Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Snape

no it doesnt. older people might have seen the world more than younger peoples, but that doesnt mean they have learnt from it. Many people dont even learn what is the right thing to say or to do even in their old ages

which precisely states my point. learning from experiences.  how to be and how not to be. and the wisdom to know the differrence. and take the right decisions...right not just for now, but right in the long run. and besides, you can be totally mature in somethings and absolutely childish in others. c'est la vie.

as for old people...old age is but a second childhood....they behave more like immature children than most others or sometimes even childrenπŸ˜†

Edited by jasunap - 17 years ago
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Age gives u the opportunity to become more mature emotionally...afterall as you grow older you have experienced more situations, committed more mistakes and hopefully learnt not to repeat them, you have dealt with more people of different kinds, you may have experienced more cultures and places and thereby developed more tolerance towards different POVs...

But ppl may or may not seize the opportunity offered and they may choose to be emotionally immuature thru' out their lives..

u might want to try this test to check ur emotional maturity:

http://www.mysticgames.com/mysticgames_cfmfiles/tests/showte st.cfm?TestID=24

I am 83% mature πŸ˜†...thats because I was mature enough to guess what the answers should be to get such a score!!πŸ˜‰

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

How much did Maryam, and Buffie pay you to say this? Be very careful. People are not going to change thier opinion about them after reading this...they might about you!πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

Dr Abhijit !!! Some times its difficult to convince old people,however good they are!!! Old people like you don't accept our youngsters words easilyπŸ˜†!!!

Coming back to the topic of debate:

Even though mental maturity is not dependent on age,as we grow old we encounter different things in life and forcibily our mind gets matured!!!! So we need to think twice before having an encounter with elders.

One more thing!!! Its just our immaturity to think we are matured persons!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: TallyHo

Age gives u the opportunity to become more mature emotionally...afterall as you grow older you have experienced more situations, committed more mistakes and hopefully learnt not to repeat them, you have dealt with more people of different kinds, you may have experienced more cultures and places and thereby developed more tolerance towards different POVs...

But ppl may or may not seize the opportunity offered and they may choose to be emotionally immuature thru' out their lives..

u might want to try this test to check ur emotional maturity:

http://www.mysticgames.com/mysticgames_cfmfiles/tests/showte st.cfm?TestID=24

I am 83% mature πŸ˜†...thats because I was mature enough to guess what the answers should be to get such a score!!πŸ˜‰

Wonderful!!! I liked the last bit of ur reply

Cheers,

Mythili

IdeaQueen thumbnail

Shanthi!!! Shanthi!!!!

BTW heartgirl ji !!!

Nice opinions!!I liked the way u justified ur views but u r little strict.In DM fun is not prohibited,jokes are not banned.BTW Maryam,Buffiee and Me are Dr Abhijit Uncle's friends and he makes fun of us and we too don't leave any chance in making fun of him πŸ˜† as a part of debate.

U broke my heartπŸ’”.I'm very particular about my signatures in IF.

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
maturity does come with age but there is always a little bit of immaturity left in everyone, in most cases maturity comes with experience, things happen in your lives which make you become mature.
Snape thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: angeleyes141

maturity does come with age but there is always a little bit of immaturity left in everyone, in most cases maturity comes with experience, things happen in your lives which make you become mature.

I agree with this statement.

Life is a diversed term. A person may have many sides and faces in his character. We all are due to act differently for different situations. Now, some of us might be very matured in certain conditions , but that would not mean we all will act equally matured in all parts of our lives. maturity depends :p !
princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I would say that maturity does not necessarily come with age.

It comes with experience.

And though experience increases with age, its range is not limited/necessarily proportional to the number of years one has lived.

-Jojo
kisnakiradha thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

No Buffie,
If you are immature at 18, chances are you will be imature at 81 too! πŸ˜†
Here is the good news though: life is more fun that way.
Most importantly know this: being serious is not maturity. You can be happy go lucky and mature and serious but childish.

OMG u've said it!! the truth is out!!!πŸ‘

I swear that's so right ...one can have fun and be mature at the same time..u dun nec. need to brood over things to be mature πŸ˜†

velun thumbnail
Thank you for posting this topic.

I had a similar question. My neighbor's kid is about 6 yrs old and some times he is so wise, that I just stare at some of his words.

Learnt that there is no relation between age and wisdom.

Sometimes, it comes by nature.

Thanks,
Velu