Frequent Posters

-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
@Sakeena: Beautiful Siggies and Avis! Mais ki toh Eid ho gayi 😆 😳
CouchPotato90 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It may be safe for me to presume that all us I-Fers have probably scrutinised Episode 19 threadbare.

As I promised in my earlier post, on to Episode 20 now.

The idyllic backdrop of Skardu and probably the casting of OsMaya as the lead couple have been the USP of this show (at least for me, they have.), the adaptation of the novel notwithstanding.

I say so because these are the two aspects of the show that viewers have been probably gushing about the most (of which I am probably at the forefront of).

As I was reading the various posts on this thread (oh, come on. Who am I kidding?... I friggin' devour every single post on threads concerning Diyar-e-Dil, here on I. F.), I noticed that Moeez copped a fair bit of criticism for proposing to a still married woman.

Now, I may hate Moeez to the hilt for being a sorry excuse of a man, par mujhe Faara usse bhi zyaada beghairat, nakaable-bardaasht aur na-pasandeeda isliye lagti hai because she apparently lacks even a semblance of individuality and perspective.

Behroze ne toh Arjumand se apni engagement todhi thi (bhalein hi woh engagement bachpan ki hi kyon na ho). Beti toh Baap se bhi chaar kadam aage nikli. Shayad uss evil vamp, Ruhina Arsalan, ki tarbiyat ka asar hai. Talaaq toh bahut door ki baat hai... Abhi toh Wali ko bheje gaye divorce notice ki court mein pehli hearing bhi nahi hui aur mohtarma nikal padhi mangni karne, woh bhi ek aise shaks se jiske khilaaf napasandeedgi ka ehteraaf faara ne khud kiya tha.

As much as I root for Wali & throw the weight of my support behind him, I would still not be prejudiced against a Faara - Moeez union (which, for the love of God, will remain hypothetical at best) had she been firmly opposed to her nikaah with Wali at the very outset & asserted her right against the same on Behroze.

On the other hand, Wali, when confronted by Zarminey about his approval to marry Faara, clearly demonstrated how his decision to do so was more than just sentimental as opposed to Faara who never so much as confided in her parents by sharing her apprehensions with either of them.

Behroze ne kaha Wali se shaadi kar lo toh usse shaadi kar li. Ruhi ne kaha toh, shaadi-shuda hone ke baawajud, Moeez se Engagement karne waali thi (had it not been for Wali).

Just as Wali says, "Faara koi doodh peeti bachchi thodi hai?!" (Jaise uske koi usool hi na ho.) Maano jaise Faara ka koi wajood hi na ho. Jo marzi chaahe uspe apni raza musallat kar jaye.

Concealed underneath the veneer of Conscience, Arrogance & a subtle disillusionment is no more than a subservient, pandering little sycophant in Faara, or so it has appeared until now.

Which brings me to question the endurance of the firmament of the familial romance that Diyar e Dil places Wali and Faara on.

Does a conflicted, prevaricating woman in Faara, despite eventually professing her undying love for Wali, deserve Wali and not actually someone more like Moeez.

And, does someone as imperial, assured and pragmatic as Wali really not deserve any better than Faara. Love may be blind. But is it also deaf, dumb and mute. Or, maybe something inexplicable & fantastic feels truly at home here. Opposites do really attract each other.

Now, I demand that my fellow IFers continue to repose their faith in my incessant, persistent & an almost compulsive obsession with the Osman-Maya romantic pairing, even if it continued to go against every fibre of their being. 😵

But, what are we really celebrating here?

Is it a titanic struggle to inspire familial faith.

Or, an ultimate reconciliation of polarising perspectives purged by redemption.

Or, maybe just a not so mushy romantic tryst between Wali & Faara.

Let's just allow Love (and not just the romantic) to trump all else, shall we.
Edited by CouchPotato90 - 9 years ago
lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

Well, there is a twist and I am not telling anything more. Sab bata dungi to how will you guys enjoy the show. 😛

TWIST MARY PLEASE DONT DO THIS PLEASE TELL OR JUST A LITTLE HINT AT LEAST...???
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
CouchPotato90 - you do really have a point about what you said regarding Faraah not having her own perspective.
CouchPotato90 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

CouchPotato90 - you do really have a point about what you said regarding Faraah not having her own perspective.

Assalaam u Aaleikum, ZaYalicious. Touche.

