Aajao aajao Ice cream bhi khilati hoon.. maine apni side choose Karli hai..😆

now rain drops is in the lead. 😆
Abby needs to make a come back, guys this might end in a draw 😆
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Why does he has to do tv dramas his whole life

And coming to luck he is lucky Enuf to hv worked with the Bhatts and a legend muzaffar Ali

Other newcomers don't even get this chance

And it's never a foolish decision to go for Bollywood as Bollywood gives an actor huge huge reach worldwide which is never possible being a pak drama actor his whole life

Even if he doesn't get any new movies it's fine and I will always want hum to do pak dramas and I m glad he hasn't quit tv inspite of doing Bollywood whereas other heroes think they r too big tondontv after getting a Bollywood break...but hats off to Imran he doesn't hv such ego clashes and doing both Bollywood and pak tv simultaneously

Also I m also impressed how he prefers pak dramas over lollywood...he said in an interview that he wud prefer do pak dramas than the lollywood movies as the dramas hv good quality ...I m happy he isn't wasting time doing lollywood and doing what will give him good reach in both pak and worldwide...that's pak dramas and Bollywood

That way no one can tell him he got exported but also he can move forward in career n not stuck in tv forever

Who said Imran has to do dramas all of his life? I said Pakistani serials and films.

And, Imran never said he wouldn't consider a Pakistani film. I've yet to read or hear him say that. I think Imran should balance between both films and drama serials in Pakistan because as I said earlier..he's successful in Pakistan. There's no need for him to constantly work in a different industry where he isn't succeeding...because he already has success back home..he should use that to his advantage.

I also think you're being unfair with your generalized statements about Pakistani movies. Pakistani films are doing good...very good now. If you feel disappointed by a few trailers, that's fine...but the point is if you take a look at how we're making films NOW as opposed to years back..there's such massive improvement. People are willing to make films, take risks etc. The intent is there. And, you need these same tv actors to help take Pakistani films forward. Eventually, global recognition will come..but that's not the top priority right now.. You're constantly comparing a huge, well established industry such as Bollywood to an industry that's only learning the tricks to the trade at the moment.
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Round one
Usman-1
Abby -0

Waiting for round two with popcorn 🤣

u r always ready with popcorn 😆
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@abby.

Firstly, I don't see Ali Zafar surviving in Bollywood. I don't even see him really continuing further in Bollywood even if he has films lined up [does he?]... and it's always going to be that way for Pakistani actors. The scripts/roles that Bollywood would provide them, even if they may be selected for an A-class project, will be limited, probably always, because there's the option of going for other actors who basically are more approachable perhaps, who don't come from a different nationality hence no visa issues, and won't have a list of do nots/restrictions. And from what I've seen, Pakistani actors/actresses just don't fit well in Bollywood films.. they look misplaced as there's a certain discomfort level that shows because it's a different kind of industry and not the usual safe homeground. Also I don't mean to spread Indo-Pak hate by any means btw, I'm just stating what I've felt/observed.

Coming to Imran, if Bollywood isn't working out for him, instead of experimenting here and there, he should focus on what's working for him which are his projects in Pakistan. He's had great success with both Alvida and MNYH this year, and is now coming with a third project that most likely will score on the TRP charts.

Secondly, the name Lollywood can we please avoid that? Especially because I feel it's being used as an insult even if that may not be the intention...😕 and generalizing and calling all Lollywood films pathetic is sheer unfairness. Who says these films haven't gotten recognition? What is even the deciding factor for "recognition"? Critical acclaim, the amount of money they make, etc? All the films that have released in this new revivial have gotten their share of flak and appreciation. Each film has an audience that it caters too. Have you seen Bin Roye or Wrong No. to call them pathetic or are you depending on only the negative reviewes? Because if there's people who disliked them, there's an equal amount of those who loved them and I can show you the proof.

You think Lollywood won't give Imran a good reach worldwide but Bollywood will... how? Despite doing 2 films there he's pretty much still unknown there. And unless he works with an A-list production house [Bhatts do not count] it's going to stay that way. Also lollywood not having enough reach is because it's been a pretty non-existent industry for the last couple of years with films only being made in the last 2-3 years. It's an experimentation process right now.. one that will churn out amazing films, good films, bad films, really bad films, etc. They're still trying to work out what works and what doesn't so to expect an A-class film is stupidity on our fault. And just because something won't work or has been dead, doesn't mean they shouldn't work to revive it. The drama industry had died a few years back, that got revived and is doing relatively well now so why can't they work on reviving the film industry? Plus there's not that many cinemas in Pakistan yet anyways. With Pakistani films doing well [which btw all 3 that released this July have not to forget the ones that released earlier], more cinemas are being opened, meaning more of a screen count and more profit. It gives filmmakers the credibility to know that yes they can go forward and make films. If Lollywood starts now they will get their worldwide reach and appreciation not in 8-10 years maybe even in 5 or less. BR may have been a shitty film according to many, but it did amazingly well worldwide. So your point of Imran should do a bollywood movie which whole world will see but not do Lollywood makes me go LOL 😆. I wonder why Creature and Janisaar failed then.. or why other bollywood films that are released worldwide yearly fail. Waar was a Pakistani film that released worldwide and was a hit. Nothing is guaranteed. A film can be coming from anywhere and if the content is promising it will deliver both critically and commericially.. it just depends on what kind of an audience the film requires. I don't understand why you keep on generalizing and categorizing... you're calling Shah and Moor as serious films [they haven't even been released or seen yet so how do you know what kind of films they are?] And even if they are serious films [Waar was a serious subject too], they can be gripping and work commerically too. It's not necessary that they'd fail 🤔

And again, you haven't seen DMPS, KSL, JPNA and yet you're calling them all pathetic. Wow.. talk about bias..You do realize you have an option of watching or not watching these films right? No one's forcing you. The same films that you're calling pathetic may be epic films for someone else. Everyone's opinion differs. Trailers are misleading all the time.. a film in the end can surprise you.
And while we're at the point of other actresses have stooped much lower [which automatically only means one thing ] might I add Imran himself has done intimate scenes in both his Bollywood films.. [I'm referring to intimate as in something that the Pakistani audience doesn't appreciate like making out or can't be viewed with your family considering cultural norms] but that's not something to complain about because of-course he's a guy.. only Humaima/Veena/Meera bring shame to Pakistan not him 🥱. Then there's people like Ali Zafar who do the scenes then come back to Pakistan and claim it's a body double 😆 Boy do males have it easy..

