Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
I love the gifs Mais. Especially the last one where he leans back to the wall. It just portrays so many emotions
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mai1moono

As much as I love Wali,I can't bear to see Farah cry and Wali being indifferent to same.
Farah is such a tragic character.Wali at least has his mom and sister,who does Farah have?
Not looking forward to the next episode.

I know it will be a bit hard to see Farah crying but then how will she realise her feelings and importance of Wali if she does not go through all this.
Yes, Wali should not be too rude to her, but then Wali is a man whose ego is hurt badly. He wouldn't let her in that easily. At the end of the day, we will all feel bad for Farah.
CouchPotato90 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

I know it will be a bit hard to see Farah crying but then how will she realise her feelings and importance of Wali if she does not go through all this.
Yes, Wali should not be too rude to her, but then Wali is a man whose ego is hurt badly. He wouldn't let her in that easily. At the end of the day, we will all feel bad for Farah.

Oh, cut the crap, Mariam. 🤣 You know as well as we do that you (and the rest of us) are gonna love it.

We've had an orthodox Pathan patriarch in Agha Jaan, youthful rebel in Behroze, a familial adhesive with a spring in his step, in Sohaib, a beautiful subservient daughter in Arjumand, who endures heartbreak for no fault of hers, a hare-brained crackpot in Ruhina Arsalan, an ebullient little birdie in Zarminey and a bunch of devious and scheming mercenaries in the Tajamuls.

Leading this rather boisterous wolfpack is a debonair Wali and a demure Faraa.

Conflicted by inner turmoil led Faraa to be unreasonably uncouth to Wali for a really, REALLY long time.

The least Wali is entitled to is to vent his frustration at his legally wedded wife, for a relatively short period of three months. He simply mirrored Faraa's attitude towards him, for the better part of 5 years. Yet, all that stonewalling by Wali is merely a facade to leave Faraa vying for his love and affection.

The time we have all (well, almost all) been eagerly (or, desperately) waiting for, is finally here. The time when the plot involving Wali and Faraa (Osman & Maya, in particular, for me) truly comes under the lens, without their chemistry being encumbered by the likes of Ruhi, Moeez, Indo-Pak War, Asteroid Attack or the apocalypse. Just plain, blissful 'Osman & Maya'.

Up top, Tuesdays!! 😆

So I guess, what lies in store for us in the upcoming weeks is a riot that should leave us in stitches and ROFL, as the man of the house decides to play Faraa like a puppet on a string. 🤣

Buckle up people, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

K. Gotta bolt, now.

Hasta la Veesta. 😉

Edited by CouchPotato90 - 9 years ago
girlTalks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CouchPotato90

Oh, cut the crap, Mariam. 🤣 You know as well as we do that you (and the rest of us) are gonna love it.

We've had an orthodox Pathan patriarch in Agha Jaan, youthful rebel in Behroze, a familial adhesive with a spring in his step, in Sohaib, a beautiful subservient daughter in Arjumand, who endures heartbreak for no fault of hers, a hare-brained crackpot in Ruhina Arsalan, an ebullient little birdie in Zarminey and a bunch of devious and scheming mercenaries in the Tajamuls.

Leading this rather boisterous wolfpack is a debonair Wali and a demure Faraa.

Conflicted by inner turmoil led Faraa to be unreasonably uncouth to Wali for a really, REALLY long time.

The least Wali is entitled to is to vent his frustration at his legally wedded wife for a relatively short period of three months. He simply mirrored Faraa's attitude towards him, for the better part of 5 years. Yet, all that stonewalling by Wali is merely a facade to leave Faraa vying for his love and affection.

The time we have all (well, almost all) been eagerly (or, desperately) waiting for, is finally here. The time when the plot involving Wali and Faraa (Osman & Maya, in particular, for me) truly comes under the lens, without their chemistry being encumbered by the likes of Ruhi, Moeez, Indo-Pak War, Asteroid Attack or the apocalypse. Just plain, blissful 'Osman & Maya'.

Up top, Tuesdays!! 😆

So I guess, what lies in store for us in the upcoming weeks is a riot that should leave us in stitches and ROFL, as the man of the house decides to play Faraa like a puppet on a string. 🤣

Buckle up people, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

K. Gotta bolt, now.

Hasta la Veesta. 😉

couldnt have agreed more with you 👍🏼
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

(now that I'm a bit more sorted out)

The episode had too much of Moiz drama. But that's okay, since the whole episode was used in establishing the Big Bad Moiz, hopefully we'll be spared of his face in the future for a while and the next time he'd get all this footage is when either Wali or Farah give him a blasting of the lifetime. I hope it's Farah cuz he hasn't wronged Wali the way he has done to Farah. I shudder to think what Farah's reaction will be when she finds out that no one has been sincere to her since Behroze died. The only ones who were sincere to her, she kept pushing them back so much that now it (rightfully) feels to her that the damage is beyond repair.