But let's just give her our blessing anyway. 😊
Edited by CouchPotato90 - 9 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: CouchPotato90

Assalaam u Aaleikum, ZaYalicious. Touche.

But let's just give her our blessing anyway. 😊

Yeah lol. I always felt how she was in the shadow of her parents and did whatever they tell her but it all comes to this. After Behroze's death, she was vulnerable and in such a state that she could be easily moulded and manipulated. At one side, her mom was constantly telling her that Agha Jaan is bad and then there was AJ showing her affection and love. She herself was confused and mixed up. And her mom took a greater advantage by putting an end to Agha Jaan meeting Faraah so often. She played her part well in distancing Faraah and AJ because she knew that AJ's love would eventually overcome what she's trying to make Faraah believe. Then there were only phone calls .. and of course, she is slightly wrong about not thinking of her relationship with Agha Jaan separating it from her nikaah with Wali. Khair, it is all about giving a chance. Once she goes to the haveli.. sab theek ho jayega. On a side note, Farhat Ishtiaq's female characters are very hollow with no depth.. she is someone who concentrates more on her plots, which are mostly romance. And judging by your previous post, it looks like you look up to seeing well developed characters and in this case FI is just not the right choice. The thing is Farhat Ishtiaq's drama adaptations get such good direction and cast that people like me end up liking the story.

P.S. No offence to the writer.. One of my favourite works is by Farhat Ishtiaq. 😳
clockworknerd thumbnail
Humtv's showing the same promo they showed last week. 😆
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: CouchPotato90

It may be safe for me to presume that all us I-Fers have probably scrutinised Episode 19 threadbare.

As I promised in my earlier post, on to Episode 20 now.

The idyllic backdrop of Skardu and probably the casting of OsMaya as the lead couple have been the USP of this show (at least for me, they have.), the adaptation of the novel notwithstanding.

I say so because these are the two aspects of the show that viewers have been probably gushing about the most (of which I am probably at the forefront of).

As I was reading the various posts on this thread (oh, come on. Who am I kidding?... I friggin' devour every single post on threads concerning Diyar-e-Dil, here on I. F.), I noticed that Moeez copped a fair bit of criticism for proposing to a still married woman.

Now, I may hate Moeez to the hilt for being a sorry excuse of a man, par mujhe Faara usse bhi zyaada beghairat, nakaable-bardaasht aur na-pasandeeda isliye lagti hai because she apparently lacks even a semblance of individuality and perspective.

Behroze ne toh Arjumand se apni engagement todhi thi (bhalein hi woh engagement bachpan ki hi kyon na ho). Beti toh Baap se bhi chaar kadam aage nikli. Shayad uss evil vamp, Ruhina Arsalan, ki tarbiyat ka asar hai. Talaaq toh bahut door ki baat hai... Abhi toh Wali ko bheje gaye divorce notice ki court mein pehli hearing bhi nahi hui aur mohtarma nikal padhi mangni karne, woh bhi ek aise shaks se jiske khilaaf napasandeedgi ka ehteraaf faara ne khud kiya tha.

As much as I root for Wali & throw the weight of my support behind him, I would still not be prejudiced against a Faara - Moeez union (which, for the love of God, will remain hypothetical at best) had she been firmly opposed to her nikaah with Wali at the very outset & asserted her right against the same on Behroze.

On the other hand, Wali, when confronted by Zarminey about his approval to marry Faara, clearly demonstrated how his decision to do so was more than just sentimental as opposed to Faara who never so much as confided in her parents by sharing her apprehensions with either of them.

Behroze ne kaha Wali se shaadi kar lo toh usse shaadi kar li. Ruhi ne kaha toh, shaadi-shuda hone ke baawajud, Moeez se Engagement karne waali thi (had it not been for Wali).

Just as Wali says, "Faara koi doodh peeti bachchi thodi hai?!" (Jaise uske koi usool hi na ho.) Maano jaise Faara ka koi wajood hi na ho. Jo marzi chaahe uspe apni raza musallat kar jaye.

Concealed underneath the veneer of Conscience, Arrogance & a subtle disillusionment is no more than a subservient, pandering little sycophant in Faara, or so it has appeared until now.

Which brings me to question the endurance of the firmament of the familial romance that Diyar e Dil places Wali and Faara on.

Does a conflicted, prevaricating woman in Faara, despite eventually professing her undying love for Wali, deserve Wali and not actually someone more like Moeez.

