Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The thing I don't like with the faraa Wali track as of now Is that she agreed to the nikah because behroz told her trust my choice hence she agreed what I fail to understand right now is how can she not give benefit of the doubt to that person who Is her father's choice who she trusted the most since forever and who she was closest to!!! idk does this make sense this Is just my opinion and how come hum isn't promoting this show wasn't it really talked about during the production phase
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@ Zaya - agree with u on d hallow female (even male) characterization by the writer. I couldn't relate to either Khirad or Asher in HS, much less Sara nd the rest and I guess dat's d only other show I hv watched penned by her.
Same problem I have with her characterizations in did drama as well and frankly speaking no one I am able to connect with as such...only in parts I can do so. First I connected with Behroze and Ruhi but their characterizations ended uo being the most disappointing. I couldn't relate to Suhaib at all, except towards the end. Arjumand didn't make much of an impact, except again in parts and the last epi 19 was the one I liked her best in. And now I can connect to Fara and Wali too. Bas hopefully they'll not massacre their characters.😳
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

well...at least they are showing something 😳

I am so sick of Hum's lameass promotions regarding this show though! 😡

Khiske hue loug hain ye Hum walay. I'm telling you. LIKE, DUDEEE! Air a freaking promo by Saturday at least. Meri tou precap pe hee heartbeat tez hogayi thi.. I so desperately need a promo.😡
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: lovefk

The thing I don't like with the faraa Wali track as of now Is that she agreed to the nikah because behroz told her trust my choice hence she agreed what I fail to understand right now is how can she not give benefit of the doubt to that person who Is her father's choice who she trusted the most since forever and who she was closest to!!! idk does this make sense this Is just my opinion and how come hum isn't promoting this show wasn't it really talked about during the production phase

@bold - that is the whole thing! Her blatant insistence to not even give Wali a single chance to explain his situation! Not just Wali but Agha Jaan as well. She is stuck on the first impression she got of both these men: Wali is the good-for-nothing guy who does nothing but waste time and money and Agha Jaan is the strict patriarch who values nothing more that his ego.

Warning: Spoiler-ish.

In the novel it was told why Farah is the way she is and none other than Agha Jaan said it. He says that Behroze, Farah, and Zarminey are like him - impulsive, egoistic, strong headed who value their own assessments than anything else. And they stick to it. It's hard for them to cool down and think about the long run. But Wali is like Suhaib. The calm, rational, logical person who always thinks of the greater good and takes everyone's well being into account before taking any decision.
If Farah is like AJ, then think of the AJ we had when the drama started. He willingly sacrificed his son for the sake of his ego. But AJ learned from his mistakes and realized the ugliness of his behavior. Farah is the same. She will learn. It's just it's not her time yet.
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Khiske hue loug hain ye Hum walay. I'm telling you. LIKE, DUDEEE! Air a freaking promo by Saturday at least. Meri tou precap pe hee heartbeat tez hogayi thi.. I so desperately need a promo.😡

WORD!! They air Karb's promo on a freakin' WEDNESDAY and DeD's promo we get on TUESDAY! Like WHAT THE HELL?! Why do their promotional strategies suck? They keep on promoting their new shows like and don't care about the shows already airing! Now DeD is really picking up and promotion is what it needs but this ghantaa channel! 😡
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

@ Zaya - agree with u on d hallow female (even male) characterization by the writer. I couldn't relate to either Khirad or Asher in HS, much less Sara nd the rest and I guess dat's d only other show I hv watched penned by her.

Same problem I have with her characterizations in did drama as well and frankly speaking no one I am able to connect with as such...only in parts I can do so. First I connected with Behroze and Ruhi but their characterizations ended uo being the most disappointing. I couldn't relate to Suhaib at all, except towards the end. Arjumand didn't make much of an impact, except again in parts and the last epi 19 was the one I liked her best in. And now I can connect to Fara and Wali too. Bas hopefully they'll not massacre their characters.😳

I know. Characterization is not Farhat's thing. Even her novels are mostly on fairytale romance (tou esi stories ki tou female characters bhi esi hee hoti hai, you know na).. and so are her drama adaptations. But I liked Humsafar and now DeD and the major reason is the direction and cast. There's nothing great about her plots and characters tbh. I don't think her novels are even well received by the readers.. i myself am not a fan of her writing. I've just read her three books and out of those only one is absolutely amazing and indeed something other than romance. DeD novel I liked a lot because of Wali's character. The novel has nothing amazing or different.

