Winner or not, she made us proud.

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Let me start with congratulating Faisal who is undoubtedly a fabulous dancer. I don't want to discredit him in any way. This is my first topic on this forum and I simply want to talk about our girl.

As a fan, I have always enjoyed watching Sanaya whenever she performed in award ceremonies and other events. The reason being Sanaya enjoyed dancing and I enjoyed watching her despite the fact that her dancing wasn't perfect.

I was never particularly excited about Jhalak because I don't follow reality shows any way. But this was the only show Sanaya wanted to take part in due to her love for dancing and she declined the offer participate in the past because of work commitments. This time around, she didn't have any other commitments...so she agreed to take part. 

And being a fan, I decided to watch.

But I honestly didn't know what to expect.

She had a fairly weak start. Her 'lovely' performance wasn't good. I didn't know whether she would improve or how much she would improve.

I must have really underestimated her. Because if I didn't, I would have remembered how Sanaya puts her heart and soul into everything and that it wouldn't be any different for Jhalak. But she took every criticism in her stride, accepted every comment from the judges with a smile and worked hard. And she delivered.

From her Mujra, to Banno, to Chaplin, to that 'impossible' aerial act...I still don't know how they pulled it off... followed by the sensous act, dheere dheere etc. She gave many memorable and versatile performance and proved she isn't just a pretty face or a popular celebrity. She earned her marks. Sanaya Irani, who was a 'non-dancer', learned and became a 'dancer' through this journey.

Despite my initial apprehension. I started believing she could win.

Along with that, she made the judges and audience laugh and made some wonderful new friends on set. Even her 'non-fans' came out praised her. Many people who didn't like her or had a different opinion of her, changed their opinions about her after watching her in this show.

I don't buy for single minute all the rubbish that's being said about Sanaya having a cold war with Shamita or that she wanted to replace Jai. All the contestants must have been so busy with their own practices, where is the time to have a war with someone? And if she really wasn't  happy with Jai, why would she put all her trust in Jai and do that risky aerial act? Knowing Sanaya, all that is nonsensical for me.

The only thing that breaks my heart is what Sanaya said about never winning anything. Those of you who have only watched Sanaya might not know what that sentence means. It's not the first time we have heard it from Sanaya. It's not all about winning this competition. It happens every time. I just don't understand why this happens. I guess we're just unlucky that way.

So that really, really hurts...and I am not going to lie and deny it.

Sanaya dear, even if you didn't win the competition this time, you've won countless hearts. And one day you'll definitely win...and you'll win it big. I still believe in you.

Till then, you have friends and family and your fans who love you. And to us, you're a true winner.  

Edited by incandescent - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.DivaDeluxe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
You literally couldn't have said it any better! 
What's most important I guess is that non-fans now respect Sanaya! Cos they've realized that just because some of her fans are mean/agressive doesn't mean Sanaya is too. 
She's to good, too pure for this world ❤️

YES. THAT. What hurts is that she never wins anything. She's been nominated for awards so many times, but never won  and that makes me sad as a fan, that WE failed her this time. JDJ was her dream, our dream...but we failed her. We're just that unlucky.

yush-swt thumbnail
lovely post...and u literally spoke my heart...today as a genuine 'khushi' or sanaya fan I am happy cos she lost for Faisal...he was one of the greatest dancer out of the lot and she was second only to him...there it shows how great the journey she had is, a total no dancer to a dancer, she has had the most amazing transformation ever and today she stood tall competing against the best, and she won...and as u said her beautiful personality had won many hearts and it will keep on growing...wishing sanaya lots and lots of happiness...
SpellofJoy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
That's the only thing that hurts! Wishing her all the best for her future projects.
She is the winner for me.

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
That is the only thing that hurts me bad ... she always says she doesn't win anything ... and we couldn't change it for her this time... because Colors changed their rules. 😕
Apart from that, I am an even prouder Sanaya fan today than even before ... this girl's journey on Jhalak has been phenomenal ... and judging from the pics, we have another fabulous act to watch in the finale. 

Sanaya Irani is the true winner of Jhalak for me ... she has showcased the journey of a nondancer to becoming a graceful and beautiful dancer, she has given us some WOW acts along the way, she has won hearts of all on the show and many off it ... and she has lost out to the trained competitive dancer on the show ... there is only pride for this loss, and no shame at all. If Jhalak had stuck to its original format, she was the winner without a shadow of doubt. 

Guinea thumbnail
Awesome post fari ..

So so proud of our girl . We did our best but wasn't enough to make her win . So proud of her journey in JDJ . Seen some photos of her finale act .. Spectacular again ..

Sigh ... Wish could change her opinion that " she never wins anything " .. Another time ..,
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .DivaDeluxe.

You literally couldn't have said it any better! 

What's most important I guess is that non-fans now respect Sanaya! Cos they've realized that just because some of her fans are mean/agressive doesn't mean Sanaya is too. 
She's to good, too pure for this world ❤️

YES. THAT. What hurts is that she never wins anything. She's been nominated for awards so many times, but never won  and that makes me sad as a fan, that WE failed her this time. JDJ was her dream, our dream...but we failed her. We're just that unlucky.

We did not fail!! They know we voted and made her the winner but Colors already decided before finale!! 

Shreya

lavanya08 thumbnail
That is making us sad that she never win anything being most beautiful at heart and talented actress..why JDJ format have to change now..
IFrozenl thumbnail
Am in love with your post, this exactly what I wanted to say!
Thank you so much for this post and for bringing the positive vibes back!

Yes, that's the only thing that hurts a lot.

archana.mh17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

This has to be the sanest thing I have read all day. Thank you for writing it. Although it is disappointing that she didn't win, she made it to Top 2. And, when she lost, she lost only to the most talented dancer on that show, not to anyone else. And, that is saying something about her journey. I believe that Sanaya has only gained from this competition. Despite a shaky start, she pushed the envelope for herself & came out with many, many great acts. And, she IS a non-dancer. So, that effort itself is commendable. This competition has provided 14weeks of rigorous grooming for Sanaya in terms of dancing skills. She won a few hearts alongside. I say, it is a win-win. It would have been icing on the cake to see her holding that trophy, but it's fine. She was there, fighting it out till the very end. It is such a heartbreaking thing that this fantastic woman believes that she never wins anything & sadly, for some reason, the universe goes out of its way to prove her right. But, this is a woman who started out in the industry without even knowing Hindi. 8-9yrs later, see where she is. She might not believe she is a fighter. But I haven't seen such indomitable spirit that often. So, she'll only grow from strength to strength. I hope Sanaya gets a lot of r&r, spends time with family & friends, heals & when she is ready for it, she'll take up another venture & I hope it is really good because she deserves something good. And, because I am selfish. She is a delight to watch, after all.

P.S: Jai. I keep forgetting to mention him. Job well done! Really. He took a couple of weeks to come into his own & once he did, he has been bringing wonderfully varied shades of Sanaya Irani to the stage, week after week. So, really. Great job.

P.P.S: Kudos to Faisal. I would have been hopping mad if Sanaya had lost to anyone but Faisal. I am still disappointed that she didn't win, but that has nothing to do with this boy. I adore this kid. He has oodles of talent & lots & lots of determination. I hope he does really well in whatever he does in his life.

Edited by archana.mh17 - 8 years ago