Lastly, it became bollywood vs. lollywood because that was in your first point itself. You yourself called all lollywood films pathetic and compared them to Bollywood which is a well settled in industry.

If certain Imran fans want him to stay and work in Pakistan they have a right to express their opinion just like you're expressing yours. No one's celebrating his failure.. they're concerned. It's about choosing a path that will work well for you at the end of the day.. that's about it.

Edited by BlackStar. - 9 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Both of Imran's films looked really bad...so its no surprise they failed. But I disagree with the argument that Imran shouldnt try his luck any more in BW. If he gets something good in the future then why not?
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Pakistani shows are worldwide popular compared to their movies.But they too started from the bottom (2000 era) and peaked few years ago.Even now,most of them are doing well.
Pakistani Film Industry has just started its struggle..Bin Roye,Wrong No or any movies that are going to be released in future are going through the starting phase.If they are doing good, good for them.It will give hope to producers,investors and distributers to put their money on this field. There is lots of talent in Pakistan...we all saw that in their TV industry.

The TV actors are now doing movies.This is why I feel Imran(or Fawad,Ali) should help revive their own industry.They have the pull with the audience.They shouldnt let that go.Sure,there is nothing wrong with doing Indian movies once in a while but as Pakistanis,they should think about their own industry too.

(Before anyone jumps on me, I know Fawad has done movies in pakistan too)

Basically, "Lollywood" needs lots of work right now.The seeds have been sown.It will take few years before it will come to fruitation .

Edited by friends_rock - 9 years ago
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Bin roye got serious bamboo from the critics and audiences alike...it was that bad

JPNA...WRONG NO...KARACHI SE LAHORE hv u seen the trailers ...it's a torture itself to sit through the trailer for 3 mins leave alone the whole movie

And its not even lollywood vs Bollywood

pak wants to revive the film industry ...they are most welcome to do that but if someone is getting offers from Bollywood why will he say no to the 2nd biggest film industry in the world ...getting an offer in Bollywood being from a rival country is itself a big thing

And imrans films had nothing to be ashamed of...Other pak actresses hv stooped much lower to get a foothold in Bollywood but failed miserably ...compared to that both Imran and Fawad has maintained their dignity and did the movies...

Then why is veryone saying he shud quit bolly and stick to pak projects only

Inspite of being a Bhatt project creature had nothing vulgar whereas newcomers in other Bhatt films go to every extent of vulgarity to get attention like the pak actress in Sara Loren in murder 3 and now she is doing another vulgar movie whose promos are on air

Even Bollywood actors hv big flops but that doesn't mean they quit the industry

Fawad was bashed left right centre for not doing bin roye and choosing khoobsuraat but going by the reviews khoobsuraat seemed the best decision Fawad made ...Bin roye wud hv brought him nothing ...

I don't know why the discussion became lollywood vs Bollywood

It's very very unfair to compare a struggling industry with such a huge industry

But why is everyone criticizing Imran for accepting Bollywood offers ...it's not as if he is representing pak in the wrong way or insulting pak fans by doing vulgar scenes

Why is everyone saying he shud take a break he shud quit blah blah whereas his Bollywood journey just started

And he is doing pak dramas too

So what's the complaint of the audience I wonder

Fawad and fahad fans can complain as they hv quit dramas

But why is everyone so keen in making Imran quit Bollywood just coz his films bombed

People are supposed to hope and pray that he better projects next time which will do justice to his calibre

But this thread is like a celebration of his failure which turned into a lollywood vs Bollywood discussion out of nowhere

Nyways carry on the debate

I m out

no one is celebrating here we are just discussing. No need to take things to heart. Its a discussion forum and such things are bound to happen here.

An established star like Ranbir Kapoor was criticized badly after his three flops toh Imran kya cheez hai. the things is that after two consecutive flops at the start of his career, its going to very tough for him to land a quality product. So what I meant to say that it is better to come back here where his success chances are more or less cent percent.

All these movies you are calling pathetic have made money and have been a success excluding JPNA but I am sure once it will release it is going to make money as well. Now the trailers were bad or not.. that is purely subjective.

I don't think Pakistani industry will take 10 or so years to bloom.. Films are coming out after another. This month alone will be seeing release of 5,6 movies which is a great deal imo..pehle itni movies pooray saal mein banti thi..

2ndly, you are confusing Vikram Bhatt and Mahesh Bhatt's production. They have different production houses and it is Mahesh Bhatt whose movies have sexual content whereas Vikram Bhatt mostly make horror/supernatural/thriller movies. His movies does not have sexual content (raaz series excluded as they were under Mahesh Bhatt banner but were directed by Vikram Bhatt). Vikram Bhatt movies include Haunted 3D, 1920, 1920 evil returns, Ankahee, Creature 3D, dangerous ishq, Mr X etc.
Edited by Usman. - 9 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I think Abby has left the building 😆