Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iSakeena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
i still try to watch i like the guy wali he is so cute and afocurz for Sanams superb acting 😊
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: iSakeena

to b honest all negative becz of mayas super bad acting or shd i call it over acting ..me and my family used to watch this show all together ..ab koi dekhna hi nahi chahta i askd thm thy say ab kya baccha hai sohaib margya behroze b margya and no one can stand mayas acting 👎🏼

Maya is doing very well as Fara...bas her dialogue delivery spoilt the whole charm of Fara and I wish someone had had the sense to foretell that. Otherwise frankly speaking till now for me Maya has been more impressive than OKB, but tht's coz Wali just came to the fore in d last epi. BTW this is the first show I am watching of Maya and OKB both, if one can discount DeS in which Maya had a small role and OKB I caught a glimpse of.😆
iSakeena thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Maya is doing very well as Fara...bas her dialogue delivery spoilt the whole charm of Fara and I wish someone had had the sense to foretell that. Otherwise frankly speaking till now for me Maya has been more impressive than OKB, but tht's coz Wali just came to the fore in d last epi. BTW this is the first show I am watching of Maya and OKB both, if one can discount DeS in which Maya had a small role and OKB I caught a glimpse of.😆

this is first OKB show that i watch i kind liking him 😳
maya doin good n MNYH but yah not gr8😛😛 ..but here she is just too bad IMO 😒
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

IMO d makers have messed up d way the story unfolded and have left manyviewers unhappy.I guess many knew abt the novel and of course the focus in the novel was Wali and Fara. But the makers really tested the patience of the viewers who were looking forward to Wali and Fara and only now after 16 or so weeks have they come into prominence.

Many like me were into the show coz of Sanam and here too there was disappointment coz Ruhi came into prominence only after the 12th episode. And just like u guys, it was pretty intolerable for us who were watching for Sanam to see the way she was being bashed. I had no issue with the character being bashed as that's fictional, but then too it has to be rational. But here toh those responsible for writing the reviews themselves were being so lop-sided and also d difference between the character and actor portraying the character was getting blurred.

Like the other day I was discussing this drama with sm ppl who haven't read the novel nd they had to say tht they were hoping tht Fara and Moiz r the endgame and dat Fara divorces Wali.😆 But those knowing what's gonna happen and I guess they r in d majoritty, at least online, get impatient with the supposed stretching of the drama in showing abt d background tracks.

I guess the one positive part was that Suhaib's character was a surprise to many and was well-liked. But here too I know many had issues and the whole execution of both the brothers dying. Especially both knowing abt their deaths before hand did seem unrealistic.

So overall I feel that there was a lot of negative feedback for the show and now it's continuing with Fara and Wali. Though I personally feel they r doing just fine!

This! 👏

Makers screwed up with the timing and pacing. The intial eight episodes were ah-mazing! It's no secret that most of the people who read the novel tuned in the show for the story that was present in the novel. And then there was a good section of people who wanted to see their favs Mikaal and Sanam in a bid budget show. The WaFa/OsMaya fans got a bit of a dhachka to see the story being shown from the very beginning. But chalo koi nahin, the surprise package that were Ali and Hareem, specially Ali as Suhaib literally carried the show forward. I am not a Sanam fan so I don't know what the feelings of her fans were but me personally was quite intrigued by her character initially. She was so good and positive, so supportive of Behroze. So how could she be the big bad as was written in the novel? That intrigued me. Despite knowing the entire story, we kept tuning in each week because the presentation of the story was so good.

Post episode 9, the story turned into a melodrama. So much crying and guilt and shouting and tantrums. One episode, then two, then three! Then again and again, week after week! No doubt the story moved forward but the melodramatic atmosphere became a turn off. Agreed the show was always heavy on drama and emotions but we had a good mix of things there. Ruhi/Behroze's romance balanced the angst of Suhaib/Arjumand. Agha Jaan was patriarchal tyrant but we saw glimpses of his restless guilt as well. The balance was there and it made things interesting. But recently the only things we are getting are Ruhi's tantrums which make no sense!

