure..

I doubt, they may start season 2 by Bhabo or babasa saying something like years passed and surya are dead...now kanak will take over etc ..( this is my prediction )
I hope im able to get more info regarding the ending too...but i was told its going to be kanak's story now