Anywho! My heart sang seeing the development we got in Farah. The very first scene itself was a Farah in literally a daze because she felt so light and happy. I went completely, "awww!" seeing her walk to the pillar and holding it like a child, smiling without restraints seeing her Agha Jaan. She had been so lonely and restless for all these years that suddenly this peace is too much for her to control. She can't hide it, she has to show it to the world. But then again, only AJ can really understand that. The Arjumand-Farah scene was uff..so cold. Arjumand was in her ever classy mode, telling Farah to stay in her limits all the while skimming through the newspaper. And Farah had to take it all in silently. Hahah..super loved how Arjumand was all, "bore horahi ho tou TV dekh lo." There was this visible wall between them. Arjumand was showing her all the courtesy as a guest but not as a permanent member of the household. And Farah felt that. Farah's silence was echoing her sentiments ke itna time itna kuch bola hai, itna kuch kiya hai, ab kya karoon? Ab kya bolun? She basically has no right to say anything in her defense when she herself knows how wrong she was. This is what I love about Farah. She isn't a hypocrite even when it comes to her own self, galat hai tou hai..bahane bana ke kyun zameer ko satisfy karen?

I believe Farah was kinder to Moiz than what his attitude called for. I could see her getting mighty pissed off at his tone and accusations but she maintaining a civil tone with him, stern but civil. Khair, she hasn't seen him in his scheming self so for her he's still the guy who wishes the best for her and "loves" her. So she reacts to that image in her mind. I guess I'll have to wait for Moiz having to face Farah's wrath for a little more time now The hand pulling back scene came at the right time. Farah might brush off Wali's words the moment after he says them because zidd but she does reflect upon them. They do stay with her subconsciously. First his assesment that she was a girl with loose morals pricked her because well, he was right considering the situation. And now that she is in the haveli for some days and that place is rubbing off on her, it was only right for her to flinch at Moiz's touch and look around to see if anyone noticed that inappropriate exchange. Farah will always learn on her own, the most one can do with her is tell her stuff and then leave her to figure it out. Khud hi seekh le gi. Sometimes it takes time and people start mistrusting her sincerity but then...it's not Farah's headache to give proofs of loyalty at the expense of her ego.

For the most part Wali did ignore Farah but haaye re ye dil. How could he ignore Farah's "beloved" cousin coming all the way to the haveli to meet Farah? That conversation in the corridor was such a last minute decision on his part. He just needed a reason to vent his frustration at her, to get some reaction out of her. And when the reaction was so contrasting to her previous loud ones, he took the more humanly selfish route and started attacking her sincerity. I really liked how Farah reactions were via her expressions only, first shock and then that little smile on her face which well, I did bring it upon herself' to the way she walked away without retorting, with heavy steps and head hung in shame. She ain't a fool and neither is Wali. They both know her behavior now is different than how she has been acting for the past, oh, five years. And who in this world would believe that someone could change so drastically in few short days? So, when Wali taunted her for her acting skills and Farah didn't reply to any of these accusations, they were thinking this very same thing. When Farah walked away without giving any explanation, because really that is not like her to defend her actions, and Wali lost all his composure the second she turned her back on him...that bit struck me right in the heart. Gaaah! I live for gradual progression/development like this! Just last week they were raging at each other, all wild and violent. But this week was so different. It was all between the lines with them, but for us. They are in that beautiful angsty phase of having so much unsaid between them which, when said, will solve everything.

And that brings me to OsMaya who are just AAAH!!! Seriously! They have breathed such life in the characters of WaFa. They express themselves not just with words but with everything else as well. The body language, the expressions, the tone of their voice; we are never confused about what these characters are feeling. Whether they are being genuine in what they say or not. It's sheer brilliance that's at play here. The dynamics these characters share with other characters in the show are so vastly different from one and other, it takes some real talent to differentiate between them. OsMaya do just that. I'm in awe of their portrayal of these complex characters of Wali and Farah. Just...*fangirl squeal*

The AJ and Farah scenes are such a treat to watch. Amidst all the chaos of emotions, inside AJ's room there's only peace. Though I wish they had shown the Suhaib-Baby Farah scene rather than just talk about it. It was a very significant scene in the novel and I guess they wanted the same impact here but just talking about it doesn't cut it. I liked the follow up conversation more, Farah asking AJ if their lives could ever be normal and AJ being guilty that he was the one who has brought this abnormality in their lives. It's just so good to see Farah finally having someone with whom she can say what she feels in her heart without fearing the feeling of being judged or rebuked.