And, does someone as imperial, assured and pragmatic as Wali really not deserve any better than Faara. Love may be blind. But is it also deaf, dumb and mute. Or, maybe something inexplicable & fantastic feels truly at home here. Opposites do really attract each other.

Now, I demand that my fellow IFers continue to repose their faith in my incessant, persistent & an almost compulsive obsession with the Osman-Maya romantic pairing, even if it continued to go against every fibre of their being. 😵

But, what are we really celebrating here?

Is it a titanic struggle to inspire familial faith.

Or, an ultimate reconciliation of polarising perspectives purged by redemption.

Or, maybe just a not so mushy romantic tryst between Wali & Faara.

Let's just allow Love (and not just the romantic) to trump all else, shall we.

I have had 'n' number of issues with this show and have ranted about them and then finally came to the vital decision making phase of whether to quit watching the show or to continue and just go with the flow and decided on d latter, since I enjoy Sanam's acting so much ( yeah even as the hateful, pitiable, weak, and I cld go on Ruhi) and if I discard logically analyzing all angles, this show is an enjoyable (I use this word liberally) show to watch and that's what I am doing.

Coming to Fara I think we r jumping the gun here. Let's see what compels Fara to accept Moiz's ring? But yes they haven't shown her very decisive except for some sparks here and there.

Also Fara hating on AJ is kind of half-hearted, but she has been emotionally blackmailed into making an either/ or choice and she actually has no choice but to chose her mother who keeps having attacks at the drop of a hat! She is getting herself emotionally sucked.
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Farah personally is one of my favorite females on TV. When we first saw her, she was this feisty young girl who took no one's shit and called a spade a spade. And we knew why she was like that. She had her father's backing throughout her life, the man who indulged her impulsively angry nature but taught her to never be too hateful towards others as well. Ruhi never liked Farah's very Pathani angry nature.

Then the Nikaah issue. She was being pulled in two different directions. She was young, impressionable, wanting desperately to make things work so that she could go back to the life she was used to. On one had she had her mother encouraging her to disrespect her father in front of everyone and on the other she had her Baba begging her to understand that he would never make a wrong decision regarding her life. I think at that point the reality of the Nikaah didn't really dawn on her and she felt it was more of a side-effect of the sudden fight between her parents.

Post Behroze's death what Farah needed the most was emotional support from her family. But what she got was Ruhi getting hospitalized. Losing one parent then seeing the other one almost slip away. That scared her and that fear is what makes Farah be so obedient to Ruhi's words. Then the Nikaah thing came into the play. A young girl, reeling from the loss of her beloved father, facing the loss of another parent was so badly shaken and scared of the possibility of kidnap and whatnot that the only sanctuary she thought possible was the walls of her own house. Farah went through a huge personality makeover then which is still being reflected. This conflict within her personality is not what she was, nor what she will remain forever. This conflict is what she has to resolve to find peace. On one hand she gets pulled towards AJ's bay-los love and concern then on the other she has Ruhi who is her mother and how can a mother wish wrong for her own child?

Till now, neither Ruhi or Farah have actually analyzed what led to Behroze's death. They fail to see their part in the disaster and are happily blaming others which leads to a lot of wrong things from Farah's part. Ruhi ka tou chod hi do.

As for the marriage thing with Moeez or Wali or whatever - Farah doesn't even want to get married. Never once she thought what would happen to her post-divorce or anything. She is blatantly against marriage. She has no interest in Moeez or Wali as her prospective future husbands. But she has been molded into someone who wants nothing more than to give her mother peace and happiness. In the precap, it was Ruhi's concern that who would accept a divorced girl which had Farah actively thinking about her married life future. For her story would've ended with the divorce. Napasandeeda rishte se azaadi. That's her only wish.

And it's as Zaya sais, Farah doesn't have her own perspective. She used to have it but back then she was free of all the worldly troubles. When reality hits us and we grow up and things are no longer as simple as they used to be, perspectives take a back seat and compromise is the way to be. Farah is compromising her conscience to please what she considers is the only true relation she has - Ruhi. There's almost zero participation of Farah's own free will in all her actions, they are just shaped to please Ruhi. But there will come a time when Farah will be her own person and get back the perspective and will she has lost along the way.
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Humtv's showing the same promo they showed last week. 😆

well...at least they are showing something 😳

I am so sick of Hum's lameass promotions regarding this show though! 😡