Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I feel a show like Kankar was handled really well considering the topic it illustrated. The show dealt with domestic violence, and while that is a common theme to pick up, Kankar was handled in an appropriate manner. The best part about the show was the female protagonist, Kiran because even when the whole world was against what she believed in, she never backed down once. She stood up for what she believed in throughout the entire show, mostly all alone. Her very own mother tried pulling her back but in the end after seeing how brave her daughter was, she gave in as well..and in fact started supporting her.

It's hard to change society, but you can change yourself..and sooner or later the world around you will change as well. That's where something like Kankar, at least in my eyes, stood out. The change began with the victim raising her voice. I know it's a hard thing to show, but that's an approach a lot of our channels, writers, producers/directors should try showing when they're going to portray such sensitive topics. If not, then honestly what's the point? I remember a lot of people used to get pissed off at Kiran raising a voice against her husband or demanding a divorce..it's as if we're so used to seeing that NOT happen that when it DID happen people couldn't handle it. 😆
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago