Fahad Mustafa upset with comparison with PTV era

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Article taken from reviewit.pk by Saud

Many of the viewers who are avid drama watchers find themselves comparing the dramas that are on air nowadays to the dramas that were made in the golden era of PTV for many reasons. Some viewers do it because they want family entertainment and they feel that dramas have become too bold. Other viewers maybe doing so because the dramas nowadays lack the content that was signature style of PTV. One of the actors Fahad Mustafa who also owns a production house now namely Big Bang Productions has finally spoken out about this complaint from the viewers.

fahad mustafa1

While talking to a weekly magazine Fahad said, "All I hear this day is how we don't have good dramas and every tom, dick and harry is standing in front of the camera. Comparisons with the long-lost PTV era! For heaven's sake man, let's take it as a business. Dramas are not for propagating messages/ lessons. We have enough of drama' on news channels. A Pakistani needs relief so entertain them with quality productions. We need massive hits. We need a cult following and image building [for our industry]. We live in an age where everything is acceptable yaar... so drop this televangelist rubbish."

fahad mustafa2

Fahad Mustafa said that he wants to work in dramas and films that make people happy.

"My objective is to add some happy moments to the lives of other people. For similar reasons, I did Na Maloom Afraad (NMA). I signed Mah-e-Meer before NMA and playing Meer Taqi Meer is the role of my life, such a character and beautiful script is offered only once in a lifetime and I didn't waste the chance."
Fahad Mustafa also thinks that it is very unfair that Pakistani audience compares our films with that of India.
"I'm very disappointed with our audiences as they compare everything with Indian movies. Their industry is huge and we're toddlers. We haven't even learned to walk and people are expecting us to fly! We're our biggest enemies, cutting each other's roots."
Fahad Mustafa will be hosting Ramazan Special Show on ARY.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
What has gone into him?
The kind of dramas he is producing are neither happy nor entertaining (Koi nahi apna, Doosri biwi, mere humraahi)
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

What has gone into him?
The kind of dramas he is producing are neither happy nor entertaining (Koi nahi apna, Doosri biwi, mere humraahi)

Plus a few days back he was saying some of the upcoming films should flop but obviously he has different standards for TV dramas
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i didn't get it what is he trying to say!! So he is blaming viewers for expecting quality shows??!! Ok dramas r not for spreading social msg they r for entertainment...but what was his drama db,koi nahi apna,mere humrahi and all..were they entertaining?? Viewers should remain happy with this type of drama!! His show kankar gave strong social msg..but was not it entertaining also..?? Didn't people like it!!
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
I luved his answers

He is so damn straight forward and so damn true

I agree now there r many fazool dramas the reason being too many channels too many time slots alloted to dramas

But that doesnt mean people go bk to ptv era all the time and curse present dramas

I also see a lot of viwers bash the present actors as fahad said people say every tom dick n harry r standing in front of camera ...THIS ACCUSATION IS SO NOT TRUE...agree there r many newcomers in the industry but MOST OF THE NEWCOMERS ARE TALENTED...not jus actors there r many new emerging good directors and writers too...on the contrary acting is so so so much better now...in the ptv era many scenes had OTT acting but now even the supporting cast acting is pretty decent

Coming to films here also I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH FAHAD...COMMON GIVE THE PAK FILM INDUSTRY FEW YEARS...compared to bollywood lollywood is indeed a toddler but instead of appreciation of the new good pak films i hv seen many viwers unfairly comparing it with bollywood movies and saying pak films hv failed to b like bollywood...GEEZ LET THE INDUSTRY FLOURISH THEN COMPARE

now a days there r good dramas too but people hv the PATHETIC HABIT OF GENERALIZING EVERYTHING saying todays dramas were trash n ptv dramas were epic

Whereas there were trash dramas in those days too and there r good dramas in todays times as well

Jus coz of a few good dramas ptv era is colored a legend and jus coz of a handful of trash dramas todays times good dramas r ignored

Which is really very unfair

And fahad is absolutely right

Each n every drama doesnt hv to preach

As long as they r giving entertainment in a good way viwers shud b happy
Usman. thumbnail
Abby: Why shouldn't people compare? And if he is talking about entertainment none of the serial from his PH was entertaining.. rather most of them were depressing (meri beti, mere humraahi etc).
I agree about movies though.. I have no complaints from the movies coming out from our industry. At least they are trying.. and they deserve the credit for it. But you've to agree that drama industry's standard are going down day by day. Lets not make comparisons with PTV era.. if you compare them with like 4,5 years ago..current dramas will fall flat in front of them.
ridaanur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
In MY View till now the grace of Pakistani Drama saved just because Private Productions and Channels are MOSTLY handled/ owned by the actors, directors, producers who HAD Affiliation with P.T.V Once. Otherwise the entertainment is not 2nd Marraige, Extra Marital Affair, Suspecious Husband or Susral, Rape and Blaah Blaah 🤢
and it is NOT the audience who keep on comparing the movies with Bollywood it's the Makers (NOT ALL of THEM) who are trying to copy them and producing CRAP... 😵 Kawwa Chala Hans Ki Chaal...👎🏼
ridaanur thumbnail
"...For heaven's sake man, let's take it as a business. Dramas are not for propagating messages/ lessons. We have enough of drama' on news channels. A Pakistani needs relief so entertain them with quality productions. We need massive hits. We need a cult following and image building [for our industry]. We live in an age where everything is acceptable yaar... so drop this televangelist rubbish."

Sorry Mr. Mustafa strongly DISAGREE here 👎🏼
ridaanur thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

Plus a few days back he was saying some of the upcoming films should flop but obviously he has different standards for TV dramas

As an actor he is saying that he is lucky to get the Role of Meer and as a viewer I should accept and watch all the CRAP 😳 Why man Why???? I really got hurt after reading his thoughts...🥺
Edited by ridaanur - 9 years ago
ridaanur thumbnail
@ Abby_Jeran: dear difference of opinion lies here where he says

"Comparisons with the long-lost PTV era! For heaven's sake man, let's take it as a business. Dramas are not for propagating messages/ lessons."

I mean Seriously in my surroundings people still watch drama not for the sake of entertainment ONLY... Other wise they can get entertained easily by the long lasting Indian soaps played on TV 24/7. PTV era is compared because of dramas like Waris, Andhera Ujala, Dhoop Kinare, Tanhayian etc just not because of entertainment but also for having Social MESSAGES and RELATIONSHIP VALUES IN HUMAN LIFE.
NO ONE is saying that TV Productions have stopped producing Quality Dramas but it is the TREND they are trying to SELL which get opposed and due to this trend Drama is DIVERTING its Dimensions...and believe me these concepts can sell ONCE or TWICE but not for LONG
Edited by ridaanur - 9 years ago