Posted: 17 years ago
Growing OLD is Mandatory...but
Growing UP is optional...

luv,
Raksha

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
BTW, Buffie..You may want to put your second question as a seperate topic...Calls for a good discussion...
koenigbobo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Buffie

Over the last week,I've been called Immature many a times..."You are just 18",the most convinient lineπŸ˜†

But,I've seen older people conduct themselves in such reprehensible manner,that It amuses me,that how people assume that maturity comes with AgeπŸ˜•

True,as One confronts more anf more of predicaments and turmoils,one learns something from them...

But at the same time,they are so many grown ups,who have the mental growth and maturity of a 6 year old(With all due respect to 6 year oldsπŸ˜‰)....

So does maturity necessarily come with age??...Does being married or having kids make one more mature than someone who is very young??

My second question is about the escpist tendency....how would you define the "escapist tendency"....Because some people blame others for their mistakes,and when they are totally zapped too,they resort to ensuing the blame game......Isnt this a connotation of escapism

Would like to know others' views

i dun think dat maturity necessarily com wid age !! it depends ! ke insan kahan rehta he us ke as pas log kese hen
Pradarshak thumbnail
Not sure if maturity comes with age, might agree that somewhat maturity for many comes with experience.
lighthouse thumbnail

Not sure.. I still find myself saying when I grow up I want to be like so and so... πŸ˜•

Experiences and slow down in passion generaly contributes to maturity. Is thinking twice before saying or doing something called mature?
heart girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

No Buffie,
If you are immature at 18, chances are you will be imature at 81 too! πŸ˜†
Here is the good news though: life is more fun that way.
Most importantly know this: being serious is not maturity. You can be happy go lucky and mature and serious but childish.

Then, Would you please define what would you call a mature person?! Just list some qualities of that mature personality!πŸ˜‰ Doesn't being serious about things also means that you are trying to think and analyse the happenings in your life, and learn from it (as said by someone else)? I am just confused! Please explain!πŸ˜‰ (Sowmy..Suprise πŸ˜›)

BTW, Buffie, I totally understand you condition right now! well, if someone in your family has said that, I don't think a parent ever thinks that you are mature, you are just a child for them forever (lol)! Rest depends on you..Do you want to listen to those faltoo people out there?πŸ˜‰ I don't think so smart lady!Keep yourself at a high level in your eyes, and nothing else matters! You will be immature if 'feel' you are!
Edited by heart girl - 17 years ago
heart girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

For one thing...mature people do not get confused!πŸ˜†

May I know whose philoshipy is it? Dr. A.S's? Well, although you put the smiley faces up there, if you could have just said what you were actually trying to say, i think it would have been more clear to the members! Don;t you think? But one needs guts to do that ofcourse.

Anyways, getiing serious..Who said they don't get confused? Maturity is not like a ending of thinking about life issues and everything else around you! you always keep maturing! Till you die!! It's not like saying now you are 24, you are fully mature!! NO! A person in thirties would say that he is more mature than the oen in twenties and the person in 40's will say teh same thing abt teh person in his 30's, and so on! Maturity is not a something that can be achieved once in a lifetime (If you know what I mean). It's a life-long process. You might feel mature at 20 (IDK), but when you turn 60, you might think that you were so stupid and immature. That's the truth!

I hate to give movie characters as examples but since we do not have other common acquintances...Rajesh Khanna's character in 'Anand' is a person who refuses to be serious about his own mortality and still is mature. We can debate realism of hindi movies where lead character is a cancer patient that keeps singing and dancing to the end but that perticular one symbolizes a person who is mature without being morbidly serious.  Dr. Lagoo's character in "Kinaraa" was another such character. I have seen people like that in real life and try to become one myself -with dismal success. 😳
BTW, Maryam when you read this, Mature people use smileys sparingly.< And this is something I have never heard! What should I call it "mature person's stereotype'? oops, they are mature! πŸ˜‰
Most politicians are on the other hand immature serious people. Khomeinie for example - you never will see a picture of him smiling but he was immature enough to have nearly a million of his country's young men killed.

I haven't seen thse movies, so can't say anything about it, coz I don't know what the situation was with them! BTW, we can learn from movies aswell, although, they are fiction. Sometimes they leave us with a ❓ and force one to think about life in general. Depends on one's thinking! Sometimes, movies are not just for entertainment. They are made to thikn about issues. An example would be "rang de basanti". Now, obviously, one can argue about diff. messages being sent out through this movie, diff. ppl will have different views, but it is a part of your life. They make us realise what we are actually going through right now. Messages like these couldnt have been sent out by printing awareness brochures or anything! Well, this a totally diff discussion!

BTW, the message that you are trying to promote thru ur sig will not get anywhere, and a movie 'could probably' have caught the mind sof ppl. I am jst trying to comment on ur comment " I hate to give examples from movies"!

Edited by heart girl - 17 years ago
heart girl thumbnail
BTW, I was confused with her explanation of a mature person, not with what actually is a mature person! My defination will definately not match yours, because everyone has diff. wasys of thinking. If you are mature in your eyes, they you are, otherwise not!
Thanks!
Was fun commenting!
Bye SowmyπŸ˜›(Although, you are not hereπŸ˜”)...But will read your description too, although, won't have time to comment! grr! Anyways, bye!
chatbuster thumbnail
sorry if this sounds too serious (immature?), but i think there are different dimensions to maturity- physical, emotional, mental. out of these, biological/ physical maturity perhaps most strongly correlates with age. consider the fruit which ripens and matures only over time. the rot sets in later. emotional maturity on the other hand is more related to personality and is shaped by life's experiences. there is a lot of mind-over-matter interplay between all three aspects. ultimately it's all a complex interrelated web, where different aspects are maturing at different times. we're all at different points on that multi-dimensional maturity space. 😊
Snape thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
no it doesnt. older people might have seen the world more than younger peoples, but that doesnt mean they have learnt from it. Many people dont even learn what is the right thing to say or to do even in their old ages