Another fav of mine was Moiz's scene with Ruhi. Shukar hai Ruhi got a taste of her own medicine. It's so easy being all badtameez with people but so hard to receive the same treatment from closed ones. All her life she put Moiz above everyone else and ussi Moiz ne usse kya khari khoti sunai. I couldn't help but thinking in that moment that despite Wali having all the rights and justifications of being ill-mannered with Ruhi, he never crossed a line. Wali, the supposed jaahil wehshi insaan who is the bane of Ruhi's peace. And Moiz, the supposed good guy, aankhon ka taara and laad dulara...he so easily snapped at Ruhi inspite of knowing Ruhi's distress at being separated from Farah. Someone please open Ruhi's eyes. But her stupidity tou knows no bounds. I'm forever angry at her for asking for Tajamul's permission before calling her own daugther! YOU MISS HER, YOU CALL HER!! WHY ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOUR BROTHER?! DON'T YOU HAVE SENSE OF YOUR OWN?! GAAH! Ruhi always comes up with new ways to annoy me! :@

Moiz, pls doob jao. That monologue of his ke Farah ko apna deewana bana dunga and shit tou just...! Even in his natak has he NOT realized that Farah isn't that kind of girl?! Farah teri tragedy bohat badi hai...there's no one who understands you Thankfully she is on the way to realize that what she thinks she feels for Moiz isn't all that realize. Shewas herself surprised when she realized that Moiz's thought never crossed her mind even once. If he hadn't reached out to her, she wouldn't have thought about him at all.

Moiz is such a touchy topic with Wali. Just his mention has him losing all his good mood. In AJ's room when Moiz's arrival was announced and also when Arjumand said Farah's loyalties lay with her mother and cousin, Wali's displeased reaction was so clear. He can't help it. The hurt of the bruised ego and rejection is too much for him to just get over so easily. And he hasn't talked to anyone about the restaurant incident it seems. He so pointedly ignores the whole topic. But Arjumand is a mother, she knows his son. Even if she doesn't know the whole story, she knows that Moiz isn't an easy sight for Wali to bear. I know her heart is at the right place, she wants Wali away from Farah and her family..the source of all his hurt but still..seeing her trying to brainwash Wali against Farah wasn't something I approved of. Because I know Wali treats the subject of Farah very possesively. He has never discussed Farah with anyone. Bhala ya bura, he wants to deal with her on his own. And anyone else telling him what to do doesn't sit well with him. Aaah...this possesiveness. Such a novel wala Wali ka trait 😳

Precap is AHMAZING! I have this observation about it that I want to talk about so desperately but I'll shush for the week. Epi aane be bataoungi! Kameene promo wale! I hope they show everything in the next week itself, agar Moiz ke chehre ko footage di tou Imma flip tables! :@

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
nice progress, people! *note the sarcasm please* Barely 15 pages!?? :O Sust ul wujood freaks around here, looks like nobody has discussed the episode yet 😆
CouchPotato90 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The reference to Agha Jaan has been so consistently commonplace, that the name 'Bakhtiyar Khan' seldom registers with me, anymore. 🤔
Edited by CouchPotato90 - 9 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

nice progress, people! *note the sarcasm please* Barely 15 pages!?? :O Sust ul wujood freaks around here, looks like nobody has discussed the episode yet 😆

main tou ayi hi aaj hoon and I did my part 😆 gifs and review both posted xD
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

main tou ayi hi aaj hoon and I did my part 😆 gifs and review both posted xD

Such unity to finish the thread. I'm impressed. *once again, notice the sarcasm* 😆

Main bhi abhi aayi hoon. Time hi nahin milta weekends ke ilawa. Lemme see what I can write about the episode.. gaah! I'm so lazy
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Such unity to finish the thread. I'm impressed. *once again, notice the sarcasm*😆

Main bhi abhi aayi hoon. Time hi nahin milta weekends ke ilawa. Lemme see what I can write about the episode.. gaah! I'm so lazy

such dedication..much amaze...so wow..