Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Majority of Pakistanis do agree with Hamza...but won't openly say this because they'll receive a backlash...which is intolerance and not fair.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Emmjay

Arey bhai! All that happened was that Hamza said he can tolerate same sex marriages in USA but wont celebrate it. And that too as a response of all these begaani shaadi mein abdullah dewanay Pakistanis with rainbow dp's. Usko nahi pasand to us ne keh dia. Zabardasti hai kya? Majority of Pakistanis would endorse his view. Is pe usko itni gaaliyan par rahi hain 😆

Now Shireen Mazari's daughter Imaan decided to report his page for 'hate speech' and started the hashtag asking for his ban on twitter. In response his fans first trended Hamza Ali Abbasi and then successfully trended #ReportImanMazari. 😆 On this, she is now complaining that his fans are harrassing her by asking for her ban. And all these Tribune people have decided to champion her cause. If you can't tolerate someone reporting you to be banned, toh phir aap ne Hamza ko ban karne ka kyun kaha, and why did you report his page?
Today #WeSupportHamzaAliAbbasi is trending on top. Kya mila fuzool ka tamasha bana ke?
Hamza will not change. I dont agree with half the stuff he says but he has full right to express his views. He has been making such posts since before Pyare Afzal and Waar. His maternal side is very political so dont expect him to turn off that side of him just because he is a famous personality now. His views are the same whether it's on FB, on a TV interview, or when he is sitting with his friends and family. He doesn't tweak it to suit his audience. It's controversial, but refreshing. And no need to try to aggravate him on his FB page with gaali galoch. He enjoys stirring the pot and will not back off.

I do feel Hamza needs to express himself in a better way. It's the MANNER in which he expresses himself on facebook which is the problem in my opinion. Sure, it's refreshing and whatnot..but everything isn't white or black. He's an actor...you don't want people remembering you for your facebook posts more than your work as an actor 10 years down the line. As I said earlier, he's more in the news for his opinions on facebook than for his work as an actor.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I do feel Hamza needs to express himself in a better way. It's the MANNER in which he expresses himself on facebook which is the problem in my opinion. Sure, it's refreshing and whatnot..but everything isn't white or black. He's an actor...you don't want people remembering you for your facebook posts more than your work as an actor 10 years down the line. As I said earlier, he's more in the news for his opinions on facebook than for his work as an actor.

You think i havent felt that way? 😆

A large number of his fans would want him to be a more diplomatic person. But if it hasnt happened yet, it wont happen in the future. He has chosen to learn nothing from the previous backlashes he has got. Which means he either doesnt care, or that he enjoys it. I feel its the latter. I see many of his posts as pure troll posts. Like he just loves ruffling feathers - kabhi right wing ke, with his music posts. Aur kabhi left wing ke, with this kind of posts. He just pokes anyone he feels like poking at a particular point in time. Best way to deal with it is to ignore his post. Why are ppl foaming at their mouths abt anything he says on his FB page? Woh post kar ke so bhi jata hoga aur yahan aadha Pakistan pagal ho jata hai. 😆 So ke uthta hoga to usko pata hota hoga ke newspaper mein aaya hua hai 😆
Edited by Emmjay - 9 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I agree..but even if you're not a Muslim., you can still not be in favor of it...and that should be accepted.

i know, but i said that because thats my belief as a muslim, cant say that fir other religions.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
For the first time I actually agree with him...
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Emmjay

You think i havent felt that way? 😆

A large number of his fans would want him to be a more diplomatic person. But if it hasnt happened yet, it wont happen in the future. He has chosen to learn nothing from the previous backlashes he has got. Which means he either doesnt care, or that he enjoys it. I feel its the latter. I see many of his posts as pure troll posts. Like he just loves ruffling feathers - kabhi right wing ke, with his music posts. Aur kabhi left wing ke, with this kind of posts. He just pokes anyone he feels like poking at a particular point in time. Best way to deal with it is to ignore his post. Why are ppl foaming at their mouths abt anything he says on his FB page? Woh post kar ke so bhi jata hoga aur yahan aadha Pakistan pagal ho jata hai. 😆 So ke uthta hoga to usko pata hota hoga ke newspaper mein aaya hua hai 😆

I've heard a lot of Hamza ' s interviews and the guy comes across as really well spoken, intelligent, articulate and way more level headed than how he displays himself to be on facebook. I refuse to believe that it's all genuine online. It may have been initially, but after a while I'm sure he realized how what he says tends to attract attention and he somewhat milks it. It also helps him stay in the news..and for someone who hardly does much work as an actor, it helps him stay relevant. What has Hamza done as an actor in the past year or so? Nothing...but people STILL always talk about him because of his facebook statuses
Lol..he's his own PR.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Didn't know der was a thread here, so had posted dis elsewhere. Am just copy/ pasting it here. Also my post is not abt any specific post of Hamza, but his posts in general.
OK guys I was just reading Hamza's posts on FB and I am no one to judge him and whatever he says it's his personal beliefs and I agree with somethings he has said and disagree with some of them.

He says tht he is not spreading hatred and agree that his posts are very well articulated and he puts forth his views in a civilized way, but my point is the comments that follow after his posts. Many of the comments are filled with hatred from both sides and just leads to arguments and counter-arguments.

I feel social media is not the platform for celebs to strongly put forth their POVs as it leads to a lot of negativity. In a controlled, organized environment, to voice ur POV is fine, but in social media space to do so, where it is a free-for-all kind of an atmosphere, it just leads to a lot of things being said in nasty ways and just leaves a very bad taste in the mouth, for I suppose many ppl. So he is not spreading hatred directly, but unfortunately a lot of it is getting spread indirectly. As a celeb he shld be more responsible and cautious. Also I suppose it is sometimes prudent to be silent.

Sorry if anyone is offended. That was not my intention. Bas this was on my mind for a long time and den I happened to read his posts on FB.😳
anne156 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I dnt know y ppl are bashing him he is totally rite ...being a muslim we dnt need to celebrating ...
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@khamosh: I agree with you.. his comment has definitely ignited a fire and as star said I also believe he does it purposely.
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well i agree with him for the first time...didn't like his item song post or the post regarding music...but this time he is absolutely right...
but i agree with others as well i think he enjoys the controversies that r created after his fb posts 😆