Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
I'm not pleased that Aitraaz is airing the same time as DeD, but I won't be giving up DeD for it. I'll just have to watch it online, or the repeat, or not watch it at all.
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ridaanur

I DID NOT WANT to go in it but for some reasons Ranting on it Mais๐Ÿ˜ณ ask for apology in advance๐Ÿ˜ณ
TRPs are the rating points calculated from SAMPLE Audience through meters which are connected with TV sets in those selected households. In Pakistan Ratings are provided by the rating Agency Medialogic with partners in it, REPORTEDLY the Sample Audience is around 1100 in 20 different cities out of which around 30% is based in Karachi only, Totally Urbanized
i don't have exact info that for how many of the sample audience is considered for ratings = 1. but what i know is that for drama ratings, Targeted Audience is Females of 15-45.
if a drama is getting 1 so it stands for 1 million audience catched... vo bhi females๐Ÿ˜†
on less popular channel or new channel if a drama got ratings of 1+ it's considered hit
and for popular channel or already established channel
to get a hit = it should be 2 or around 2
for superhit= around 3
for blockbuster= around 4 or above, or 3.5 +
on the other side Gallup Pakistan has some larger sample of 5500 but that's something provides totally different results with PTV and ATV on top always because it's based on both Rural and Urban audience, and for Channels their Race is based on ratings provided by Media Logics Pakistan which we call TRPs and GRPs
and till last year it had sample of 700 households in 6 or 7 cities only๐Ÿฅฑ

chalo ji, if sample households in hundreds in God knows which area are the deciding factor of what millions of people like nationally AND internationally tou phir tou qissa hi khatam ๐Ÿ˜†

In India I can understand the craze for TRPs in fandoms because there at least there is one, authentic source of calculating the TRPs which is acceptable for all. Pakistan mein tou jiska dil chahta hai wo TRP thok deta hai. So I really don't understand the craze for TRP at least on this forum. Where everyone is more interested in what the drama is about than what numbers it pulls through.

And if another show does get more number in these charts than DeD, so what? Does it mean DeD suddenly becomes the worst show to grace our TV screens? Does our time invested in it suddenly becomes time wasted? Does all the hardwork the cast and crew did on this show suddenly become nothing? Do I suddenly become a person with bad choices because I enjoy this show so much more than anything else on TV? And probably will continue doing so. Will all the feedback that the actors and the crew get on social media, which they read live and directly, turn into, 'Sorry ji. Another show is getting more TRP. Now all of a sudden you suck and the other more TRP getting show is the best thing since sandwich.'

Cut all the TRP obsession and just watch you like, discuss what you feel more about it, and simply ditch anything you don't think interesting enough. Simple.
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lovefk

Okay so maybe yes an Imran abbas show will gather attention but DeD is at a point where it's tale is the most gripping In my opinion and also now only those people are watching who're dedicated so I don't think aitraz will make a difference

๐Ÿ‘
This

Word Count: 1

Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lovefk

GUYSS ONE DAY TO GO WE'RE GONNA GET SOME MAJOR WaFa CUTENESSS

๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคช

Word Count: 0

sourmisery thumbnail
Mary - the vm is AMAZING! I'll be honest, at first I was a bit humored cuz I usually don't take this song seriously and there's so much pyaar mein dukhi Wali all around in all vms...but then..aah! How could I not be affected by Wali's angst?! The editing was WONDERFUL! Simple and clean and so on point. Superb, totally loved it! Do make more! I seriously can't wait for some Farah centric VMs but for that we need some Wali-centric Farah's POV which is something other than hate ๐Ÿ˜†
.LovelyDreamer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hum Tv just uploaded the promo in their fb page..
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Mary - the vm is AMAZING! I'll be honest, at first I was a bit humored cuz I usually don't take this song seriously and there's so much pyaar mein dukhi Wali all around in all vms...but then..aah! How could I not be affected by Wali's angst?! The editing was WONDERFUL! Simple and clean and so on point. Superb, totally loved it! Do make more! I seriously can't wait for some Farah centric VMs but for that we need some Wali-centric Farah's POV which is something other than hate ๐Ÿ˜†

Thank you Mais! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Haha I chose this song because (a) I did not want to make a VM on a slow sad song, I wanted an upbeat song and (b) I wanted to show an angry Wali and not a *pyar mein hara type* Wali. ๐Ÿ˜† He looks super hot when he is angry and plus, this is what Wali considers Farah right now *bewafa*..๐Ÿ˜‰

I will for sure!
Oh, I will definitely make one on Farah's perspective as soon as we get some scenes! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -shabz-

I watch online so I m going to watch both DEd and aitraz

Same here! But the new YT player pisses me off

Originally posted by: 26javey

I'm not pleased that Aitraaz is airing the same time as DeD, but I won't be giving up DeD for it. I'll just have to watch it online, or the repeat, or not watch it at all.

ARY made a stupid decision to air it on Tuesdays out of all the days. If this is their big budget show and they need TRPs they shouldve chosen any other day.
sourmisery thumbnail
Diyar-e-Dil's FB page had uploaded the whole Wali and Farah's clash scene and it has 53, 638 views on it which impresses me so much! :O