I liked Behroze, Suhaib and Arjumand but umm I can't relate to characters like this. Meri priority kuch aur hai when it comes to characters. I can never relate to Farhat Ishtiaq's characters.. told you. Her characters and stories are not realistic or relate-able and I'm all for realism.
sourmisery thumbnail
Farhat is indeed a very fairy tale-ish writer. She has these larger than life kind of heroes and romances which are very far away from reality. And I think she has confessed to liking this kind of writing and has made it her forte. Her novels might not be worth recommending to serious readers but they are a fun read. I have lost the count of how many times I've read "Mere Humdum Mere Dost" because it's such a time-pass novel and it never fails to entertain me. The last novel she wrote in Khwateen Digest, "Jo Bache Hain Sung Samait Lo" had me hooked to it till the last episode! But god! The story was so unrealistic and seemed like a complete rip off from western contemporary romances. But wohi baat...it was engaging and interesting till the end. I think readers like her in her genre. Digest novels are mostly escapism anyway and FI delivers brilliant escapism.
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Farhat is indeed a very fairy tale-ish writer. She has these larger than life kind of heroes and romances which are very far away from reality. And I think she has confessed to liking this kind of writing and has made it her forte. Her novels might not be worth recommending to serious readers but they are a fun read. I have lost the count of how many times I've read "Mere Humdum Mere Dost" because it's such a time-pass novel and it never fails to entertain me. The last novel she wrote in Khwateen Digest, "Jo Bache Hain Sung Samait Lo" had me hooked to it till the last episode! But god! The story was so unrealistic and seemed like a complete rip off from western contemporary romances. But wohi baat...it was engaging and interesting till the end. I think readers like her in her genre. Digest novels are mostly escapism anyway and FI delivers brilliant escapism.

Yeah, sometimes they are indeed interesting and you continue to read them despite knowing how unrealistic the story is. 😆 DeD, for instance. I've read it thrice despite the larger than life kind of hero Wali was. But I still LOVED Wali.. he is my second favourite character from FI's works. Honestly, DeD is an enjoyable read.. it is the second best work of Farhat, imo. But still .. in stories se dil bhar jaata hai. And that's when you need books that are not just mere escapism. for good and sensible reads, FI doesn't work (except in her work like Woh Jo Qarz Rakhtay thay Jaan Per).

P.S. I dislike Mere Humdum Mere Dost. Didn't like it at all. 😛
sourmisery thumbnail

Yeah, sometimes they are indeed interesting and you continue to read them despite knowing how unrealistic the story is. 😆 DeD, for instance. I've read it thrice despite the larger than life kind of hero Wali was. But I still LOVED Wali.. he is my second favourite character from FI's works. Honestly, DeD is an enjoyable read.. it is the second best work of Farhat, imo. But still .. in stories se dil bhar jaata hai. And that's when you need books that are not just mere escapism. for good and sensible reads, FI doesn't work (except in her work like Woh Jo Qarz Rakhtay thay Jaan Per).

DeD is something I enjoy watching more than I did reading it 😆 It's an okay thing for me. I like Wali on TV more than on pages because the loveable Wali we got in the last pages only and that's not enough for me >,< I still like the book but it's not one of my fav Urdu books, that's for sure. But then again, everyone has their own preference. I sometimes want to hurl my monthly digest at the wall because of all the same ghissi pitti stories it contains. So yeah, one does get sick of the escapism as well 😆 It all depends on my mood I guess...I know for sure I ain't getting any fantasy romance so no harm in reading about it 😛

I love MHMD though...Haider!
lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

is the translation available somewhere maybe even in Roman urdu I can comprehend that oh now I really wanna read it angry okb will be pretty hot in my opinion though looking forward for that!!! his smile though makes me melt