What was promised to us in the promos was this - story of love between two brothers and how they were torn apart because of circumstances & the hate to love story of Wali and Farah. The first thing we have already gotten and it's over. The second thing tou abhi shuru hi nahin hai. And the in-between is so...well, it's just hard to sympathize with it. Despite the story moving forward, the stagnancy of emotions makes it annoying. That's why I really liked episode 17! Not because of WaFa but because we got something other than angry tantrums and tears. Some light music, some teasing, the lighter emotions like having secret love for someone. Seeing the young generation now coming in focus, with their thoughts and emotions which are a mix of the old and new, that's fascinating! A breath of fresh air. That's why I say it's high time the old generation takes a back seat and we get the now leads taking the center stage and moving the story forward.
sourmisery thumbnail
@Sakeena - I don't think Maya is doing that bad. I do agree that her childish dialogue delivery was annoying but her emotions and expressions are always spot on. And in this episode we saw her getting rid of the childishness. From here on she will only grow as a character and that would reflect in her acting as well.

I tou would say this, koi Oscar level ki bhi acting karde but if the character isn't worth empathizing with tou all the acting becomes useless. It's no doubt that Sanam is doing a fine job as Ruhi but Ruhi's character isn't worth rooting for, at least not generally. On the other hand, Maya might not be giving an award worthy performance but in the long run people will root for and look forward to Farah more than Ruhi because her character is the voice of reason amidst all the chaos that Ruhi's tantrums have created. I am not bashing anyone just putting up a mild comparison between character and actor solely from my own personal perspective.

Performances have been great consistently since episode one but seedhi si baat hai generally people like or dislike the show based on the characters and situations, not the actors.
iSakeena thumbnail
@mais i respect ur opinion Meri jaan but for me she is really bad :)) and * hugs* for u ;)
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
In POV Maya was annoying with her childish pan..
but now she is getting in to skin of Farah, and I'm liking her.
I bet she will grow up in any time soon.
Ruhi's character needs to mellow down.. I can't take Sanam acting as a bettamiz woman
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

@Sakeena - I don't think Maya is doing that bad. I do agree that her childish dialogue delivery was annoying but her emotions and expressions are always spot on. And in this episode we saw her getting rid of the childishness. From here on she will only grow as a character and that would reflect in her acting as well.

I tou would say this, koi Oscar level ki bhi acting karde but if the character isn't worth empathizing with tou all the acting becomes useless. It's no doubt that Sanam is doing a fine job as Ruhi but Ruhi's character isn't worth rooting for, at least not generally. On the other hand, Maya might not be giving an award worthy performance but in the long run people will root for and look forward to Farah more than Ruhi because her character is the voice of reason amidst all the chaos that Ruhi's tantrums have created. I am not bashing anyone just putting up a mild comparison between character and actor solely from my own personal perspective.

Performances have been great consistently since episode one but seedhi si baat hai generally people like or dislike the show based on the characters and situations, not the actors.

Yes that was another issue with the show. It kept hammering one point over and over again. What was the point of repeatedly showing Ruhi being rude to AJ nd den they having the same kind of convo over and over agiain. AJ repeatedly asking for forgiveness nd Ruhi repeatedly being her rude obnoxious self. Also not only them but the other points were hammered too nd they cod hv done away with them nd made it a more crispier drama.

Anyways I still feel it's a good drama overall, only if the makers wld hv. Given more credit to the viewers.😳

EDig: Mais seems I quoted the wrong post, but u get my point.😉
Edited by khamosshhh - 9 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Made something on Hareem Farooq .. I really like this girl after seeing her as Arjumand with Sohaib
( ) in Dayaar e Dil.. Hope u like it 😳

sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: iSakeena

@mais i respect ur opinion Meri jaan but for me she is really bad :)) and * hugs* for u ;)

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Pakka wala love banti jaa rahi ho tum 😳