The industrious Aisha Khan - interview

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

The industrious Aisha Khan

Published: July 23, 2015
84SHARES
TWEET
Actor opens up about her life, love and upcoming project Jawani Phir Nahi Ani'.

Actor opens up about her life, love and upcoming project Jawani Phir Nahi Ani'.

KARACHI:

Only a few can perhaps recall a 17-year-old Aisha Khan, essaying the role of Sajjal on the acclaimed PTV drama serialMehndi. And there are even fewer who would vouch for the effortless grace she depicted the character with. Even then, it was evident that Aisha was destined for stardom. While the serial became an instant hit, Aisha's career ebbed and flowed over the years, up until Bilal Lashari'sWaar released in October 2013. Her performance as police officer Javeria took Pakistan by storm, listing her among the most sought-after stars of the industry.

Speaking to The Express Tribune, the now 32-year-old actor can't help but gush about the unprecedented success of her first movie. "I always knew Waar would be a roaring success, but I never expected it to become as huge as it did," admits Aisha. "After Mehndi, I had to work very hard to maintain my place in the industry. There've been many challenges, but luck was on my side for both my first play and film."

One of the setbacks Aisha has had to face is the undue attention she received for the westernised accent she spoke with in Waar, which became a point of contention for critics of the movie. Many slammed her for trying to emulate American actors. The reality, however, couldn't be farther from the truth. "I was born and raised abroad. I attended an American school and Canadian university. Waar was an English movie for which I was simply speaking in my natural accent. There was no pretending at all," she clarifies. Fortunately for her, she isn't one to get fazed by negative criticism. Her confident and indomitable nature is apparent in the way she puts her contemporaries to shame by confessing to being above 30 unabashedly. "I can't lie about my age. There's a tattoo on my arm that reads my birthday - 27th of September, 1982'," she says.

With this fearless attitude, Aisha has been planning well into the future, having already completed work on her next project Jawani Phir Nahi Ani. The film is directed by Nadeem Baig of Dolly Ki Ayegi Baraat fame and is scheduled to be released on Eidul Azha. "It's a genuinely funny film. Very classy and shooting it was so much fun," shares Aisha. Even Bollywood may well be on her cards, seeing how she seems open to the idea of setting foot in the industry across the border. "Acting is my passion. I'm willing to prove my acting abilities anywhere, but there are some issues with Bollywood," states Aisha. "I hail from a very conservative family that doesn't promote dancing, on-screen intimacy and even wearing sleeveless outfits. Bollywood must respect my choices. Otherwise, there are plenty of options to pick from in Pakistan."

Aisha's eloquent discourse and natural, girl-next-door appeal lends credence to her upbringing. Family is of utmost importance to her and she prefers staying home with her parents over heading out. "I'm very domesticated at heart; a total daddy's girl. My father is my strength and weakness. I have an elder brother and am very close to his wife and children." But with fame comes trouble. For Aisha, it came in the form of alleged linkups with her male co-stars, such as Noman Ejaz, Humayun Saeed and Hamza Ali Abbasi. She puts the conjecture to rest, jesting, "Apparently, Humayun and I are married, although we're just friends." She adds, "In fact, I'm probably closer to his wife Sameena than I am to him."

Hamza and Aisha coincidentally are childhood friends, while she deems Noman as a brother. "I call him Nomi bhai and he calls me bacha'," she says. "I know rumours are part and parcel of being famous and all one can do is pay them no heed. It's just disgusting how stories are made up out of nowhere." How does Aisha really feel about love? Her views mirror that of romantic novel. "You know, if I ever fall in love, I will jump off the roof and announce it," she claims. "I might hail from a conservative family, but my parents are very accepting of love marriages. So, why'd I ever hide it?" But for now, Aisha is at peace nurturing her first and true love, which is acting. "I can't thank my fans enough for their overwhelming support. I'm extremely blessed.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/925227/the-industrious-aisha-khan/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
So much delusion in her interviews.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Don't know why I dislike her so much 😔
starstruckk thumbnail
Ayesha's always talking about how she comes from a conservative family - how she can't wear this, can't do this, cant do that yet she does it all as per her shoots, random videos, personal photos etc. Not sure what she's trying to portray herself as.. She also always talks about her age. Why is that such a topic of discussion? lol.. Mehndi aired in 2003..and she was supposedly 17 then? So, if you do the math, 12 years later she should be 29? but she says she was born in 1982? So, she's also apparently turning 33 then this year? Nothing ever makes sense when it comes to her age and she always make it a point to get it clarified anyway. 😆

I think Ayesha is a really good actress. One of the best in Pakistan I'd say..but, she gives off obnoxious vibes in all her interviews.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Ayesha's always talking about how she comes from a conservative family - how she can't wear this, can't do this, cant do that yet she does it all as per her shoots, random videos, personal photos etc. Not sure what she's trying to portray herself as.. She also always talks about her age. Why is that such a topic of discussion? lol.. Mehndi aired in 2003..and she was supposedly 17 then? So, if you do the math, 12 years later she should be 29? but she says she was born in 1982? So, she's also apparently turning 33 then this year? Nothing ever makes sense when it comes to her age and she always make it a point to get it clarified anyway. 😆

I think Ayesha is a really good actress. One of the best in Pakistan I'd say..but, she gives off obnoxious vibes in all her interviews.

She doesn't give interviews on her own

When she is asked questions then she answers

And since last few yrs she is always asked about her age coz in our industry an actress touching 30 is considered a taboo

On the contrary she shud be applauded that she throws her real age at the journalists faces when asked about her age n give the new age actresses a run for their money n has survived this industry so long

And she didn't say she was 17 in mehendi...it's the reporter who wrote that n he shud get his facts correct now that she has stated her year of birth clearly

I didn't find anything delusional in the interview

It was a straight forward honest interview just the way she is in real life

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Abbey: I don't think Pakistani audience and industry cares much about actress age. Saba Qamar, Ayesha Khan, Samiya Mumtaz, Savera Nadeem and many others have played lead roles and people haven't really bothered about their ages. So, there shouldn't be any excuse to hide your age imo.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
She too has done something to her face.. :/ She was really pretty during Mehendi days.

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Abbey: I don't think Pakistani audience and industry cares much about actress age. Saba Qamar, Ayesha Khan, Samiya Mumtaz, Savera Nadeem and many others have played lead roles and people haven't really bothered about their ages. So, there shouldn't be any excuse to hide your age imo.

It's not about the audience but the Asian media who always mks an issue if an actress has crossed 30 and also not getting married after crossing 30...Even Saba q is being asked these age and marriage questions now in recent interviews

The viewers don't ask the stars questions...the reporters too and for them this age and marriage of actresses is always the headlines unfortunately in Asian sub continent and if the actresses r as popular as ayesha or Saba q tab toh khair NAHIN
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

She too has done something to her face.. :/ She was really pretty during Mehendi days.

She has done a lip job and I didn't like it much either

She was very beautiful before as well

Among her old dramas I watched her in manay na yeh dil with fq and parsa with AHSAN and she was very pretty there

But the change is still tolerable than what fq has done to his face
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I've seen 1/2 interviews of her & they weren't much to write about, she seemed up herself. Just happened to catch an interview of Mahira's here in England have to say the lady speaks well and is in contrast quite articulate in putting forth her views